Riverside Millwork Group

Riverside Millwork Group Job security & advancement reviews

Fast paced company with reasonable salary and benefits. Communication and review process lacking almost entirely. Something of an “Ivory tower” setup that offers little guidance good or bad.
Pros
Decent remuneration
Cons
No guidance
I would avoid accepting any offer to work at Riverside. The company is very poorly run and often makes questionable decisions regarding staff, labour, and operations. Employees here are often overworked, underpaid, and certainly not appreciated despite management's claims otherwise. Morale in the warehouse is the worst/lowest I have ever seen. There is often more work than bodies, and it is expected that all the work gets done regardless. The drivers are overburdened and trucks overloaded on a regular basis. The schedule changes so frequently, unless you print a new one every hour, you will not have the correct information, which leads to issues in production where orders are added last minute, or need to be rushed, cancelled or moved. This can result in a stressful work environment, and often having to stay late or come in early. The company claims they are a family but unless you are actually apart of the family, or their inner circle, you are irrelevant to them. Just a body in the warehouse/office. As far as advancement within the company, do not count on it. You can work as hard as you possibly can, for as long as you possibly can, and you will be overlooked in favour of someone who was better at brown nosing than you. Tenure, merit, and work ethic mean nothing. Overall, management is terrible. Probably the worst part. I have three different people constantly micro managing. And nothing gets done. You can bring up concerns, especially safety concerns, and nothing will get done. I brought up a concern once, it was noted, and over a month later nothing had been done - more...
Pros
Friday Lunches
Cons
Long hours, low pay, terrible management, blatant favouritism, advancement unlikely, treated poorly
This company boasts being among the best managed but it is just for show, a stamp only. Many customer complaints from damaged expensive material and missed deadlines resulting in lost customers. Promised advancement within the company which NEVER happens. Work/life balance is both extremes sometimes extremely long days and some are short due to the young owners, two greedy brothers cutting costs and doubling workloads on already hardworking underpaid employees. Save yourself the time and trouble unless you want to be a part of the constantly rotating new arrivals only to be dissapointed or let go without warning.
They like to point out that they are one of the 500 fastest-growing companies but that is not a good thing for them the Management can not handle it. I only spoke to my manager 4 times while I worked there.
Pros
vehicle
Cons
no management.
I love working at Riverside. It is a fast paced environment that values collaboration and growth. They invest in their employees and do anything they can to ensure their satisfaction. The company is growing very quickly so there are always jobs posted and opportunities to move up. I always recommend Riverside when my friends are looking for a new job.
Worked there for a year really liked my job. then I was fired when I asked why I was told after w year of working for the company that I was being let go because I wasn't a good fit for the company. When I asked for a better reason that that the managers and HR people said they didn't know why. So 0 job Security. Plus the pizza parties they served the worst pizza
It's always exciting to be part of a company focused on growth. There are growing pains, as there are with any company in this position, but the management is dedicated to overcoming them and putting the equipment and processes in place to overcome it.
Pros
senior team is available and open to new ideas
Cons
more work than people sometimes, and evolving processes are sometimes hard to keep up with