Robertson Electric Wholesale

Robertson Electric Wholesale Employee Reviews

Canada53 reviews

Poorly managed at specific branch

Although the rate of pay I believe to be sub-par, it was the lack of leadership at my Individual location that lead me to look at other avenues even if the pay was less that that of Robertson Electric.

Short staffed

No proper training for my position, a lot of drama and favouritism. If you ask for help, or clarification you are treated as a problem and a bother, but if you make the wrong choice on your own you are punished. NOT employee friendly - you don’t exist as a person, you only matter so far as you can get a job done. Have a family emergency? Have a health issue? Not their problem… sick at home, expect a call at 6 am to review what you won’t be doing that day.

Pros

RRSP contributions and good benefits

Cons

Management doesn’t hire staff when desperately needed. Making everything rushed, half finished, stressful and not a good work environment.

Insights into Robertson Electric Wholesale

Areas for improvement
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Energizing work tasks
  • Inclusive work environment

Professional and Positive work environment

Work environment is professional, positive, friendly and supportive. Seniors are encouraging and help you learn and enable you to perform to your fullest. Work culture is focused on balance between work and life.Safety is the highest priority and nobody cuts corners. Its a great company to start and grow in your career.

Pros

Growing company with focus on employee welfare

Cons

Restaurants are a Minimum 15 minute walk from the Vaughan locations

Amazing place to work!

Robertson Electric is an amazing working environment, very friendly and supportive staff! I would recommend everyone to work here if you are looking for a great place to learn and grow.

Pros

Store discount, Employee appreciation events, Flexible hours

Boring place to work, bad mangerment for the warehouse

Picking receiving shipping. To put labs on skids and back boxes. Put the skids and boxes on there proper location. The warehouse manger always watching. Mostly white and give black people the hardest tasks to do. I didn't enjoy the job. The warehouse manger only nice to her own people.

Pros

Free lunches once every couple of months the warehouse forepersons are the nicest people there

Cons

The warehouse manger is always discramation.

Not a good experience

I worked there for 3 years and it was a terrible experience, no organization, no structure, no guidance, when Covid-19 came I was let go via email instead of a phone call. The management micromanages everything and you can’t just do your job!

Cons

To many

I enjoyed working there

I enjoyed working at Roberson Wholesale electric. Wonderful people who work there. The employer was very generous with breaks and would generally ask us if we wanted more breaks.

very bad management and ownership

company is like any other typical electrical wholesaler in london but the management is nowhere to be found. ownership cares only about there profits and has no intention to treat employees with respect. I would advise people to not work for this company based on how I noticed management treated there staff. the branch manager has never done a team meeting or gone out of any sort of way to help any employee succeed in the branch.

Gossip galore

Terrible company to work for people stab you in the back constantly I worked so hard there stayed over time the was let go 1 day before my probation my boss did not like me she is very unprofessional and treats people Very bad ere are a few people there that have no idea what they are doing but it does not matter as there mothers friends with the owner stay away low pay and no job stability

A Great Stepping Stone

Fast paced, high volume sales environment allows for continuous learning in the electrical industry. A great entry level sales position. Room for growth and advancement within the company.

Management is Horrible !

Dock Supervisors disrespect you all day long stay AWAY it's a Poison environment . YOU WILL NEVER EXPERIENCE SUCH HORRIBLE WORK SETTING. Good Luck NEW recruits

Don't waste your time

The big boss is a smart man but the people working underneath him make the company a bad place to work at. There is obvious favouritism throughout the company, which makes it hard to be inspired to go to work. They way underpay all their employees and play it off with "Well, Robertson isn't the company you go to make money" One of the worst parts of Robertson is the HR director is buddy buddy with all the other awful people in the company so you don't even feel comfortable to go to her with any problems because you know that she's friends with them and nothing is going to happen. There is a lot of gossip but it's easy to avoid. This company is really what you make of it going in and depending who you have to work with, it could be a great place to work, but I wouldn't waste your time.

A Joke

Your daily routine is to grab order sheets and pick the orders while keeping in mind how skids should be built. For example heavy items on the bottom and build up towards lighter products. That should be your daily duty. However what actually happens is you start your job and then Manager A says to do something, Manager B comes along and wants you to do something else, Manager C finds you and asks you about your job and why you aren't doing it. You explain yourself saying another manager needed some help. You finish your day and your job to come back tomorrow to find out that you have been complained about for assisting other mangers and then fired for talking back (defending yourself). Pass on this company you can find other similar jobs that start at 18$/hr instead of the 15$ here.

Unqualified manager

The current warehouse manager is unqualified to be in the position. The amounts of obvious favoritism she hands out to her friends does not make you feel like working hard and trying to grow with the company. It just shows you upfront that no matter how hard you work, no matter how much product knowledge, no matter how much extra you put into this place; it will all amount to nothing unless the warehouse manager likes you.

Pros

hour lunch

Cons

0.50c wage increases every year

Fast growing company

I have been with Robertson for over 2 years and I have seen this company changed dramatically during my time. The company has invested in technology, new locations and more importantly people. The company has hired new leaders to help transform the culture and make working at Robertson a great experience. I love company into the office everyday and I appreciate what the leadership of the company is trying to accomplish in an extremely fast paced environment. If you are self starter and like being challenged to make a difference, then this the place for you.

Pros

Management, fast paced, expansion and opportunities

Cons

Organized warehouse facility w/ promotion opportunities

Consistent work. Calm & relaxing environment. Learned about electrical products & their warehouse locations. An hour lunch was the most enjoyable part.

Pros

Hour lunch

Great place to work and grow

This company is growing like crazy!! There are lots of opportunities to try new jobs and learn from others. Company rewards loyalty and hard work. Best perk is that the company is open to hearing and trying new initiatives. Great management and HR support.

Pros

Benefits plan, opportunities to grow and try new initiatives

Joke of a company

When you train someone on a forklift you expect them to do one thing before anything else and that would be do not hit the rack. The only people they have driving the machines do just that. Constantly hit the rack. They even have a guy who is a veteran of an employee and he has hit the racks 10+ times. He gets away with it too because he doesn't report it and intimidates anyone who mentions it. If you must work here be prepared to throw all rules and common sense out the window.

Pros

free food

Cons

Lawless wasteland

Unqualified Managers everywhere

While working at Robertson it becomes very clear very fast that this is the type of company that promotes people who are friends and family of current managers. No matter how hard you work or how much you learn you ultimately mean nothing to the company compared to family members or friends of current management. This company desperately needs a management overhaul.

Pros

Bbq's

Cons

great people and some after hours fun team building events

great place to work. Great people. Mutual respect among employees and many employees with long tenure at Robertson Electric. Comprehensive benefits package and deferred profit sharing plan. Management has initiated different fun group team building outings enjoyed by everyone that attends. .

Pros

Good Compensation, Good People, Good Teamwork

Corrupt

This is the kind of company that you need to get out of once you are in very quickly. Otherwise you get used to never having to follow any rules or guidelines and end up failing anywhere else. Some workers even call it the Robertson way which is a total lack of respect for anyone or anything including supervisors and managers.

Pros

free food

Cons

No discipline

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Robertson Electric Wholesale. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.5 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement