Riverside Millwork Group
Riverside Millwork Group Employee Review

Best Job Ever!

16 January 2020
I love working at Riverside. It is a fast paced environment that values collaboration and growth. They invest in their employees and do anything they can to ensure their satisfaction. The company is growing very quickly so there are always jobs posted and opportunities to move up. I always recommend Riverside when my friends are looking for a new job.
5.0Job security/advancement
11 August 2020
Confidential (Current Employee) - Waterloo, ON
Riverside has been truly a great organization to call home since day one. Even beforehand, during the interview process I felt the level of professionalism and dedication that the management/ownership team exemplifies and it is incredible. There was so much that attracted me to joining this company. We are a fun group of individuals that can laugh, share, learn and grow together personally and professionally. It's all very open-door policy and managers are always very welcoming of feedback from their teams. We work hard but certainly know how to enjoy our time which is important. Socially the company strives to foster teamwork through various organized social events/outings/functions throughout the year including summer family BBQs, fall Chili cook-offs, bowling night, candy-grams, Christmas luncheon etc. Collectively, the leadership team strives for excellence in all areas of operation and it really funnels down through the organization to all levels. We're not just family owned-operated - we feel like one big family!
Pros
Great work culture, flexible hours/work life balance, company sponsored meals/events, solid management team
Cons
none - can't think of any
31 July 2020
N/A (Former Employee) - Waterloo, ON
This company looks good on paper and in the interview, however they have zero loyalty to their employees and will find a way to fire you no matter how much you bend over backwards for them. They hire managers who cannot be trusted and only are there to appease the owners. All the owners care about is making more profit and opening new stores. Skilled people do work there but only advance when they suck up or know the owners personally.
Pros
Good work life balance
Cons
Don’t get paid for sick time.
Official response from Riverside Millwork Group
5 August 2020
Thank you for your feedback, we truly value hearing from our dedicated employees (past & present) and take all comments seriously. Our employees are our #1 most prized asset, irrespective of your personal opinion to which you are entitled, we regret to hear you don't feel the same however. As an organization we continually strive to enhance the employment experience for all our staff by welcoming open candid feedback so that if, and when necessary improvements can be made. We don't believe in status quo, nor perfection, rather the pursuit of relentless strides towards being the best we can be! As an organization we are only as good as the people in our employ. We realize that even if we do everything we can to treat employees well during their tenure with us, upon separation they let negative feelings impact their judgment and override otherwise positive memories/experiences prior. RMG has been and continues to be a great place to work for anyone that wants to be part of a dynamic, collaborative and amazing team!
10 July 2020
Various Positions (Former Employee) - Waterloo, ON
I would avoid accepting any offer to work at Riverside. The company is very poorly run and often makes questionable decisions regarding staff, labour, and operations. Employees here are often overworked, underpaid, and certainly not appreciated despite management's claims otherwise. Morale in the warehouse is the worst/lowest I have ever seen. There is often more work than bodies, and it is expected that all the work gets done regardless. The drivers are overburdened and trucks overloaded on a regular basis. The schedule changes so frequently, unless you print a new one every hour, you will not have the correct information, which leads to issues in production where orders are added last minute, or need to be rushed, cancelled or moved. This can result in a stressful work environment, and often having to stay late or come in early. The company claims they are a family but unless you are actually apart of the family, or their inner circle, you are irrelevant to them. Just a body in the warehouse/office. As far as advancement within the company, do not count on it. You can work as hard as you possibly can, for as long as you possibly can, and you will be overlooked in favour of someone who was better at brown nosing than you. Tenure, merit, and work ethic mean nothing. Overall, management is terrible. Probably the worst part. I have three different people constantly micro managing. And nothing gets done. You can bring up concerns, especially safety concerns, and nothing will get done. I brought up a concern once, it was noted, and over a month later nothing had been done - more...
Pros
Friday Lunches
Cons
Long hours, low pay, terrible management, blatant favouritism, advancement unlikely, treated poorly