Robert Half

Working at Robert Half: Latest Robert Half Reviews

Canada369 reviews

Found 369 reviews matching the searchSee all 12,889 reviews
halfplacementaccountempstemprecruiteragencypermanentcontract

Great company to learn the ropes but not for long term

If you want to learn the ropes of recruitment and eventually move to a Talent Acquisition position, this is a great place to start. You will definitely learn a lot. The bonus structure is also pretty good. You can make a lot of money if you put a lot of hours. Benefits are good too.However, the environment is very toxic. Most people leave within a year or two. And the ones that stay for a longer period time eventually gets angry and bitter or go on sick leave. There's also a lot of micromanagement.

Pros

Great benefits and bonus structure, Flexibility to work from home

Cons

Stressful and toxic environment, lots of pressure is put on employees, Micromanagement, harassment, base salary is very low compare to market

Environnement de travail sous pression

Objectifs de rendement difficilement atteignables. La vision de l’entreprise n’est pas d’investir dans les ressources à long terme, ils veulent les profits rapides, à tout prix. Un peu paradoxale avec la culture de l’entreprise en théorie. À l’interne, on parle beaucoup de l’humain avant la business, mais en pratique c’est exactement le contraire. De plus, le manque d’encadrement adéquat de la part des gestionnaires, rend la tâche difficile. Raison pourquoi, il y a beaucoup de roulement de personnel, mais cela est chose courante à l’interne et ne semble pas déranger ceux qui sont là depuis plus de temps. Il faut être fait pour ce type de culture d’entreprise. Personnellement, je suis trop humaine, pour laisser l’argent l’emporter sur mes actions!

Insights into Robert Half

What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Clear sense of purpose
Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Support from manager

Na

The job was challenging but rewarding overall would recommend To anyone looking for challenges. Okay he career development prospects are great so who is great.

Opened doors

The assignment that I was given opened doors for me and was enjoyable. I am grateful for that. I just wish RH management was more responsive and informative throughout the temp work assignment.

Not consistent with assignments

In my experience they promise a lot of work and there are not. I worked two temp jobs that were two weeks and when I completed them I never heard back from Robert Half until two months later wanting me to do another two week assignment. I need consistency and they are not consistent at all and they are not true to their word when they say there are a lot of assignments in the surrounding Edmonton, AB. I found a full-time position on my own and I love it! I give Robert Half a thumbs down. 👎

Pros

Nice, and kind staffs

Cons

Not consistent with work

Not too bad

Initially you’ll feel like a fly on the wall, but it isn’t too bad. The fees that the employer has to pay to take you on as an employee is huge so transitioning may be difficult.

Great learning

They offer amazing training sessions, if you are new to recruiting this is the perfect place to learn everything from A-Z. Very work based compensation. Work hard, play hard.

Entry Level Position

Good for entry level position. Too much politics, broken management structure. No one stays too long and even if you have been there a long time they don't hesitate to let you go and make an excuse..

Do not give away your talent to these "Trustful Agencies"

Their contract doesn't allow you to accept an offer from the company that you are working under their assignment unless you or the company pay a generous fee to find your talent. over 70% of annual compensation. or wait over six months to accept it.

Great people to to converse with and getting all the appropriate information.

Job placement is easy and readily available for my needs. Excellent and professional people that make it an easy transition to job placements. A very good way to start a new career.

Not a good place

This place is terribleCan be “old school”, more diversity needed in executive leadership in US, more competitive compensation structureThe days can be long and hard. It does involve cold calling and that's not for everyone.

Learning

As a temp employee you can work at many companies and I enjoyed that because you are always leaning. Robert Half is pretty good at weeding out difficult companies, but once in awhile one gets through. Overall Robert Half has great people how do the placement, they know how to work within your skill level.

Horrible experience

Very careless people, worst experience of life. After applying, candidate need to beg for months to get a job. They verbally offered me a part time position but send me a contract to sign for a contract for 11 hours a week and gave me only 1 hour to sign contract. I got a feeling that I am dealing with a 3rd class salesman trying to oversell the product. The recruiters are egoist & very very bossy and don't really care that employee is actually not a product.

*Remote* great culture

100% Remote or Hybrid, autonomous, great support from leadership. Could be stressful as it's high sales/recruiting industry but it's the team, management support, and understanding that matters. , DEI initiatives, training program, personal and professional support. Moving forward, evolving in work-life balance, well-being, technology (best in the industry)

Pros

Free food, no micromanaging, great team building, recognition and appreciation

Cons

high volume sales, recruiting expectations, therefore possibly long working hours, availability, and stress, but pays off if you have the drive and determination.

great place to work

Find you an office quickly depends on needs. Great option for trying to get your foot in the door for admin/HR work. Staffing agents are super friendly.

Pros

No interviews

Cons

Moving around

You can have flex days

Good company to work for contractually and you get paid for what you do. There are flex days available and you can plan a vacation once you reach the required level of seniority.

Pros

Pot luck parties

Cons

Only contractual jobs nothing permanent

Brutal culture

If you like to sewer your colleagues, you’ll do well. If you value collaboration, stay away. Leadership will preach teamwork but immediately reward the opposite behaviour. No work life balance at all either. Overall poor, poor experience across the board.

Be very careful

The commissions for this firm are ridiculous so don't be surprised if your supposed 'temp to permanent contact' doesn't materialize. They do not filter out toxic clients and you will never get placed or presented to opportunities seeming as good as the one you see on-line. Consider the questions about what you are looking for to be taken with a grain of salt. Notorious for not responding to any unsolicited inquiries once they have made initial contact. There are better headhunters out there in spite of their name recognition.

Pros

Name recognition

Cons

Cutthroat agents

I love this company! If this assignment could last, I would never want to leave.

I love working for this company, I am sad though that it is a short term contract. The management work with you to ensure you can be the best employee.

Pros

Great people to work for and with.

Cons

If you want to be treated like a piece of meat.

An absolutely awful agency. You'd think an agency would go to bat for you and find a job that fits you and the potential employer. Well, you're wrong..... they treat their candidate pool like shopping at the supermarket. Unless they deem you the best cut of meat that they can take to the employer's BBQ you don't stand a chance. You may have the greatest experience, the greatest knowledge, great references, but if you have a small blemish you won't even be touched with a 10ft pool.

I fit in very well as an employee of Robert Half. I worked at Robert Half head office in Calgary, AB.

A great place to work. I really felt like I was able to add value to The Team. I advanced within the office. I was never bored and always was ready to lend a hand to everyone.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Robert Half. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.1 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement