RockFord Wok Bar Grill Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Work-Life BalancePay & BenefitsJob Security & AdvancementManagementCulture
Don’t waste your time
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Prince George, BC11 May 2018
Over worked and understaffed.
Staff would rather stand around and gossip and complain about guests over doing their jobs.
Management is very unconcerned about your work load and well being.
Is you are a hard worker be prepared to do everyone else’s job while they talk and text on their phones during shift.
Pros
Tips are high
Cons
Unsupportive management, lazy staff
Coworkers are great, job isn't
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Prince George, BC26 March 2015
An evening shift starts out slow, and is a bunch of fun to start, as you get to work with the staff, but if often got quite busy and it would cause you to constantly rush.

I learned how to work hard and appreciate those around me. The management was kind and concerned, and the co-workers were like everyday friends.

The hardest part is keeping up with the inflow of dishes, especially if there's a banquet that night. It's very easy to fall behind if you don't constantly keep the dishwasher going, which leaves little time for breaks until the very end of the night. The best part though is seeing the people who work there and getting a part of the free food that comes from messed up orders or co-workers ordering food for everyone to share.
Pros
Free food, great staff
Cons
Little chance for breaks, stressful
Fun place to work
Server/Hostess/Busser/Expo (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC16 April 2014
A typical day for me at the Rockford grill was very exciting. The shifts were on the shorter side which was a down fault. On the plus side all of the staff were really friendly and willing to coach me when I was struggling with a situation. The hardest part of my job was wearing heels on shift. But it also made me feel important walking down the isles so it did have its benefits.
Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  North Vancouver, BC21 March 2013
Morning prep cook, learnt to fast and efficiently. Co-workers were in a separate room, didn't have too much interaction with them. Hardest part of the job was just working alone, was really quiet and kind of felt like jail
Cons
short hours