River Rock Casino Resort

River Rock Casino Resort Employee Reviews

Canada56 reviews
My review.
Great place to work good hours great tips. Alot of action and festivities. Room for advancement. I would defiantly recommend working here if you don't mind standing for long periods of time.
I love it!
I have really enjoyed my time at the River Rock Casino Resort and would recommend this property to anyone in the hospitality industry looking for a cool place to work.
totally stressful
Poor environment, terrible over night shifts, high pressure, long time stand, very fisical job. I guess it belongs from the Casino business, should be all the same.
Pros
n/a
Cons
almost all of than
Productive and fun workplace
small team, we were all very close, fun , room to move up, meeting new people, exciting, shows, events, leaning new skills, helping in other departments.
n/a
work culture is good, you'll get to work with great people.
management is okay, not the best but there are instances that they pull through

salary is good, you paid hourly and also get tips
I was work as a housekeeping and it's fun and stressful sometimes. The work place is beautiful and have a nice uniform and everything is provided like food.
Productive workplace
A typical day at work is to operating live table games and providing professional customer service to guests while ensuring that gaming procedures are being complied. We get a 15 minute break time for every hour we work. The management are helpful and always there when you need them. It is fun to work with the people at work. The hardest part of the job might be that some customers are very superstitious and they might blame the dealer for their lose but we can always try to calm them down.
fun place to work and really good managers
I really can't say enough about how awesome this place is , they treat their staff very well with regular staff appreciation themed events like BBQ's and dinners .

Wages are above average , good tips and amazing co-workers from so many different backgrounds , I loved it .
one of the worst places to work
Working at River Rock was not a good experience. Their leadership and direction some Managers operate is dishonest and sneaky. they are not looking out for the employees at all. Individualism and no sense of team.
Poor leadership
The COO is a construction executive. That should give you an idea of his strategy in the hospitality business. Hires kids with no experience so they don’t have different views than his. No executive experience incompany. Anyone that had it left or was fired. Worst place to work in Canada for gaming/hospitality
somehow good
This is a great place to work especially if you need flexible working hours . The work load is light compared to most places. Because of the fast paced environment there can be some tougher days, but I do believe that comes along with any career.
good company overall
work life balance, compensation is fair.
management is good but resources might be limited.

a very different way of running comparing to the branded franchise hotels.
River Rock Culinary
Working in the culinary at River Rock you would gain the most experience in Tramonto if you are looking for a more round skill set in cooking. Helping in Buffet, Food Court, and Curve is just high production, sometimes questionable methods but very easy and simple job.

The difficulties is that any advice employees give for company development it would not be a top concern for the management.
multitask workplace
•Welcome guests upon their arrival and assign rooms
•Performing all check-in and check-out tasks

•Provide information about our hotel, available rooms, rates and amenities

•Up Selling guest rooms and promoting hotel services

• Assisted guests with common services and answered any general questions

• Inform guest about payment methods and posting charges to appropriate guest accounts.

•Operating switchboard and assisting with inquiries to appropriate department

•Collaborating and communicating with other internal departments to ensure guest satisfaction.

•Anticipating and addressing guests' needs, and resolving their problems and complaints.
Busy workplace with nice coworkers
It is a very busy work place and have routine shift, can be overnight shift. Co workers are friendly and nice, but no everyone is hard worker. Management should be care more about their staffs.
worst place to work at
not very nice place to work at. employees are nice but management was terrible. like the rest have mentioned, management don’t care about your life. “it’s business”.
Pros
Cons
everything
fun but stressing sometimes
i learn to be more patient everyday. i learn how to deal and cope up with different people of different culture. the hardest part of the job is not everyone speaks english, nonetheless, we understand through signs and thats how we respect that not all of us are given the chance to learn the language.
Pros
15 minute paid break every hour
Cons
standing long hours
Friendly staff but depressing work culture.
Terrible scheduling and hard to ever request / book time off.
Management lacked personal relationship building skills that created a bad trickle down effect.

Profits would rise, wages would stagnate.

Impossible to learn new games as they would outside hire rather than promote from within.
Pros
Free dinner.
i enjoy working in a place that never sleeps
the casino was very challenging from the stand pint of keeping it clean due to the fact that it never close, Is open 24 hours a day 7 days a week 365 days a year
Pros
a wide variety of food places t eat
No work life balance
A good place to work if management is concerned about their people than just about the business. No work life balance, management does not really care about your well being most of the time.
Great place to work.
Loving everything about my Job. It is a great place to work. People/Management all are awesome to work with. The company does take care of their employees as well.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at River Rock Casino Resort. Our community is ready to answer.
River Rock Casino Resort Reviews by Location