Riverbed Technology Employee Reviews

Excelente manejo de actividades
Commercial Sales / Field Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Ciudad de México, D. F.17 April 2018
Estabilidad brindada por la empresa y excelentes prestaciones. Capacitación continua. Agradable ambiente laboral
Cons
No hubo apoyo para desarrollar el mercado local
Riverbed Technology
Enterprise Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Austin, TX13 April 2018
Riverbed has gone through a private equity acquisition. Before that they couldn't decide what their product set should be, and was adding and subtracting offerings all the time. They finally spun off several after the purchase. There is a lot of upper management micro-managing. They pay for commissions was poor. If it was not for my immediate supervisor I would have left much earlier.
Pros
Benefits and stock options
Cons
Micro-management, low base salary
Evolving solutions
Regional Sales Director, Riverbed Technology (Former Employee) –  USA14 March 2018
Good culture, evolving solutions need quicker development to keep pace with the evolving industries. Narrow solution focus to do a few things excellent vs. many things fair.
Very poor leadership across the organization, they use titles to attract talent
Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CA1 March 2018
This is the C team. The company has horrible management and culture, unprofessional behavior abounds, and racism and sexism is rampant (white (women) need not apply).

Titles are used to attract talent as they have a very difficult time hiring and they are not reflective of the actual job at all. If you want a title jump, it may work, but you are unlikely to learn anything to actually help you success elsewhere at that elevated title.

If you are an A or even a B player, this is not the company for you. Anyone remotely decent leaves very very quickly.
Pros
free snacks
Cons
Leadership, Marketing, Culture, lack of all normal effective people and management process and skills
Stressful with a terrible manager
IT Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CA18 December 2017
My job and our department was always threatened to be discontinnued/farmed out offshore. Had to take my manager to Human Resources for abusive / hostile workplace tactics.
Good people, growing company
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CA7 December 2017
I worked remotely form my house with a company provided laptop. The company provided expense reimbursements for my cell phone and internet at my house, which was a huge plus! I rarely interacted with co-workers or clients, and only traveled twice in the two years I worked there. The day I was hired was the start of a reduction in force, one of 3 that I would see while I was there, and ultimately became victim of. There was a lot of turnover in our Professional Services consulting and project management staff. Stability lacked.
Pros
Good benefits and compensation
Cons
Poor training, no stability, poor team leadership
Sell, sell, sell
Manager (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CA6 December 2017
No weight given to non-sales or non-marketing teams. At the quarterly business review/all-hands meetings, employees donly hear from Chief Officers of Sales or Marketing or Engineering. Not once has the CFO spoken.
Terrible Culture
Director of Channels, Americas (Current Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CA25 October 2017
If you are looking for a place that is run by HR, this is your place. You cannot trust anyone at Riverbed. Everyone is on the defense and no one supports one another. Terrible management and terrible culture.
Poor company don't reccomend
Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MO11 October 2017
Poor company. Purchased by an Equity investor and totally cut throat. They laid off 50% of the employees during my tenure with the company. I recommend working elsewhere.
Pros
salary
Cons
Everything else
A company looking to find its way
Senior Director of Engineering (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CA4 October 2017
- typical day at work is filled with meetings, which is typical of a large corporation
- i've learned that Riverbed cares very much about bottom line financials at the expense of the employees
- management is also very typical of a large corporation
- workplace culture is Cisco-like
- the hardest part of the job is making any progress
Great Culture
INSIDE SALES REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CA14 August 2017
Riverbed was a great place to work. They go above and beyond to make their employees comfortable. Very good management and facilities. Employees were generally satisfied.
Good company, good products, poor strategy
Field Alliance Manager (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CA10 July 2017
Going through layoffs (2017) and management shake-ups and expect more coming. Poorly managed and very Silo'd. Sales reps not held accountable. Some have gone 2 years and not made their numbers.
Pros
Good pay and benefits
Cons
Unstable and declining business
Great culture and work life balance
MEmber Technical staff (Current Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CA6 July 2017
People are very friendly and helpful. Lot of freedom and independence on most projects. Can bring in your ideas and make a difference. Company is still playing catch up with the latest technologies though.
Was great, not so much now
Engineer (Current Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CA22 June 2017
Lots of great things about working here, and now more not so great. Recent RIFS, scaled back on snacks, delayed raises, more work due to do, tighter deadlines.
Pros
snacks, work anywhere with laptop, friendly people
Cons
people leaving, no bonus, delayed raises
Responsibilities and work flow
TAC L3 Engineer (Former Employee) –  New York, NY16 June 2017
Escalation Engineer has its pros and cons. Pros are engaging with multiple customers, learning their needs. Cons, minimal integration with Sales and Professional Services.
Pros
Free chips and drinks, occasional work from home.
Cons
Shift work, never know what problem the customer will have
Don't work here!
Sales (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CA19 May 2017
Really bad management, very political. It's a company that hires cisco people wanting to be Cisco but never going to get there. They buy companies and do not invest in internal R&D. Don't work here.. biggest mistake.
Pros
Cons
Everything!
Productive and fun place with a ping pong table
Member of Technical Staff, Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CA9 May 2017
A typical day at work usually consists of either figuring out your work for the coming day(s) or doing it.

I've learned that the people you work with is as important as what you're working on.

Management is great. Lots of great people, leaders, etc.

Workplace culture is the best part. Very laid back.

Hardest part of the job is dealing with uncertainty.

Most enjoyable part of the job is the people.
Fast paced leader in the market
Inside Sales Intern (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CA6 February 2017
Has the vibe of a startup even though they have been around for 8+ years. Focused on saturating the market and providing the best product for the cost. Constantly coming out with improvements for their products, upward mobility is actually possible if you put in the effort.
great place for employees with families
Global SI/SP Marketing Manager, Contractor (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CA11 January 2017
The team I was a member of never came in the office so there was
little or no personal interaction or building of relationships in or outside of work. My day started at 8:00 am and wouldn't end until sometimes 10:00 pm. There was very little support from management or other members of the team. Fortunately, I was a seasoned marketing professional and could work independently from others.
Pros
working remote, understanding of family responsibilities
Cons
no culture, management does not inspire, no team work
Riverbed
Worldwide Renewals Administrator (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CA4 January 2017
This was a great company to work for. It was unfortunately, not in my field of previous training, so I wanted to find other work, but I have 0 bad things to day. Great pay, great people, great work life balance, challenging work.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Riverbed Technology. Our community is ready to answer.