Riverside Millwork Group

Riverside Millwork Group Management reviews

This company looks good on paper and in the interview, however they have zero loyalty to their employees and will find a way to fire you no matter how much you bend over backwards for them. They hire managers who cannot be trusted and only are there to appease the owners. All the owners care about is making more profit and opening new stores. Skilled people do work there but only advance when they suck up or know the owners personally.
Pros
Good work life balance
Cons
Don’t get paid for sick time.
Official response from Riverside Millwork Group
5 August 2020
Thank you for your feedback, we truly value hearing from our dedicated employees (past & present) and take all comments seriously. Our employees are our #1 most prized asset, irrespective of your personal opinion to which you are entitled, we regret to hear you don't feel the same however. As an organization we continually strive to enhance the employment experience for all our staff by welcoming open candid feedback so that if, and when necessary improvements can be made. We don't believe in status quo, nor perfection, rather the pursuit of relentless strides towards being the best we can be! As an organization we are only as good as the people in our employ. We realize that even if we do everything we can to treat employees well during their tenure with us, upon separation they let negative feelings impact their judgment and override otherwise positive memories/experiences prior. RMG has been and continues to be a great place to work for anyone that wants to be part of a dynamic, collaborative and amazing team!
Riverside has been truly a great organization to call home since day one. Even beforehand, during the interview process I felt the level of professionalism and dedication that the management/ownership team exemplifies and it is incredible. There was so much that attracted me to joining this company. We are a fun group of individuals that can laugh, share, learn and grow together personally and professionally. It's all very open-door policy and managers are always very welcoming of feedback from their teams. We work hard but certainly know how to enjoy our time which is important. Socially the company strives to foster teamwork through various organized social events/outings/functions throughout the year including summer family BBQs, fall Chili cook-offs, bowling night, candy-grams, Christmas luncheon etc. Collectively, the leadership team strives for excellence in all areas of operation and it really funnels down through the organization to all levels. We're not just family owned-operated - we feel like one big family!
Pros
Great work culture, flexible hours/work life balance, company sponsored meals/events, solid management team
Cons
none - can't think of any
Too much undo stress put on all workers. Work load per person too high. Sales staff have no clue what they're doing. Blatant favouritism is very prominent. Incompetence among management and middle management runs rampant. They love getting rid of good hard working reliable people with skills and replace them with ones who don't have any work skills or in general skills needed for the job. I would avoid this employer like the plague.
Pros
Pizza lunch
Cons
Overall very poorly managed and run company company.
I would avoid accepting any offer to work at Riverside. The company is very poorly run and often makes questionable decisions regarding staff, labour, and operations. Employees here are often overworked, underpaid, and certainly not appreciated despite management's claims otherwise. Morale in the warehouse is the worst/lowest I have ever seen. There is often more work than bodies, and it is expected that all the work gets done regardless. The drivers are overburdened and trucks overloaded on a regular basis. The schedule changes so frequently, unless you print a new one every hour, you will not have the correct information, which leads to issues in production where orders are added last minute, or need to be rushed, cancelled or moved. This can result in a stressful work environment, and often having to stay late or come in early. The company claims they are a family but unless you are actually apart of the family, or their inner circle, you are irrelevant to them. Just a body in the warehouse/office. As far as advancement within the company, do not count on it. You can work as hard as you possibly can, for as long as you possibly can, and you will be overlooked in favour of someone who was better at brown nosing than you. Tenure, merit, and work ethic mean nothing. Overall, management is terrible. Probably the worst part. I have three different people constantly micro managing. And nothing gets done. You can bring up concerns, especially safety concerns, and nothing will get done. I brought up a concern once, it was noted, and over a month later nothing had been done - more...
Pros
Friday Lunches
Cons
Long hours, low pay, terrible management, blatant favouritism, advancement unlikely, treated poorly
Management is so unfair. They treat you like garbage. They don’t listen to anything you have to say. The sales guys don’t know left from right! They can’t even get the addresses right on there bills. Show up on sites and things are never ready, they also do not care about the safety of their employees either. If it’s a sheet of ice out front of the house, they just tell you to make sure you get the trim and doors in the house
Pros
Pizza
Cons
Bad management and sales staff
This company boasts being among the best managed but it is just for show, a stamp only. Many customer complaints from damaged expensive material and missed deadlines resulting in lost customers. Promised advancement within the company which NEVER happens. Work/life balance is both extremes sometimes extremely long days and some are short due to the young owners, two greedy brothers cutting costs and doubling workloads on already hardworking underpaid employees. Save yourself the time and trouble unless you want to be a part of the constantly rotating new arrivals only to be dissapointed or let go without warning.
They like to point out that they are one of the 500 fastest-growing companies but that is not a good thing for them the Management can not handle it. I only spoke to my manager 4 times while I worked there.
Pros
vehicle
Cons
no management.
It's always exciting to be part of a company focused on growth. There are growing pains, as there are with any company in this position, but the management is dedicated to overcoming them and putting the equipment and processes in place to overcome it.
Pros
senior team is available and open to new ideas
Cons
more work than people sometimes, and evolving processes are sometimes hard to keep up with
driving truck all day to deliver products to site/customers. good to see different people everyday and different places. management is great to work for but some days gets so busy that everyone is workng overtime to get products done. to maintain smae production everyday as we are a busy company that needs to supply our customers needs,
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Riverside Millwork Group?