Riverside Millwork Group

Riverside Millwork Group Employee Reviews in London, ON

Started as department lead....receiving 2 min training on my first day. Management did nothing to assist workers on the floor. Very unorganized with little to no direction. I would rethink about working here I found no loyalty to the employees. Was told my hours were 7 to 4:30 with very little overtime. Not true I had overtime every day riverside cared nothing about me or work life balance Beware applying here.
Pros
Cons
Very long hours.... no training
Fast paced company with reasonable salary and benefits. Communication and review process lacking almost entirely. Something of an “Ivory tower” setup that offers little guidance good or bad.
Pros
Decent remuneration
Cons
No guidance
Riverside has been a fantastic place to work over the ten plus years I have been with this organization. The company has provided me with a ton of professional growth. The owners of the company are there to lend a hand when things get tough, and they care tremendously about there employees, which show by the biweekly lunches to all staff and summer BBQs and beautiful Christmas parties. The manager and directors are some of the best leaders they are there to listen when you have something to say. I couldn’t imagine myself not working for This amazing company.
Pros
Great leadership, great work environment, bi weekly lunches
Cons
Too much undo stress put on all workers. Work load per person too high. Sales staff have no clue what they're doing. Blatant favouritism is very prominent. Incompetence among management and middle management runs rampant. They love getting rid of good hard working reliable people with skills and replace them with ones who don't have any work skills or in general skills needed for the job. I would avoid this employer like the plague.
Pros
Pizza lunch
Cons
Overall very poorly managed and run company company.
This company boasts being among the best managed but it is just for show, a stamp only. Many customer complaints from damaged expensive material and missed deadlines resulting in lost customers. Promised advancement within the company which NEVER happens. Work/life balance is both extremes sometimes extremely long days and some are short due to the young owners, two greedy brothers cutting costs and doubling workloads on already hardworking underpaid employees. Save yourself the time and trouble unless you want to be a part of the constantly rotating new arrivals only to be dissapointed or let go without warning.
I was hired as a driver, during the interview I was told my hours were 7am till 4pm with a overtime expected on occasion. But the days didn't seem consistent some days your done at 1pm then others your not back till 6 or 7pm. Their sales reps cant seem to get address right which causes drivers to waste time trying to find the correct houses. If your a single parent this isnt for you. The turn over rate for drivers is high due to this fact.
Pros
Driving is cool
Cons
Inconsistent hours, high turn over rate
Worked there for a year really liked my job. then I was fired when I asked why I was told after w year of working for the company that I was being let go because I wasn't a good fit for the company. When I asked for a better reason that that the managers and HR people said they didn't know why. So 0 job Security. Plus the pizza parties they served the worst pizza
It's always exciting to be part of a company focused on growth. There are growing pains, as there are with any company in this position, but the management is dedicated to overcoming them and putting the equipment and processes in place to overcome it.
Pros
senior team is available and open to new ideas
Cons
more work than people sometimes, and evolving processes are sometimes hard to keep up with