River Rock Casino Resort logo
River Rock Casino Resort

River Rock Casino Resort Employee Reviews

Fun place, great management

Great place to work, occasionally short staff but team is great and management is supportive, always. Salary is reasonable, do not expect more than average compared to downtown hotels

Pros

Great Benefits

productive and fun workplace

awesome experience working here no problems encountered it just so happened we got shut down due to Covid - 19 pandemic and all casinos have to completely stop its operations in British Columbia canada and all provinces of canada.great place to work!

Pros

50% employee discount in all food establishments in the casino Resort

Cons

short staffed

I had an oppurtunity to meet different people and mostly celebrities, like David Foster and Michael Buble.

I usually meet different people and learned from their culture. Lots of experiences serving the guest e.g., weddings, birthdays, anniversary and etc. We do have a great team work in our work place.

Pros

hotel accomodations discount

Cons

summer is a slow seasons

I love it!

I have really enjoyed my time at the River Rock Casino Resort and would recommend this property to anyone in the hospitality industry looking for a cool place to work.

totally stressful

Poor environment, terrible over night shifts, high pressure, long time stand, very fisical job. I guess it belongs from the Casino business, should be all the same.

Pros

n/a

Cons

almost all of than

Productive and fun workplace

small team, we were all very close, fun , room to move up, meeting new people, exciting, shows, events, leaning new skills, helping in other departments.

My review.

Great place to work good hours great tips. Alot of action and festivities. Room for advancement. I would defiantly recommend working here if you don't mind standing for long periods of time.

n/a

work culture is good, you'll get to work with great people. management is okay, not the best but there are instances that they pull through salary is good, you paid hourly and also get tips

I was work as a housekeeping and it's fun and stressful sometimes. The work place is beautiful and have a nice uniform and everything is provided like food.

Productive workplace

A typical day at work is to operating live table games and providing professional customer service to guests while ensuring that gaming procedures are being complied. We get a 15 minute break time for every hour we work. The management are helpful and always there when you need them. It is fun to work with the people at work. The hardest part of the job might be that some customers are very superstitious and they might blame the dealer for their lose but we can always try to calm them down.

Jobs at River Rock Casino Resort

See more jobs

fun place to work and really good managers

I really can't say enough about how awesome this place is , they treat their staff very well with regular staff appreciation themed events like BBQ's and dinners . Wages are above average , good tips and amazing co-workers from so many different backgrounds , I loved it .

one of the worst places to work

Working at River Rock was not a good experience. Their leadership and direction some Managers operate is dishonest and sneaky. they are not looking out for the employees at all. Individualism and no sense of team.

Poor leadership

The COO is a construction executive. That should give you an idea of his strategy in the hospitality business. Hires kids with no experience so they don’t have different views than his. No executive experience incompany. Anyone that had it left or was fired. Worst place to work in Canada for gaming/hospitality

somehow good

This is a great place to work especially if you need flexible working hours . The work load is light compared to most places. Because of the fast paced environment there can be some tougher days, but I do believe that comes along with any career.

good company overall

work life balance, compensation is fair. management is good but resources might be limited. a very different way of running comparing to the branded franchise hotels.

River Rock Culinary

Working in the culinary at River Rock you would gain the most experience in Tramonto if you are looking for a more round skill set in cooking. Helping in Buffet, Food Court, and Curve is just high production, sometimes questionable methods but very easy and simple job. The difficulties is that any advice employees give for company development it would not be a top concern for the management.

multitask workplace

•Welcome guests upon their arrival and assign rooms •Performing all check-in and check-out tasks •Provide information about our hotel, available rooms, rates and amenities •Up Selling guest rooms and promoting hotel services • Assisted guests with common services and answered any general questions • Inform guest about payment methods and posting charges to appropriate guest accounts. •Operating switchboard and assisting with inquiries to appropriate department •Collaborating and communicating with other internal departments to ensure guest satisfaction. •Anticipating and addressing guests' needs, and resolving their problems and complaints.

Busy workplace with nice coworkers

It is a very busy work place and have routine shift, can be overnight shift. Co workers are friendly and nice, but no everyone is hard worker. Management should be care more about their staffs.

worst place to work at

not very nice place to work at. employees are nice but management was terrible. like the rest have mentioned, management don’t care about your life. “it’s business”.

Pros

Cons

everything

fun but stressing sometimes

i learn to be more patient everyday. i learn how to deal and cope up with different people of different culture. the hardest part of the job is not everyone speaks english, nonetheless, we understand through signs and thats how we respect that not all of us are given the chance to learn the language.

Pros

15 minute paid break every hour

Cons

standing long hours

Friendly staff but depressing work culture.

Terrible scheduling and hard to ever request / book time off. Management lacked personal relationship building skills that created a bad trickle down effect. Profits would rise, wages would stagnate. Impossible to learn new games as they would outside hire rather than promote from within.

Pros

Free dinner.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at River Rock Casino Resort. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.2Job security/advancement