Rockstar Music

Rockstar Music Employee Reviews

Canada5 reviews
Rockstar's got a great culture and the philosophy to teach kids not only privately but also in bands really works!

One of the only schools that I've worked at where the owners actually care about quality and treat their staff well. Work at your own pace, set your own wage, benefits (even for part time hours). It's as good as it gets teaching music lessons.
Pros
Benefits, Salary, Set your own wage, travel pay
Cons
Not enough for a full time income
15 May 2019
You are right, music is a team sport! Thanks for all your hard work! We are lucky to have teachers who share in our vision and believe in the importance of teaching music in a social setting.
Great owners, great vibe, a great place for musicians work! Set your own hours! Great Pay! I don't know of any other music schools that offers benefits!
Pros
Benefits!
Cons
No cons
15 May 2019
Thank you for your kind review! We know that music instructors will often work multiple "gigs" and often rely on teaching as their steady income source. You work hard teaching and in return we believe that you should earn a sustainable income and have access to resources such as benefits to live a quality life!
I have been teaching guitar for the past 17 years and have had a typical regular student base of around 3-4 students at a time. As soon as I signed up to rockstar I was able to up this to double figures.

Being able to give up working in the bar and teach guitar full time was a dream come true. Payments and everything were handled easily through rockstar.

David
Pros
Boosted my business
15 May 2019
Thanks for your valuable feedback, we continue to innovate and improve the set-up process for qualified music instructors to get started teaching with us.
Great platform, really easy to use. Sign up is quick and simple, got connected with a ton of students, great way to expand my music teaching business!
15 May 2019
Thank you for your feedback and for being an awesome part of the Rockstar team!
Great team culture, flexible schedule and the boss is really awesome. The compensation is fair and they're the only music school around that offers benefits to its part-time employees.
Benefits
Cons
Have to drive to students houses
15 May 2019
Thank you for your feedback! We introduced benefits knowing that no other music school is offering it's teachers benefits.

Typically a working musicians income is generated by performing gigs, working part-time and teaching. Teaching is often the steady portion of the income and so it should follow that teaching should also be how musicians make their "living".

We believe that our team of music instructors is our number one asset, and we wanted to make sure our team is happy, healthy, and full of energy.

We're glad to have you on the team and we will continue to support and innovate for our Rockstar team!
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Rockstar Music. Our community is ready to answer.
4.6