River Cree Resort & Casino

River Cree Resort & Casino Employee Reviews

Very stressfull and worst, selfish management.
Dishwasher (Current Employee) –  Enoch, AB21 December 2019
Very stressful environment. No wonder why so many people there are quitting their job. Some are just waiting for opportunity, trying to cope up with how they get treated like a slave.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Worst management
Lunches and meals provided
Security Officer/Valet (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB9 December 2019
It was nice when our pay was deducted for our lunches. That was a great benefit.

Management was much better then the Directors. The directors were from the Enoch Band, and I found they were not very educated, and were not employee friendly. They loved to be looked at as someone with power and used it when they wanted to intimidate the employees. They were very giving and flexible to their band members but not with non band members even the indigenous employees.

A very unfail place to work, stressful without benefits
If you value yourself as a human don't work here
Not worth mentioning (Former Employee) –  Not worth mentioning15 November 2019
You are as expendable as the next human if you are considering working here. River Cree casino is not a good place to work. No work life balance, River Cree will hire on a part time basis and make you work full time hours. River Cree has a HIGH turnover rate in employees.
DO NOT waste your valuable time with this company.
Pros
No pros to working here
Cons
Long hours, no work life balance, don't value employees
Wonderful place to work
Shuttle Driver (Former Employee) –  Enoch, AB5 October 2019
I really can't say enough about how awesome this place is , they treat their staff very well with regular staff appreciation themed events like BBQ's and dinners .

Wages are above average , good tips and amazing co-workers from so many different backgrounds , I loved it .
Pros
Care about their staff, employee discounts
Stay away from the kitchen
CDP (Former Employee) –  Sage3 October 2019
poor company to work for high level of nepitism with in the kitchen no room for growth
they play favorites with the people that dont want to work
chef is a poor leader with very bad tendencies
find something else and work there not worth your time to work here
very good place to work friendly people to
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Enoch, AB2 October 2019
well first you would go throught the employees entrance and sign in then go get ready .. go clock in then start the day or night depending on what you work as.
Make friends with other staff quickly.
Tap Bartender/Server (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB27 September 2019
The River Cree is a unique and exciting place to work. You meet a variety of people throughout your shift.
Management is supportive with staff and clients as well. The atmosphere is energetic and still relaxed.
Pros
Fair break times
Cons
Call in, short staffed.
Well run casino
Poker Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB22 September 2019
One of the best places once worked for. Treats employees with respect, management is very good, fair and almost all employees are very friendly. Doesn’t matter what dept you work in. Good working atmosphere!
Great people to work with, no where near enough pay
Security Dual Rate Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Enoch, AB21 September 2019
Honestly everyone I work with is amazing and extremely sociallable, but the pay is next to horrible. As security most places pay minimum starting $20, I'm a supervisor and I'm at $16
Great employers
dealer (Former Employee) –  Enoch, AB24 June 2019
Co-workers are great. Management is great. Opportunities to grow and learn new things. Monthly and weekly draws for cash. Staff BBQs and dinners. Only downside is the people you have to deal with and the hours.
Pros
draws, dinners, great community, tips
Cons
late hours, unable to go down in shifts
Unpleasant work environment
Barback (Current Employee) –  Enoch, AB24 June 2019
While the people at the River Cree are pleasant the work environment is not. The hardest part of the job is all the standing and walking during the shift. The most enjoyable part of the job is meeting new people and interacting with customers as well as co-workers.
Pros
going home after my shift
Cons
coming in to work
Not A Good Place
Fulltime - Surveillance/Lead Operator (Former Employee) –  Enoch, AB19 June 2019
I worked there for 5+ years. It was not a good work environment. I was promised a promotion and raise and they gave it to someone else who was not deserving of it. There was promises that were not kept. When I had a family emergency, I called them 12hrs before my shift to let them know and my manager told me if you don't come in I am writing you up. That is not a good company to work for.
Amazing staff members
Barista (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB7 June 2019
Despite the language barriers, all of the staff were kind and considerate. They helped with any situation, even if not from your section of the casino.
Dealer
Table Games Dealer (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB6 May 2019
Absolutely the worst company I have ever worked for. The higher management are power trippers who treated people very badly. A culture of bullying exists and it makes working there unbearable. A lot of staff end up on stress leave due to the bullying and harassment
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Treated extremely poorly
A unique culture
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Enoch, AB5 May 2019
I have many years of Security experience in all types of settings. River Cree has by far the best job culture that I have ever encountered. I was greeted warmly on my first day and treated like a valued member of the team from my very first shift. Very uncommon to see that in the industry. Rules are strict but fair. Expectations are given from the outset. Promises that are given are lived up too. Casino security is very structured in order to protect people and money so freedom during shift is minimal. However, the management try to make the job as enjoyable as possible given the limitations. You will make friends here because of the positive culture and the friendliness of the staff. You will have opportunity for overtime and you will work hard and be tired at the end of the day. Other security jobs pay better, but none have a positive culture as this one does.
Pros
culture, benefits, opportunity for OT, schedule accomodation.
Cons
wage lower than most, long hours, strict rules of conduct required
overworked and underpaid.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Enoch, AB5 May 2019
always given more works, but cut down benefits and getting very small raise. The paid is not competitive compared to other places. Employees were not treated fairly.
Cons
Favouritism.
Better than nothing
Busser (Former Employee) –  Enoch, AB29 April 2019
It was a good environment, cool staff and consumers. Minimum wage.Since it is a casino Ive had a scary encounters with drunk peoples. Not a bad place to work.
Disorganized, lack of communication, overall bad.
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Enoch, AB11 April 2019
Customers were fun and interesting.
Supervision under management tried their best but are very under appreciated. They tried to help the restaurant and employees.
Management is unqualified and dysfunctional. They say one thing on day and something totally different the next.
They often let things slide on the cleanliness scale. Would never recommend any type of fruit from the bar.
Very bad fruit flies, food safe handling should be taken by every employee in front of house (but isn’t)
The bar always stinks, lots of complaints.
Management and HR are quick to get rid of people rather than face problems and get to a resolution.
The casino is owned by Enoch, why aren’t they employing their own to take these management positions?
Often times employees within the casino would get mad at long wait times of service but fail to see that guests are prioritized. (Back to management on that one, were told guests come first but get in trouble once employees make a fuss about service)
Pros
Customers, supervisors try to be supportive
Cons
All Management (and higher up), Hr, no communication, cleanliness is a joke
Look forward to coming to work
Associate (Current Employee) –  Enoch, AB25 February 2019
I have been working her since 2011 and I love it. I have had the opportunity to work in two different departments. I have loved the teams and management I have worked with. Now, lets talk about the benefits. It is an amazing plan for front line. Not many company's provide vision anymore. Plus there is the Heath and Wellness program. They also do BBQ's in the summer and other meals for special occasions. They truly do take care of their staff.
Pros
Benifits
workplace
Count Room Clerk (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB22 February 2019
Working in the casino back office is not rewarding. Staff are not appreciated from the top managers. They expect you to put in 110 percent and give min wage.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at River Cree Resort & Casino. Our community is ready to answer.

River Cree Resort & Casino Reviews by Location