Riviera Finance Employee Reviews

No advacement opportunity
Account Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, NJ28 October 2018
I worked for Riviera Finance only 4 months. It was a temp to permanent job. There was not room for advancement.
A typical day was to help the account executive with the portfolio.
& assisted clients with their accounts and provided 24 hours funding for their business, daily duties included verifications & collection calls.
I enjoyed my coworkers but I didn't like management.
Pros
Free lunches
One Big Family
Manager (Current Employee) –  Mercerville, NJ10 August 2018
I have worked at Riviera Finance for over 20 years and have known many of my co-workers for that long. Our environment can be very, very busy so if your lazy and don't want to be busy don't apply. But if you want to work hard, be appreciated and get some great perks and benefits this is the place for you! Great benefits, great time off policy, a collaborative environment, great training and the company offers cross training in areas you are interested in! People are easy to work with even the Executives!!! They value their staff!
Pros
Great environment, benefits, people!!!!
Cons
Busy days! Don't apply if your lazy!
Account Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TX9 August 2018
My position here started almost 2 years ago as a receptionist and within 8 months i was promoted to Account Executive Assistant. I love the hours and the paid time off we are given. My co workers are great, they are very helpful and easy to work with. Our Operations managers as well as our office manager takes time from their busy schedule to see how we are doing and ready to assist with whatever questions we have.

I don't agree with the below comment from an ex El Paso worker. We are given many opportunities to grow at this company and we're given all the tools needed to succeed. I believe Riviera Finance is a great company to work for and to do business with. I see my forever home here.
By far the best place to work
Account Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TX9 August 2018
I really enjoy working for Riviera Finance. I have been employed here for 3 and a half years and this job has definitely changed my life in many positive ways and made me grow professionally. Not only is the environment great but the people, including management, are amazing which is a huge plus. Definitely recommend this company as a career choice, you will not regret it!
A great company to build your career with
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Mercerville, NJ9 August 2018
Riviera Finance hired me in an entry level position & in just a couple of years I was promoted. Riviera has given me the training & confidence to grow within the company. My hard work & willingness to learn did not go unnoticed. At Riviera hard work does pay off not only by giving you the room for growth but, the room for additional earnings. Each month we have the potential to earn incentives (bonuses) based on how well we produce. We do offer our client's 24 hour funding as well as same day funding which makes this a very fast paced work environment. This is not the place for someone who is lazy or does not want to work. I assure you the days go by quickly and you will not be bored.
Pros
room for growth in position, additional earnings/ incentives are available each month.
Cons
fast paced work environment if you are lazy this is not the place for you.
Good work life balance and livelihood
Executive (Current Employee) –  Chicago, IL8 August 2018
What is most evident about working at Riviera Finance is the length of tenure that most employees have with the company. In many instances, the average tenure in each office is probably about 15-20 years. This suggests that most employees like working for the company despite some of the negative comments. In fact, I have seen several employee leave Riviera for other jobs only to return to Riviera. They found out the grass was not necessarily greener.
Pros
37.5 hour work week. Generous time off policy
Cons
The environment is fast paced so if you don't like to work this is probably not the place for you.
Excellent company to build a career in invoice factoring
Business Development Manager (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TX12 July 2018
Riviera Finance took a risk hiring me, as I am only in my early 20s. Since starting I have had nothing but affirmative support from the staff I work with. The operations managers have always been cheerfully willing to offer advice and help me work through problems; and my own manager, at the most, gently pushes me in the right direction if I am not approaching something correctly.

From a sales standpoint, Riviera is a gold mine. The earnings can be lucrative. There IS leadflow, but one must be diligent in following up with leads and closing the deal. It's not all gravy as it is a sales position.

The benefits are fantastic. I am married and am only paying a few hundred dollars per month to fully cover myself and my wife with insurance. It is also a self insured plan so if you have issues, HR can assist directly.

I would also like to address a bad review...unfortunately, when someone underperforms in a sales position they cannot remain. When such employees are let go they have a tendancy to point fingers quickly at everyone but themselves. The negative review from the other BDM was simply false and not worth pondering.

This is a great company to work for and I would highly suggest giving it a chance.
A hostile company to work for.
Business Development Manager (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TX18 June 2018
They hire reps to build a pipeline and then fire them in order not to pay commissions. Don't waste your time. There's a reason why this job is continually posted.
Very challenging
Administrative Department/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Irving, TX29 August 2017
The staff was very rude and tough to deal with. The management did their best to make the most positive changes in the workplace. It was hard to make the best decisions in the workplace jnser pressure. There was a lot of favoritism.
fast past
Santa Clara- Asst. Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CA17 August 2017
Data entry, collection calls, fund client against collateral. Post payments and research discrepancies. Verified invoices, set up Notices of payments.
Very Much a clique type environment
Assistant Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Houston, TX28 June 2017
It was very much a clique type environment as most of the staff was related to each other. I kept to myself, did my job, and helped my clients. Everyone was friendly
Pros
they provided groceries for in the office
boring
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Irving, TX16 April 2017
bill collecting blows. Nothing speacial about the job at all its a desk job. Just my opinion not worth it at all very boring and repetitive doing the same thing every day
Cons
A lot of great perks to working for this company
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GA10 October 2015
I enjoyed my time with Riviera. The company had a lot of perks while I was working there and everyone seemed to get along great. it was like one big family away from home.
Pros
monthly massages/ lunches/ get togethers
Cons
i dont really have any cons
Up's and Down's
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Mercerville, NJ17 July 2015
The job has its up's and down's from management to co-workers to the actual job being performed. It can be a laid back place to work at times. They provide lunch a lot and depending on the day seem to care about their employees. On other days the office can be stressful and will make you question why you work there. While there is not much room for growth, learning skills for other job opportunities can be made while working for the company. Working here is for people who do well with regular changes to policy as well as handles stress well.
Pros
Free lunch, free snacks, breaks, co-workers, purchase incentives
Cons
compensation for daily duties required
private corporation
Business Development Manager (Current Employee) –  el paso, texas21 April 2014
Privately held corporation. branches across the united states
Productive and fun place to work
Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OK15 November 2013
Overall my experience at Riviera Finance has been great. It is a small office with lots of energy and excellent staff.
Team Success!
Business Development Manager (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CA3 October 2013
The success of the team was accomplished by hard working individuals contributing to the team environment. Everyone had a good relationship with one another and did their jobs.
Having the pleasure of working at Riviera Finance was wonderful.
Account Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mercerville, NJ3 September 2012
It allowed me to learn something new each and every day. The co-workers were more like family smeone you just spent at least 8 hours of the day with them. Another great aspect of this company was that you didn't have to be scared to asked others about things you were unsure of. To me, that the best way to learn.

A hard part of the day was usually when dealing with an irrate client. They didn't always understand that its usually a 24 turn around of funding. They didn't like be told no, and most certaintly did not like to wait.

I must admit that the absolute favoriate part of my day was when we would just get to work and share our lives from the night before. It was just like coming from home, to another home.
Pros
sometimes there was no time for lunch. never had time to take a breather.
Cons
co-workers and clients

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Riviera Finance. Our community is ready to answer.