Riverside Brass

Riverside Brass Employee Reviews

I would probably still be there but tired of the drive. My Co-workers were great. The union was weak but maybe just needed experienced leadership. Bosses seemed pretty fair. Some jobs are dirty and some are very hot.
Its not A company that i would tell anyone to work for because they look down on people with mental heath and do not treat people well unless you are dumb and don't know anything and the union so not for the worker at all its a joke all together they get rid of a shift all together the supervisor trick you into signing contract without letting you read it and tell you verbally something completely different to trick you into signing the contract then and 3 days later in the middle of your shift your told to leave when you have not do nothing wrong and worked hard and is never late for your shift so beware of riverside brass
I actually had a great experience working here. I was shown nothing but respect - not only from my co-workers but from the managers as well. Human Resources was great to deal with. Overall, I totally recommend this place if you're looking for great pay & benefits as well as a great work environment.
I worked at Riverside last year during summer and I have a great experience with my co-workers and supervisors. They gave me an opportunity even though I did not have enough experience.
Pros
Easy job - sort table
Great team to work for, with inspiring and understanding management. Competitive pay and with a very good work/life balance. Would highly recommend this company to friends and family.
If you want reasonable pay and are not looking to work very hard then apply to be a floater 1, if you are up for working hard and getting decent money (probably not enough for aches and pains of the job) then apply to be a melt deck operator. Some people put the work in and some don't. This is a union environment, some workers rely on this protection to get away with the minimum unfortunately. Seniority is important but some seem to think they deserve tenure. Riverside Brass has an "us against them feeling" when it comes to management, this is highlighted during every union negotiation period when the management will try to downplay the importance of our jobs. Another more recent example of management showing their superiority would be the fact that during the Christmas party (that is for "all your hard work") management table where first to the food and others where left to get the scraps at the end. If you don't have to drive a tow motor then don't you will get written up for minor scratches. Long story short i would recommend working here, don't expect hugs and kisses and nice easy jobs. This is a foundry, the work is hot and hard (most of the time)
co workers are amazing. Management was difficult to read. work place was very hot in summer months. lots of over time if wanted. over all i enjoyed my time there
This company treats their employees like garbage . They have a Hart time finding ppl due to the lack of respect they show people . If you don't believe me get a job there you will soon finds out for yourself
Pros
You get paid
Cons
This company doesn’t care about their employees . They treat the employees like garbage no respect at all. The employees working on the floor are excellent to work with but don’t expect anything from the company.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Riverside Brass?
Management is easy to approach. Wages are good and the benefits are great. The working hours are great since you only work an 8 hour shift and have a paid lunch.
Pros
great hours, paid lunches
Cons
Mandatory employees meetings once a month, dirty
Working at Riverside Brass has been an amazing experience. Great team and culture... lots of new things to learn each and everyday. I highly recommend this company.
Pros
Great management & culture
Cons
Management does not treat their employees with respect. Low production numbers are held against you when equipment failures force you to stop. Monthly meetings inform you of the increasing amount of customers cancelling orders. Lay offs are constant.
Pros
Interesting job
Cons
Job security always in question. Management questionable.
Not a terrible place to work, nor a good one. Very dirty work place. Workers are decent, management is decent. It's Unionized and union reps are awful to deal with. HR department is ok. Poison warning signs all around the plant for inhalation hazards, and annual blood tests to check for lead. Not worth the money to put your health on the line.
Pros
Jobs, co-workers, hours, feedback
Cons
Union, Dirty, poison, location
If you are in maintenance stay clear of this place. Its not worth it. Very dirty. Old machines that break down constantly. Company doesnt have money to upgrade. Very demanding and unfair place to work.
Pros
Cant think of any.
Cons
To many to list
was a very dirty place with lots of lead. pay is okay, people are great, shaker table was fun, managers were good at the time. overtime is there, you get mandated to work it.
Unionized work environment Easy to hard labour jobs Lots of training and benefits including pension plan HR is friendly and helpful knowledgeable about the Collective Agreement as well as all policies and law She is easy to talk to
A typical day at work would be showing up at 6:40 and starting at 7 am.You would go to your station and for me it was a sort table so I would stand up and sort sprinklers for 8 hours and getting 2 10 minute breaks at 9:30 am and 2:30 pm and a 30 minute lunch at 12 pm.
Pros
Easy
Cons
Repetitive