Robins Donuts Employee Reviews

provides a great learning area for training
Barista (Former Employee) –  Corner Brook, NL25 March 2019
it was a great job that i miss alot, worked with a great crew of girls who were fast on their feet and very friendly, make sure to make it clear how many hours you are willing to work.
Pros
free dounut a shift
Cons
i never had free time
review of Robins Donuts
Counter staff (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB18 March 2019
- Exchanging information from the other staff that was working.
- Change the cash register to my name at shift change.
- Making sure the condiments, cold cuts, sub buns, soup, were filled and making sure the drink cooler was filled. Making sure the Donut counter was well stocked and clean.
- Greeting customers when they came in to place an order.
- Saying goodbye and thank you for coming and have a great day.
- I learned that there was some very nice people I served and some not so nice eg ( very demanding, letting kids run all over).
- Customers that let big messes, some that cleaned up.
- Management was very good,they were there to help with problems that needed to be looked into.
- There was many different cultures working at Robin Donuts, some were hard to understand although most were good at English.
- The hardest part of the job was watching kids run around making too much noise for some customers.
- Rude customers that didn't care about the mess they left or how they talked to us.
The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting so many wonderful people, working for a good boss and staff.
Listening to the laughter of our customers.
Pros
We did get a free meal and a drink on our shift within reason, the good bosses, staff and customers.
Cons
The customers that expected over the top service, kids running around making other customers uncomfortable.
fun
Cashier (Former Employee) –  fort qu appelle sk12 March 2019
I enjoyed working there every person I worked with was very friendly an the boss was a nice person he helped a lot when I didn't know what to do
good working environment
Robins donuts
Head Evening Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Amherst, NS11 March 2019
Worked around my schedule , always learning new things , never a dull moment , organized and management was super nice and helpful! Customer service job
Good environment with fast paced work
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Nackawic, NB6 March 2019
At robins, it is fast paced. You must work hard and efficiently in order to get the job done well. You must understand the importance of working together, and being patient and kind with customers.
Busy Job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Whitbourne, NL29 January 2019
Very busy work industry. Management was great to get along with and worked with you to address your issues. Helped you when needed. other staff was good to work with as well
Fun Team
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ON18 December 2018
Depends on the store and location, it can either be fun and busy and keep you going making the time go by faster... or it can be real boring if its not a very busy place. Get the chance to work alone if thats something you enjoy.
Pros
Free hot drinks
Cons
Mundane
Fun, safe, freindly place to work. It had a great family vibe to be there
Server/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB13 November 2018
Robin's Donuts was a great place to work. It was a good safe and friendly place to work. The management was great. Co-workers were easy to get along with. Overall it was an amazing experience.
Pros
Great people, flexible hours, good management
Cons
No cons
Never again
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Charlottetown, PE13 November 2018
Started out fine, throws you into the thick of things day one and managers had weird quirk of wanting all bills head/face up. Weird first impression, but nothing bad yet. Manager wound up going on sick leave not long after leaving me to open the store a lot until we got a temp manager. Nothing bad until a co-worker quit during a busy week leaving us short staffed until she came back. Annoying, but still not the worst.

One day the manager decided to schedule me for a closing shift. I told her that I wasn't trained for closing yet. She was convinced that I was but then scheduled me for a training shift a few days before I left on a one week vacation with my family. The time between my training shift and first solo shift was about two weeks. The next time I worked morning with her she snapped at me asking what the eff happened when I closed. Mind you, I only had one training shift before leaving the province on VACATION. Bad idea if you ask me.

The employee offered the manager to train with me some more as she knew I wasn't ready to close by myself yet but the manager told her that it she(the trainer) would have to pay for it. The result was many stressful closes, worrying about missing anything, minor or not, and getting out by 7:30 (they stopped paying people at 7:15). If I stayed past 7:30 I'd get scorn for working late. If I got out before then I'd return to a list of every little thing I've missed.

Plus the manager had no faith in me succeeding in my desired career path which just added salt to the wounds.

The last straw was being told that I was not allowed to
  more... go on a trip that I had booked off a month and a half in advance and told that I had to fill out a time-off request which I was never told about in the first place and was originally told that notifying them of time-off was enough.

Might just be the location I worked for but it was a mess and I found another job that treated it's employees like human beings.
Pros
Tips, location
Cons
Micro-managing, overly busy, improper training
Fun company
Manager (Former Employee) –  Charlottetown, PE18 October 2018
I had a good time working for this company and would probably still be employed there had I not relocated to another province. Great team member, friendly management and co-workers.
Manager, Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Stratford, PE20 September 2018
I enjoy working with customers and with the other members of my team.
As a manager I was in charge of scheduling, ordering, customer relations, and looking after my staff. Over all my experience as far as in store was wonderful.
Pros
Working with a great staff and meeting new people as well as having our regulars
Cons
Can be a stressful job as I was the only one to make all the decisions and in charge of everything
No advancement
Customer Service Agent ( Part-time) (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK6 September 2018
Working here is tough, employer was taking advantage of you and he embarrassed you in front of people. But it was a good experience though. I learned to be patience and understanding.
Customer service was very important.
Counter Service Staff (Former Employee) –  Courtenay, BC25 August 2018
Customer service was key at this company. Cleanliness of the store was emphasized as well. Repeat customers were a testament to the standards that were set out by our training management team.
Pros
Excellent free coffee and donuts.
Cons
N/a
good place to work
Counter Person / Waitress (Former Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ON27 July 2018
hardest part of the job would be the difficult customers and being on your feet all day, the most enjoyable would be getting to know the people in my community.
A day with them
Food Counter Attendant (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK27 May 2018
Every day is a fast faced which is good i enjoyed working here
I learn a lot from my mentor transparency is there professional owners nice and friendly place to work.
Pros
Half meal price for employee
Cons
No career advancement
poor service
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, NL9 May 2018
management at robins is very poor. service is slow and you never get what you order. You start full time and than get put on part time call in/ the coffee taste burnt
Very fun work place
Front Cashier (Former Employee) –  Whitbourne, NL9 May 2018
Robin's Donuts was a very friendly and fast paste environment. The workers were always so nice and friendly. There would always be jokes around each other and overall a good place to work. Very enjoyable
Pros
Free Lunches
Bad management
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ON6 May 2018
Manager would tend to take personal issues out on staff, failed to tell staff what there were doing wrong instead talked behind there back to other staff. You get to know the customers well a build caring relationships with them overall experience working there could have been better
Pros
Free food
Cons
Could not accommodate bus schedule
I really enjoyed working their
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Thompson, MB24 April 2018
Robins was delightful place to work.I really enjoyed meeting so many new people.The staff was great very helpful always had a minute to explain something I didn't understand.
Pros
Free lunch n drinks
Cons
Neededs a better till
Fun workplace
Baker/Clerk (Former Employee) –  Clarenville, NL16 April 2018
Working in the public sector is amazing, you get to talk to a variety of different people and enjoy your work throughout, definitely recommend this position as a starter job!