RiteBite Orthodontics Employee Reviews

Great company for motivated individuals
Admin (Current Employee) –  Ontario6 May 2019
Ritebite is the ideal work environment for anyone who is motivated. If you have the drive to excel at your work, you will do well at this company. I think people who have a good sense of humour and a positive outlook on life are also a good fit here.

Ritebite has three 'teams', serving eight locations. The GTA team rotates between Brampton, Mississauga and Oakville (the last two being only 10 minutes apart from each other). The KW team rotates between Cambridge, Waterloo, Kitchener and Listowel. There is a company van that the staff can use for travel to Listowel, so you don't have to use your own car. The Sarnia team works only in Sarnia. I appreciate working in multiple locations, because it gives a nice change of pace.
Pros
Benefits, no nights or weekend work, fun events.
A Great Place with Great People
Employee (Current Employee) –  Waterloo, ON1 May 2019
Please be mindful that the negative reviews are from past employees who were not a fit and so, have either left of their own accord or were let go (whichever came first). A few comments about some of the points being made:
Travel - There is and always has been a very clear expectation set out from the beginning (interview stage) of anyone being hired that travel may be required. If you don't want to do it, you don't have to accept the job. It is not fair to take a job knowing full well that travel may be required and then complain about travel afterwards.
Lack of training - Training provided is organized and structured and above all, considerate of the individual's previous experience or lack thereof. The goal is to always set up the individual for success which in turn ensures the team's success. If you didn't take training seriously, and make continuous mistakes, you should be expected to be spoken to. We take a lot of time to train people so please respect our time and the value we provide.
Hours - You get paid what you work - ALWAYS. They wouldn't be in business if this were not the case. As for working past the scheduled times, please find me a job that starts and ends at a specified time. And, if you work past the allotted scheduled times, then you are in fact paid for your 'working hours'. Unless that is, you think you should get paid to sit around chatting about your weekend plans which has occurred by most providing these negative reviews.
Management - You can't say they don't try to create a fun and positive environment. They are always doing fun monthly team
  more... events, they provide gift cards as recognition, they are flexible with other personal things you may have happening. They put a lot of effort into the culture. However, some people don't like direction. And so, have provided negative reviews.
This is an adult working environment. And therefore, we want individuals who take their work seriously. But, know how to balance it out with fun. If you want a good job, and you want a good and friendly environment, where you can make a difference, then this is the place for you. Ritebite has employees who have been there for almost 10+ years. Can't be all bad I would say. Additionally, they have a number (lots and lots) of past employees who have loved their experience and left due to their own reasons, unrelated to the company. And still stay in touch. We have created family members from our past team mates. Don't base your decision on the negative reviews. They are clearly one sided.
I think that people always look for something to complain about when they should be looking at themselves as en employee. It's unfortunate that indeed doesn't have a section where you can rate previous employees. Now that is a great idea.
Pros
Kind staff, managers and owners, Honest, Caring, High Expectations, Team Oriented, Fun, Respectful, You get what you put in.
Awesome Experience
Office (Current Employee) –  Ritebite Orthodontics27 March 2019
Have had a great time working here. Busy clinics with lots to do and care for the patient always comes first.

Knew from my first interview about the travelling. Not working in the same clinic every day is great.

Self directed hard working people will do well.
Pros
Great hours, fun staff, lots to learn
Cons
Would not have worked here if I could do it all over
Employee (Former Employee) –  Every office14 March 2019
In my 10 years of working in this field, I find RB to be the absolute worst experience that I have had in my career.

-My biggest issue was that I felt that management was not great at giving direction, only there to tell you what you are not doing right. They are not there to set you up for success. They did not have actual people skills and were very condescending.

-The culture was not for me, I often found that there were cliques, and it was a toxic work environment. Friendly ladies but would walk over you to try to move up. High school was not even like this.

-Promises from when I accepted the job offer were not kept. In addition, we had to travel from one office to another all week which was very tiring. An 8 hour work day can easily turn into 11-12hrs when you are doing this. If you have kids then definitely re-think about submitting an application. There is no flexibility.

-They also were not paying as well as other offices in the industry. They hire people with little to no experience and give them low wages.
Cons
Long days, Long commutes between offices, condescending management, low pay
Not recommended!
Former Employee (Former Employee) –  Ontario10 August 2018
I agree with the other reviews and want to add:
-Management talks about “team players” but don’t acknowledge those that truly are team players. Only seem to like the people who are out for themselves.
-poor communication between management and staff, are always on the defense.
-Stress from working with them interferes with non work life.
-Not worth it!
Stay away
Former employee (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 June 2018
- pay is terrible
- management plays favorites
- no recognition
- lots of travel and no compensation
- watched on cameras
- listen in on phones
Pros
Nothing good
Cons
All bad
Don't believe the promises.
team member (Former Employee) –  Ontario22 April 2018
Will keep this short and to the point.
- staff is continuously changing for reasons: management fires often as well as people choosing to leave
- management is abusive, power hungry
- cheap...both with salaries and expenses
- management does not see value in staff, makes poor decisions based on poor input
Pros
nice team members
Cons
too many to list
Horrible work experience with less than professional managment
Office Coordinator/CDAII (Former Employee) –  cambridge, waterloo, Listowel22 April 2014
The offices team was friendly and kind but the staff is overworked and underpaid. They promise benefits and advancements that never happen. They watch the staff on cameras and it feels much more like working in a prison than working for an up standing orthodontic company. The management are harsh with staff and reserve special treatment for only staff they choose to. The companies main focus is making money and not serving patients. they give an excellent customer service review all while being oppressive to staff. They hire staff that are not qualified to work in the dental field and violate the privacy and general work rights of their staff. They offer 30 minute breaks for 10 hour work days and require staff to drive an hour out of town to get to a place of employment without compensation for mileage. The hardest part of working for RiteBite was working to the best of ones ability while getting no credit for it. I would not recommend working here to anyone. The most enjoyable part of this job was the lovely staff.
Pros
having a great office image
Cons
long hours, unpaid lunches, 30 min lunches in 10 hour days, lots of travel no compensation for millage, poor managment, horrible work environment.