Robert Half Employee Reviews

Found 167 reviews matching the search See all 7,122 reviews
Very dependent on your manager
Recruiting Manager (Current Employee) –  North York, ON15 January 2019
The job is very dependent on your manager. Lots of rules that are not enforced; only enforced on employees that do not conform to their rules. The “division directors” do the same role as recruiting managers but get access to all warm leads.
Pros
Decent place to work
Cons
Unfair rules, inequality, clients get shafted to generate profit
Big brand, big company, very small sight on the market
Directeur de l'embauche (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC16 December 2018
High turnover, horrible management. Very keen on KPIs without ever actually needing to understand what they mean.
Pros
You can get the hell out of there easily
Cons
"Doing bonus" is a scam
Excellent for short term and temporary assignments
Reception and Office Administration (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON4 December 2018
Enjoyed taking on receptionist roles on assignment. It allowed me to learn established procedures in managing reception, provided the exposure to various industries and workplace cultures.

A typical day included greeting appointments, answering, screening and directing all incoming calls; managing incoming and outgoing daily mail; managing daily courier pick-ups and deliveries. In addition to copying, faxing, and filing, other office administrative duties were required to support work overflow.
Love my team
Lead Administrator (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON25 November 2018
I am currently working at Roberthalf, and the team I work with is amazing. The only downfall is the pay for a position such as mines. I love working here, but I need more of a challenge, and an increase in pay for all that I do. I do so much for such little pay.
Pros
great work environment
Cons
pay is too low
Worked Temp jobs for them
Receptionist/Administrative (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON20 November 2018
Kept me busy for a year. Great people to work for. Recognized my efforts and sent me out on a lot of positions. They are my go to if I ever want to work temp.
Great Employer
Health and Safety Administrator (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB25 September 2018
Very nice to work for. Kind and considerate management.
My contact with Robert Half is very nice and is proactive in finding a good placement for me.
environnement productif et agréable
Assistant nouveau système ERP (Former Employee) –  Québec City, QC24 September 2018
bonne collaboration et un esprit d'équipe
Les mandats et poste étaient adaptés
productive
Java Developer (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC28 August 2018
I work at the client, so I can't tell how is the environment at Robert Half. That being said, they always answer fast when I need them, and I always try their best to give me a solution for any problems I have.
Professional corporate environment
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC15 August 2018
Robert Half is a wonder company and I'm happy to be affiliated with them.the staff are very encouraging and always supportive when helping me find work.
Very professon related experts
Payroll Specialist (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB15 August 2018
Robert Half has always been in my court. I have obtained more than 10 temporary contracts with this organization and 1 permanent placement. I would highly recommend their services to anyone.
Training Methods
Accounting and Finance Staffing Manager (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON10 August 2018
The training in this place is crazy. 13 week program with cold, warm and hot calling. Targets set to be expected to be met at close to the 100% mark.
Management is not very helpful and make it hard to ask questions. Because this job requires you to go out and meet with potential clients, it could be hard to find your manager at times.
The training is progressive and amps up as the weeks go on but does not seem like any current employees make nearly as many calls as the trainees do.
Great culture and seems relaxed once you get passed the training.
Good benefits and work life balance.
Either micro managed or no help. People who are new to this might find themselves doubting there capabilities.
Have never been told great work once. Only spoken to when things go wrong. You have to have thick skin to last.
Pros
Great culture and benefits. Great work life balance.
Cons
Training is long
You are never sure how long you may be working
Office Administrator/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC18 July 2018
the positions I was assigned to were both well below my qualifications but I took them to be employed.
Both ended much sooner than I expeted them to.
One because they ran out of work, the other because the person came back from sick leave faster than expected.
Pros
working again
Cons
temp jobs not guaranteed in length
Regualr temp work
Administration / Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON12 July 2018
What can i say about a temp agency except this agency is one of the top notch and fun to work with. pay is very good and the work is always there to do.
Hard place to work with
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB4 July 2018
As a younger person I had a very hard time dealing with office team, they were very excited when i first started which looked like a good sign but after my first placement as a temp was up they stopped calling for positions. It has been months since i have heard anything from them and i don't plan to anytime soon.
Pros
Experience
Cons
Temporary
Fun place to work
Staffing Manager (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON21 June 2018
Fun place to work and high energy atmosphere. High sales targets to meet and takes time to create a viable book of business. Great network of colleagues to draw support from.
Worked well for me to travel
Administrative Support (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 May 2018
The companies I was sent to were pleasant and professional. they treated me very well.

I used Robert Half's services to allow me to travel in 2017. Although the pay scale was lower than agreed upon it allowed me to earn a paycheque while also enjoying a year of leisure.
Good company to work!
Commis comptable (Former Employee) –  Averna3 May 2018
I liked very much my time in Robert Half. Faster way to start and get a good job.
not a good place
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB28 April 2018
I got a contract to work for MJ Roofing and was told this position will go permanent which didn't and had to scramble to find another job bills to pay
Cons
not permanent
Reliable and easy
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Ottawa30 March 2018
Throughout school I needed additional work but nothing full time. This was a great fit for me at the time, I was called all the time to cover positions and enjoyed every project.
nice office, fast paced competitive environment
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB21 March 2018
At the time I worked 11am to 3pm and took the bus downtown. Was part time but took full time to get there and home again. Just did not work for me. Some room for advancement. Interesting people.
Pros
See lots of jobs.
Cons
odd hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Robert Half. Our community is ready to answer.

52.9K