Rocket Science VFX

Rocket Science VFX Employee Reviews

Good work, very poorly managed
Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 November 2019
Unfortunately- just a tough environment for most people. Only the highly specialized are treated with any dignity, of which there are precious few. Really a training house for VFX artists from abroad., so a great opportunity for them. Objectively, a third rate company in the VFX industry in Toronto.
Great Company to Gain Experience
Artist (Current Employee) –  35 Golden Avenue20 June 2019
Interesting projects; lots of responsibility if you are able and willing to take it; opportunities for growth & leadership. Some overtime when things are busy, but by and large work life balance is good. VFX is a tough industry, but this is a pretty solid studio.
Pros
Opportunities for growth
Cons
Growing company - need to iron out some of the communication
Worst place to work
Artist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 June 2019
Toxic environment, my advise is that please avoid this one and save your time. There are a lot better studios than this one. This has been the worst place i have ever worked at. I think this place has the worst employee retention rate.
Pros
Free cookies & candies
Cons
Toxic work environment
Best VFX Company in Toronto to work for
CG Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 March 2019
Let me start by saying that Rocket Science has been my best experience in the VFX Industry so far. We work mostly on television series, with some small feature work and feature sequence work.

Flexible hours, almost no overtime, great projects and great people.

This is first job I've had in VFX where I can walk my kids to school in the morning and still have dinner with them at night and that's far more important to me than finger painting classes or free mugs.

Management is responsive and rewards the best performers. If you are good at what you do, you will succeed here. If you're looking to just get by or coast, you won't succeed.
Pros
Flexible reasonable hours, good projects, almost no overtime
Cons
more free meals might be nice
Not a recommendation
Compositor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 March 2019
In truth, the toxic environment is really borne out of the chasm between the three owners. Only two of them are actually involved in the business, which creates a serious divide between reality and what is demanded of the employees. There is no serious consideration towards culture and employee engagement.

There is a snack bar though.... so there.s that.

And they have gone thorugh 5 HR managers in less than 2 years. Should tell you ALL you need to know.
Pros
free chips
Cons
toxic environment, toxic management, lack of respect abounds
Fun workplace
Production Manager & Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 January 2019
A fun place to work if you're looking to do VFX work in Canada, hilarious that Indeed is asking me for this information in Australia. Maybe try reading a review from someone who currently lives there.