Riverwood Senior Living Employee Reviews in Alliston, ON

Best place I’ve ever worked
Administrative Assistant/Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Alliston, ON19 May 2019
I’ve had a lot of horrible jobs in my day as well as horrible management and staff that just don’t care but that’s is not the case here.
Everyone from Management to Staff do an amazing job. I actually look forward to going to work every day, not only because my coworkers make it an enjoyable environment but the residents are so awesome.
You can tell that they really do care about Riverwood and go above & beyond for the residents. You can tell because the residents are happy, for the most part...there’s always 1 or 2 that will never be happy no matter what you do. But the PSWs come to work every day with a smile on their faces and a determination to make the residents as happy & comfortable as they can. Management is adamant that the residents are treated with dignity & respect at all times and reinforce “this is their home, you are a guest here” which I think is amazing!

I’ve seen other 1star ratings and all I can say is “in my opinion”, yes you are expected to come to work for every shift and do your job, period. We have a “huge turnover” because the last sentence is not always adhered to, people call in sick, don’t show up, don’t do their job...so ya you’re going to get fired. This younger generation seems to think that just cuz they show up, they should get a smiley sticker. One of my responsibilities is to fill shifts, and I’m shocked at how many people don’t want to work but luckily I have a few that will take and want all the hours they can get.

So in summary, I’d just like to say...I am grateful for my job here and plan on sticking around for a LONG time!
Pros
Too many to name, cheap meals, good food, caring staff, etc
Cons
Can’t think of any
Understaffed and Scarey
Administrative Support (Former Employee) –  Alliston, Ontario29 April 2019
This place is understaffed. The management fills rooms with anyone it can. The staff are undertrained and underpaid. The GM talks about the residents, their POA's and the staff, with disdain. Her disrespect carries into her senior staff. The turnover is high. If it weren't because of the residents, more people would leave.
Pros
Residents
Absolutely terrible working conditions
PSW (Former Employee) –  Alliston, ON23 February 2019
One of the worst places I've ever worked as support staff. They're vastly understaffed, you're overworked, poorly paid and management couldn't care less!
Pros
Lovely residents
Cons
Everything else
Understaffed, overworked, underpaid, horrible management
Personal Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Alliston, ON2 June 2016
This is the worst organization I have ever worked. The staff bust their butts to meet the demands and rarely get recognized for what they do. Understaffed all the time. Disrespectful management. Incompetence abounds.
Pros
Cons
Understaffed, underpaid, disrespectful workplace