Riverdale Poultry logo

Riverdale Poultry Employee Reviews

Work-life balance

Great company to Grow with

Featured review

Riverdale Poultry selected this as a representative review
I've learned many skills during my time at Riverdale. I started as a driver and moved into a Foreman role. The company has provided me with training and support throughout my 12 year career with Riverdale.High income potential is there for those that like to work hard and continue to grow.

Pros

There is always work available - always potential for high earning

Productive fast paced.

Very energetic place . I just had a little trouble while catching. So i got in trouble but that comes with the job. Be honest and you wiĺl do fine. There is no rush and no prize for being first out the door so keep a smart cap on.

Management Team

This was a great place to work when I first started, then new owners wanted to boost the office employees, which in turn sense the end of most bonuses for drivers and a big decrease in pay, once you could easily gross 80,000 a year. Lucky if you will get 50,000 a year now. Office crowd acts like they know the trucking industry, they barely know how to tie their shoes. Huge turn over rate. Would NOT recommend anyone to work here.

Best local company

Verified Employee

Good Company for long run. Good staff. Good money. More family time. Happy life. They train you for every thing. Its a good company to work for. Permanent work year around.

Summary

Verified Employee

I am fairly new so I don't really have a lot to add. Most people have been cordial, and accommodating, It takes a bit to understand how dispatch works. It has been a good experience.

Dont do it

Just run away, owners are out to make a monopoly out of this buisness and don't care about your family life only about money. Getting injured on the job is normal, getting crapped on is a daily thing coming from birds and managment. If you dont need more then 2-5 hours sleep a day, going over legal hours, driving in unsafe conditions(winter), lectured about your driving skills by ppl that cant start a tractor, missing valuable time with family then this is the place for you. Used to be a decent place to work, owners have made it a circus . Only pros are other drivers, good guys.

Pros

Going home

Cons

all the above and then some

Good company

It is a good company from the little I know so far. you work with a good group of people, and you see that they know what they are doing .

Pros

every day at home

Cons

it's time to get used to working nights

This is the place to be if you are looking for a long term career opportunity

Riverdale has provided me with continuous learning opportunities from day one. Management asks for opinions and input on a regular basis. Growing comes with challenges and Riverdale has a strong team of dedicated employees who work around the clock to consistently improve processes as we go. I am very proud to be part of the Riverdale team and I see great things happening for Riverdale as we continue to grow and lead the industry. I recommend Riverdale to anyone looking for a long term career opportunity within an industry that operates year round to provide an essential service to Canadians.

Pros

Supportive managers and co-workers and continuous learning opportunities

Amazing company to work fr

Good pay, challenging work, flexibility, everyday learning something new, good place to work and grow, management team is awesome, foreman is warm welcoming

Stupid management

I work there for 4 months and they most stupid set human being I have meet in my life they give a dam about you, don’t believe what d hr and the operation manager is a fool

Jobs at Riverdale Poultry

See more jobs

This place is a joke and a horrible place to work

Would never recommend working with this company there a joke, they tell you what you want to hear with no follow up all around bad experience and everyone I talked to well there said they’d be quiting when new plant opens due to BIG pay cuts. RUN away from this company!

Not a good place to work.

The owners are great but the management team creates a very toxic environment. Management does not take safety very seriously. They make everything look good but turn on a person very quickly.

Not what you think

It was a great place to work when I first started. It seems they have got too big, too fast and it is their employees and safety standards that are suffering. The biggest issue here is POOR dispatching. Hours are long and all over the place. One day you will be working nights and the next, a surprise day shift. No home time and life is pretty much a series of naps. Currently they are implementing pay cuts to all drivers, since they now have an absurd amount of office staff with made up rolls. Owners that have no clue, they're only out to get rich and screw everyone in the process. They make you feel like its family oriented and they care. I'll tell you now, it's not and they don't! Lack of communication is also a real issue at Riverdale. Your yearly "bonus" focuses on everything you have done wrong and nothing you have done good for the company. They look for any way possible to take money away. It really is just a ridiculous job. If you enjoy no sleep, never knowing when you're going to be working, poor communication, and stress then Riverdale is a job for you!

Pros

Good co-workers

Cons

Everything else

Poor

The hours are long not much home time. Pay is not what is advertised. Upper management don't have a clue on what they are doing, only care about getting what they want, will lie to you to get it. Stressful environment. False promises. Bottom line sketchy place to work

Riverdale Poultry, Elmira

Very nice work environment. I get to know something new everyday. Very helpful and detailed staff. I am lucky to be member of this team. Looking forward.

High turnover

High turnover at this employer. Come across as family oriented and as if your important. Not the case. Not paid for overtime, expect long hours and change of shifts. Take your ideas and input it towards their growth, give credit to owners/management for it then dismiss you as nothing. They definitely favor some staff and will only look at the work of those people so ensure you document what you do and stand up for yourself or else you'll be overlooked

Pros

Benefits, pay

Cons

Long hours, not paid overtime

Exciting place to work with lots of growth opportunities

Senior management team members set the tone that frames the Riverdale culture, demonstrating solid work ethic, open-door policy, open to new ideas from all areas/levels within the organization, and committed to supporting team members in their personal development and in removing removing roadblocks preventing us from achieving our goals. With growth comes both success and challenges/opportunities for improvement. Sometimes there's too much work for the existing team to handle. Fortunately, the owners recognize that and have hired/are hiring more people to relieve the pressure. What I've noticed both in the workplace and in reading reviews written by current & former employees, is that the happy and fulfilled team members are those who speak up when they need help and, sadly, those who keep their problems to themselves remain unhappy. My advice: work hard, maintain life balance, and when it gets hard to do both speak up to your manager -> they really do listen and provide support!

Pros

Friendly workplace, lots of freebies (gifts, lunches, etc.)

Great company. Industry leader.

The company has been the industry leader for 60+ years and is now transforming again! It is disrupting the industry - new services to customers, animal welfare standards, technology, training, talent management...the list goes on. Riverdale continues to challenge the status quo. So fun to be a part of it. Exciting to work for the industry leader. Can’t wait to see where we’ll go next.

Pros

Dynamic work environment

Cons

Difficult to be a star as the team keeps getting better

The Riverdale Standard

It is a great place to work. Everyone treats you with respect, and the environment gives you plenty of opportunities to grow and become more diversified in your skill base. The experiences have been the best in my career thus far and I feel like it is a great place to build my career.

This company supports their empoyees very well if you give 100%they will give 110%

Work as expected and you will succeed with this company if you want to advance further with the company they will help you achieve that as well. Higher than adverage pay for work performed. Home everyday and rarely work on weekends. I have worked here for 30 years and would recommend that if you have the opportunity to get hired you should take it.

Pros

Get paid on per load basis not hourly

Cons

Schedule can be sometimes hard to deal with

Fast paced, fun place to work

Every day is different, lots of challenges and interesting work. Great group of people who care about their employees. Data driven, game changing growth.

Pros

Rsp, Student bursary, annual company picnic was a blast!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Riverdale Poultry. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.3Job security/advancement