River Cree Resort & Casino

River Cree Resort & Casino Management reviews

Canada77 reviews
Its been a privilege working with rivercree resort and casino,they have great management and staff.benefits wise, they have good benefits. They take actions right away. They’re strict thru policies.
Management is awful. Security Personnel are a joke. No one really has a clue of what they are supposed to do. Laziest security workers I ever seen. Would recommend to people to go pick garbage out of the ditch.
Pros
Cons
Too many to list.
Difficult management and unwilling to work with employees. They treat you like you should be thankful to even have a job! Requested days off are not given and you’re told to work around they’re schedule even though it’s posted 48 hrs before shifts and staff is not notified when schedule changes are made
Pros
Money’s decent
Cons
Hours, schedule and management
If you want to be treated like a dog then you will like this place for sure. HR dept is non existant. Management is uneducated, abusive and treats workers as second class Very very high turnover.
Pros
You get to leave at end of day
Cons
Management and favouritism
I don't recommend working here unless you're Enoch. Poor and unorganized management. They say they have numerous coaching steps but they only apply to the band members and if you're not, chances are you get fired in a snap, especially during probation. They don't seem to care about the employee's turnover rate, who they hire and who they let go.
Scheduling is a mess; there could be no notice on your next shift and sometimes you have to go through 3d parties to find out when your next shift is.

A lot of micromanagement and policing of hearsay. Too much politics overall. Good for part-time, but too pressuring to be there full-time; no security/reliability.
Pros
Sometimes free lunches, show tickets, tips
Cons
Lies and politics
I have been with the company for about 2 years now and I can happily say I do not want to leave. My job is amazing and I love coming to work, and this has a lot to do with management. The River Cree is one big family that welcomes everyone with such warmth.
Pros
Associate Barbecue's
This place treats employees unfair if your a band member you can do anything you want and not be fired come to work drunk etc you cannot complain or say anything about upper management or you will be fired
They expect you to work like a slave and be available all day and night if you do not answer your phone your in trouble
Pros
Cons
Heavy work stress severe under paid
Management has no clue what they are doing. Hire people who don't have any technical experience about the job. Hire people because their resume hits all the key points but actually have no clue what they are doing.

Frustrating when you have to explain yourself countless times to management on what should be done and how things should get fixed. They don't care about your opinion, even if you have years of experience in trades/engineering.
I really enjoy working at river Cree casino. I would say it is the best casino in the Edmonton area. Management is great, it is a fun place to work at. Very diverse.
Pros
Great management
Cons
Hours are late and sometimes difficult
Did cashier duties, i learned retail and more customer service experience. Management was all over the place. Hardest part of the job was dealing with bad customers and some dramatic co-workers. The most enjoyable part was getting to know nice customers that always smiled and laughed, and getting to know some amazing co-workers.
Lots of opportunities for advancement, I enjoyed the atmosphere, location ideal, hardest part was the smoking section was located near my position. Management was great and understanding.
Very stressful environment. No wonder why so many people there are quitting their job. Some are just waiting for opportunity, trying to cope up with how they get treated like a slave.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Worst management
The job is relatively easy as long as working night shifts full-time doesn't bother you. Management is more reactive than proactive and can be punitive towards staff rather than properly addressing issues. The group is motivated but there can be a lot of gossip at times. Overall decent place to work and good money for the type of work. I would recommend for people while in school or as a side job but not full-time or if you're hoping to progress.
It was nice when our pay was deducted for our lunches. That was a great benefit.

Management was much better then the Directors. The directors were from the Enoch Band, and I found they were not very educated, and were not employee friendly. They loved to be looked at as someone with power and used it when they wanted to intimidate the employees. They were very giving and flexible to their band members but not with non band members even the indigenous employees.

A very unfail place to work, stressful without benefits
You are as expendable as the next human if you are considering working here. River Cree casino is not a good place to work. No work life balance, River Cree will hire on a part time basis and make you work full time hours. River Cree has a HIGH turnover rate in employees.
DO NOT waste your valuable time with this company.
Pros
No pros to working here
Cons
Long hours, no work life balance, don't value employees
poor company to work for high level of nepitism with in the kitchen no room for growth
they play favorites with the people that dont want to work
chef is a poor leader with very bad tendencies

find something else and work there not worth your time to work here
The River Cree is a unique and exciting place to work. You meet a variety of people throughout your shift.
Management is supportive with staff and clients as well. The atmosphere is energetic and still relaxed.
Pros
Fair break times
Cons
Call in, short staffed.
One of the best places once worked for. Treats employees with respect, management is very good, fair and almost all employees are very friendly. Doesn’t matter what dept you work in. Good working atmosphere!
Co-workers are great. Management is great. Opportunities to grow and learn new things. Monthly and weekly draws for cash. Staff BBQs and dinners. Only downside is the people you have to deal with and the hours.
Pros
draws, dinners, great community, tips
Cons
late hours, unable to go down in shifts
Absolutely the worst company I have ever worked for. The higher management are power trippers who treated people very badly. A culture of bullying exists and it makes working there unbearable. A lot of staff end up on stress leave due to the bullying and harassment
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Treated extremely poorly
I have many years of Security experience in all types of settings. River Cree has by far the best job culture that I have ever encountered. I was greeted warmly on my first day and treated like a valued member of the team from my very first shift. Very uncommon to see that in the industry. Rules are strict but fair. Expectations are given from the outset. Promises that are given are lived up too. Casino security is very structured in order to protect people and money so freedom during shift is minimal. However, the management try to make the job as enjoyable as possible given the limitations. You will make friends here because of the positive culture and the friendliness of the staff. You will have opportunity for overtime and you will work hard and be tired at the end of the day. Other security jobs pay better, but none have a positive culture as this one does.
Pros
culture, benefits, opportunity for OT, schedule accomodation.
Cons
wage lower than most, long hours, strict rules of conduct required