Robertson College Employee Reviews

Amazing work place with a friendly and productive environment.
Temporary Administrative Assistant/IT Technician (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB30 August 2018
I worked at the Calgary location of Robertson for a very short period; however, the staff was so welcoming that I look forward to being a permanent employee with them someday. They are all amazing people, who are not only dedicated, but have created a friendly atmosphere for anyone to be a part of.
Summary
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB29 August 2018
I worked part time evenings, answer phones, create documents etc as requested by management, teachers and students. Great work environment and very friendly staff.
Management makes or breaks it
Student Services Coordination (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB23 June 2018
While under the old management, the department I was in was great. Once new management came in, they started to treat you like you were just a number and were only interested in profits / turn over. They wanted you to work on your own time, for free, and didn't want to reimburse you for long distance calls that they wanted you to make on your own time. While on leave, I decided I wanted to be treated with more respect and like I was more than just a number, so I decided to look elsewhere. The coworkers really made the job bearable but the management (at the time any way) was doing a poor job in my opinion.
Pros
The coworkers are what make it fun
Cons
The management treated you like just a number
Fun learning environment
Student College Career Consultant (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB30 May 2018
You earn what you put in. Your weapons of sales are your cell phone and laptop. The most enjoyable part of the jobs is learning youre really making a difference in students lives
Overall a satisfying job
IT faculty head\Senior Computer Instructor (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB15 April 2018
For the past 7 years I have had the privilege of assisting students gain valuable skills while they are preparing to enter a new career path in order to better their lives.
I enjoy seeing the positive effects my teaching has on them as well as ease their fears about returning back to a classroom environment.
However, I feel that now is the time to share my teaching skills with other groups as I have been at Robertson for over 7 years and would like a new challenge in my life.
A very productive and nice place to work with
Medical Laboratory Assistant Instructor (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB23 March 2018
Starts the class greeted by smiling face from the students excited to learn new things everyday.
You can see different faces from different culture & meet new people
The hardest part of the job is to be able to hear from some students the that their facing some struggles and difficulties in life which is affecting their academic performance.
The most enjoyable part of the job is a feedback from students that they really appreciate the knowledge I have imparted to them at the end of the day.
N/a
Admission Advisor (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB11 March 2018
N/a

Whether you are just starting your career, looking for a career change or want to upgrade your skills to broaden your career options, Robertson College can get you on the right track to a brighter future.

Our programs are designed to be dynamic and career-focused, with curriculum that is reflective of the needs of industry and businesses. With rolling program start dates throughout the year for most of our programs, you will be able to start learning whenever you are ready.

When you have completed your program, our career services and Employment Specialists are available to help you with your job search as well as your transition into the workforce.
Teach computers to adult learners who are aspiring to become health care workers.
Adult Education Instructor (adjunct) (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB17 February 2018
Being a college teacher is everything you envision it to be. There really is no "hardest part of the job." The most enjoyable is helping and watching individuals go after their dreams.
I was a student.
Health Care Aide Student (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB12 February 2018
I was a student in the Health Care Aide Program. I found the course to be extremely hands on and detail oriented, the teachers were knowledgeable and eager to assist. Encouraged a team environment and were accessible for additional support when needed.
Good learning atmosphere
Instructor (Current Employee) –  Portage la Prairie, MB19 January 2018
Fast paced environment, inventing new ways to teach material as all students learn differently. I enjoy helping students achieve their goals and making their career dreams come true.
Great management
Instructor (Current Employee) –  Calg2 November 2017
Great and flexible work environment with understanding staff and students. Environment is encouraging and supporting of everyone. Environment is optimized.
short time with this company
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB15 August 2017
Working reception at the front desk. I was answering multiple calls at a time redirecting calls to the student recruiters, Being a friendly face that people and students saw when they came into the door. I was who they came to to answer questions and make them feel comfortable. Very multi cultural school with many wonderful students. I liked getting to know the students and the hours I worked. The hardest part was it was very unorganized at the time of my employment due to many many changes in management and staff.
Pros
great hours and the diverse cultures of the school
Cons
All the changes happening in the school made it hard to do my job properly
Great and Supportive work environment
Instructor - Health Care Aide Program (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB14 May 2017
One of the best jobs I have had. I love working with the students who are offered an excellent education and practical experience. My supervisors are very supportive and my coworkers are always there to provide me answers to my questions. We learn from each other. ;0
Pros
awesome coworkers
Fun Atmosphere
Student (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB27 February 2017
Post Secondary institute, currently a Full time student taking Business Administration Management course, my goal is to secure a full time job after I finish my course
Pros
Short Class
Cons
Condensed course outline
Really Happy to be working at Robertson College
Online Instructor (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB28 June 2016
Although I am an instructor, I learn new skills every day at Robertson College. All the courses taught at Robertson College prepares you very well to land a job
Pros
Flexible Hours
Supportive Management, Excellent work-life balance
Instructor (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB20 June 2016
Great place to work; supportive instructor teams both in Business and Health; fantastic management with excellent resources; every day is a learning experience. The most enjoyable part of the job is making a difference in someone's life and watching and celebrating their successes with them. The hardest part of the job is removing traces of junior/high school mentality that some students resort to in the classroom.
Pros
Staff, Management, Support
Cons
Private Corporation with a bottom line that can sometimes appear to take priority.
Working with Robertson
College Instructor (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB17 June 2016
LOVE IT! There is nothing bad at all to say about this high class establishment. Great people and wonderful students! Hours are amazing, compensation is great, co-workers are helpful and fantastic. Nothing hard at all! Its very enjoyable
Great school
Student (Former Employee) –  School18 April 2016
I enjoyed my time and my studies at Robertson College. I found
the school to be professional and well done.
The classroom instruction was detailed and easy to understand.
Clinical Instructor (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB10 February 2016
Its a good place to work and has very good benefits.You gain a lot of good knowledge and skills while working with many people.
A positive environment
Health Care Aide Instructor (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB14 October 2015
Supportive and positive colleagues. Enjoyable to work with students who have come from various walks of life. Classes run from 8-1 so short days. Management is willing to work with your home life to try and provide balance. No real job security, no benefits, sick or holiday pay. Casual positions.