River Rock Casino Resort

River Rock Casino Resort Pay & benefits reviews

Clear
3.3Pay & benefits

Fun place, great management

Great place to work, occasionally short staff but team is great and management is supportive, always. Salary is reasonable, do not expect more than average compared to downtown hotels

Pros

Great Benefits

My review.

Great place to work good hours great tips. Alot of action and festivities. Room for advancement. I would defiantly recommend working here if you don't mind standing for long periods of time.

n/a

work culture is good, you'll get to work with great people. management is okay, not the best but there are instances that they pull through salary is good, you paid hourly and also get tips

I was work as a housekeeping and it's fun and stressful sometimes. The work place is beautiful and have a nice uniform and everything is provided like food.

fun place to work and really good managers

I really can't say enough about how awesome this place is , they treat their staff very well with regular staff appreciation themed events like BBQ's and dinners . Wages are above average , good tips and amazing co-workers from so many different backgrounds , I loved it .

good company overall

work life balance, compensation is fair. management is good but resources might be limited. a very different way of running comparing to the branded franchise hotels.

Great Team

Team Work. Enjoyable. great benefits. Great communication within the team. Team players. most of the days of the week are busy. Great regular guests to serve.

Waste of time

Won’t be staying here longer, job is easy and pay is low for the industry, only applied because I’m new to the province, try others competing casinos that seem better

Pros

Can’t think of any

Cons

So many, shift work, pay, coworkers, management

Busy place in Richmond

If you looking for a place to work in everyday fun and challenge this the place in Richmond. Great benefits, everyone care about your work life and make you feel family at work.

Always be forced EO for early night shift

Everything is ok for me. Being forced EO(early off) is so frustrated for me because I have a lot of bills to pay every month, less hours means less money. I tried to work so hard, but the company doesn't care about staff's lives. I have to find another part time job to fulfill the EO hours money in order to pay my monthly bills. so sad.

Pros

good benefit, good tips

Cons

forced Early off, low salary

Worked for Guest Services in the Poker Room mostly

I worked the 7pm - 3am shift so I had no social or family life! The pay was good, but you had to give up a lot for it, and they did offer benefits The Casino life is different

Pros

Paid well

Cons

schedule

Shift and seniority mean everything.

Secure gaming chips, assigned to different gaming table depends on the skillsets. It's not easy to get to know everyone from the same department due to its high turnover rate. Life will be affected especially working overnight.

Cons

Extremely tight salary cap space, lack of promotion opportunities

Surveillance Operator

Great company // Good Culture and the best part is Meals supplied for all staff make it that much better. Salary could be a bit more but overall a great Company to work for.

Pros

Staff Dinner's, Great Managers

Cons

Little lower Salary then expected.

great people greedy industry

The kind of budget cuts that management had to deal with was insane. amazing people in the industry, they really do the best they can with a rather cheap company.

Pros

free lunch

Cons

6 days aweek

Great coworkers, poor management

Steady 8 hours per day 5 days a week with optional OT depending on your department. Some department have option of 10hours per day 4 days a week which would allow you for another part-time job or study. Given the amount of complaints you receive daily, I've greatly improved my customers service and communication skills. Once you work here, you will realized the workers here are amazing, especially the new ones. Many employees have worked here 10+ years, and that's the reason why you will see a lot of senior working in days and night time you will see much younger workers. Although the workers are amazing at River Rock, the management is a mess. Many services does not deliver due to management's lack of understanding of front line needs. Promotions are being created without tailor to their target customer's interest, and poor event coordination lead to short staff, insufficient equipment and machine malfunctions. These leads to further more complaints and leaving negative experience. The service workers gave their best to make up for these shortage, but these star performers are often not recognized. The hardest part of the job is lack of advancement outside of graveyard shift. The company is filled with workers who have worked there since opening.new comers are not only forever stuck in graveyard or late night shift, but also constantly getting their shift and vacation dates rejected due to seniority. Most enjoyable part of the job are the great people you work with. River Rock has great eye for energetic and friendly workers. These people will not only be your -

Pros

Benefits, Free meals

Cons

Graveyard shift, many senior workers that doesn't deliver their job but constantly complaint

how to be part of the river rockers

too much office politics, drama and head games being played. bad management, and ridiculous rules. free food good but most days it is barely edible. have to learn to be a joiner or you will never be able to rise in the ranks.

Pros

discounts, free meals

Cons

hard work doesnt + more gain, rules always changing

Rrcr

Staff are great. Benefits are good. Lower than average wages causes high turn over rates. We lose a lot of our staff to hotel/casinos downtown.

Pros

Staff meals, profit sharing.

Cons

Low wages

Unprofessional environment and poorly managed

I'll leave this brief: If you really want to relive your high school days, this is the place to do it. Disinterested management. Unhappy coworkers. Poor treatment. Low pay.

Productive and Fun workplace

Its a fun place to be. There is always something new going on and exciting you get to meet new and different kinds of people everyday

Pros

Free Launches, Good people to meet

Cons

Not enough pay

Great People to work with

The hardest part of the job is the emotional labour that is seldom recognized by management. The most enjoyable part of the job is the people I work with. They are great people with family to raise, with future plans and dreams.

Pros

interesting co-workers

Cons

unbalanced work / life

Ask a question about working or interviewing at River Rock Casino Resort. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.2Job security/advancement