River City Ford Employee Reviews in Winnipeg, MB

Good company to work for.
Service Advisor in Quick Lane (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg26 August 2019
Perks of the job
- Discounts on various auto items like tires, car detailing
- Team members are all great people
- Interesting customers to deal with
Fun place to work with amazing people
Shuttle Driver (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB24 August 2019
Really enjoyed my time here and would be staying if I wasn't moving to another Province. The managers, advisors and all techs are personable. Just an overall enjoyable environment.
Pros
Fun atmosphere, free food at times, great managers.
Official response from River City Ford
26 August 2019

Hello and thanks for the great review!

We've really enjoyed having you as part of the team here and the fun you brought to the position!

Wishing you all the best in your travels back to your home province - we'll definitely miss you and hope to stay in touch!

Regards,

The DCAG HR Team

Toxic work atmosphere, if the customer comes to the dealership he is not leaving without a car from them
LEASING AND SALES CONSULTANT (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB6 March 2019
Start the morning meeting with the rest of the sales floor team members and learn/practice sales tactics. If no customers around read and learn about vehicles features and new products. Walk the showroom floor or parking lot, be observant for anyone at anytime stepping onto the premises. If it’s a winter time clean/brush the snow on the sidewalks, cars and help out with the snow plowing of the parking lot. If you are new to the industry and you are dealing with the difficulty customers, team members or managers our helpful sometimes but when the coast is clear you are being bullied of your handling of the customers and made feel guilty for not making the sales for the dealership. In between all of this you still have to do the daily cold calling to the new or previous customer and convince them to trade their existing or buy a new car.
Pros
Saturday lunches provided, low pay, new cars
Cons
Long hours, toxic team leaders, difficult customers
Official response from River City Ford
26 August 2019

Hi there!

Thank you for your review. We hope that there is an opportunity to discuss in better detail some of the concerns that you state in your reply.

We understand that the regular responsibilities of a Sales Consultant can be challenging, especially during the Winter.

Please email us at hr@dcag.ca with the best contact details to reach you, should you be interested in further discussion.

Regards,

The DCAG HR Team

Good people, good team
Automotive Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB20 September 2018
I liked it here for the people. I felt over worked often, which is ok, sometimes, but the money wasn’t worth it to me. I felt they could do better for that
Pros
Team culture, lots of fun times
Cons
Long hours, it great pay for what I did
Was fun until Bad managment descisions were made
Senior Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB21 August 2018
Great Customers to deal with, sales team is honest with customers, parts team members are very knowledgeable, Technicians are very skilled but slightly privileged, Fixed Operations Management needs improvement.
Pros
no accoutability
Cons
no accountability
Excellent Company to work
Desktop Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB12 April 2017
River City Ford is a great company in every experience through an inspired and empowered team.

They do this through their 5 Core Values, which they foster from within their employees.
•Customer Focus - They use innovation and resourcefulness to make it the easiest to do business with.
•Honesty - They are dedicated to transparency and committed to integrity.
•Team Work - They encourage and value everyone's contribution.
•Energy - They provide a fun and exciting atmosphere.
•Continuous Improvement - They are passionate towards improving the lives of their customers and team.

I really these values and work towards putting in practice in my professional career.
Good Support Staff
Service Writer (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB13 November 2014
Poor management and process. Staff did the best with what they were given but lack of leadership and proper direction leads to multiple issues