Riverwood Senior Living Employee Review

View all Riverwood Senior Living reviews

Best place I’ve ever worked
Administrative Assistant/Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Alliston, ON19 May 2019
I’ve had a lot of horrible jobs in my day as well as horrible management and staff that just don’t care but that’s is not the case here.
Everyone from Management to Staff do an amazing job. I actually look forward to going to work every day, not only because my coworkers make it an enjoyable environment but the residents are so awesome.
You can tell that they really do care about Riverwood and go above & beyond for the residents. You can tell because the residents are happy, for the most part...there’s always 1 or 2 that will never be happy no matter what you do. But the PSWs come to work every day with a smile on their faces and a determination to make the residents as happy & comfortable as they can. Management is adamant that the residents are treated with dignity & respect at all times and reinforce “this is their home, you are a guest here” which I think is amazing!

I’ve seen other 1star ratings and all I can say is “in my opinion”, yes you are expected to come to work for every shift and do your job, period. We have a “huge turnover” because the last sentence is not always adhered to, people call in sick, don’t show up, don’t do their job...so ya you’re going to get fired. This younger generation seems to think that just cuz they show up, they should get a smiley sticker. One of my responsibilities is to fill shifts, and I’m shocked at how many people don’t want to work but luckily I have a few that will take and want all the hours they can get.

So in summary, I’d just like to say...I am grateful for my job here and plan on sticking around for a LONG time!
Pros
Too many to name, cheap meals, good food, caring staff, etc
Cons
Can’t think of any

Other Riverwood Senior Living Employee Reviews

Horrible place to work
RPN (Former Employee) –  Alliston, ON18 July 2019
Working here was horrible. The residents were all lovely, but the management and most of the staff are horrible. It's a very close-knit place, since it is privately owned. Everyone writes each other up and it is extremely under staffed. Turnover rate was extremely high and most people wouldn't even show up for their shifts, leaving the nurse to call people in, and 80% of the time nobody would come in. Very high stress environment, not ideal for any nurse or psw if you cannot handle it. Staff meetings were always the same, which means no progress was ever made about the bullying that goes on.
Pros
Residents
Cons
Short staffed, long hours, bullying, harassment
Understaffed and Scarey
Administrative Support (Former Employee) –  Alliston, Ontario29 April 2019
This place is understaffed. The management fills rooms with anyone it can. The staff are undertrained and underpaid. The GM talks about the residents, their POA's and the staff, with disdain. Her disrespect carries into her senior staff. The turnover is high. If it weren't because of the residents, more people would leave.
Pros
Residents