RiteBite Orthodontics

RiteBite Orthodontics Employee Reviews

Over Worked and Under Paid

Where do I start?? It's a revolving door and known as such throughout the industry. The only people paid well there are Management and the hygienists who are placed on a pedestal. Hours change weekly and you often get pulled from one location to another. An 8-430 day really means 745- 5 or whenever you get out. You get paid for 8-430 though. You also only get 30 mins unpaid lunch a day while working more than 8 hours . Benefits are a joke since they really are non existent and what you do get comes after 6 months there. Mistakes on your pay happen often and managers take time off your punches/clock ins. Alot of work is expected and demanded with no recognition and poor remuneration. Micro Management at its finest. Mismanaged everyday. Unorganized at the best of times. Unskilled and lack of proper training. High expectations in a rude manner. Was told that they treat their employees like patients... that's sad because their patients and staff deserve to be treated much much better. Cold disconnected owners!

Pros

Funny Staff

Cons

Inconsistent Hours, Over worked and unpaid, Unfairly treating coworkers, Revolving Door, travel to multiple locations without pay for that! Treated poorly, cranky bosses, favourites are played, poorly paid, high pay discrepancies, only mistakes are recognized

9 October 2019
Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry to hear that you did not have a positive experience at Ritebite Orthodontics. We appreciate you taking the time to share your concerns, and welcome you to reach out to our management team so we can hear more.

Micromanagement

Revolving door of staff, unreasonable expectations for assistants and a very toxic environment. A few core staff that have been there for a long time make it almost bearable but in the end I couldn’t deal with management.

Pros

Free lunches for birthdays.

Cons

Micromanagement and unreasonable expectations.

Kindest people

Ritebite is a great corporation with lots of opportunities to learn and receive support between offices. Sarnia Ritebite is such an amazing team to work with. It is a small team that really supports each other and are so encouraging and helpful.

Perfect hours and friendly

Enjoy working with my bosses . The respect you give is always returned. So much energy and fast paced makes us all me on our feet. Friendly staff and understanding bosses

Review

I've been working at Ritebite for over a year and a half now. I love being challenged with new goals each month, and enjoy interacting with patients. My managers are supportive and helpful. Anyone who's a self-starter will succeed (and grow!) at Ritebite.

9 October 2019
Thank you for taking the time to share your Ritebite experience! We're lucky to have you as part of the Ritebite family.

Toxic environment

Company and coworkers were ok but boss was not very nice. She belittled employees to the point of tears more than once and I was only there for 1 year. High employee turnaround, forced participation in gift exchanges, company events etc.

9 October 2019
We want to thank you for your feedback. We're saddened to hear that your work experience at Ritebite was not enjoyable. We strive to create a positive work environment that includes employee fun days, celebrations and recognition for goals achieved. We wish you all the best.

Best Job!

The Sarnia office is a great place to work. The employees are wonderful. We are a family who often do pot lucks etc to celebrate events in each others lives. It is a fun atmosphere with patient care at the heart of what we do. If you care about patients, are willing to work hard, and have a positive attitude this is the place for you.

Pros

Team, Salary, Benefits, Flexible Schedule

Great company for motivated individuals

Ritebite is the ideal work environment for anyone who is motivated. If you have the drive to excel at your work, you will do well at this company. I think people who have a good sense of humour and a positive outlook on life are also a good fit here. Ritebite has three 'teams', serving eight locations. The GTA team rotates between Brampton, Mississauga and Oakville (the last two being only 10 minutes apart from each other). The KW team rotates between Cambridge, Waterloo, Kitchener and Listowel. There is a company van that the staff can use for travel to Listowel, so you don't have to use your own car. The Sarnia team works only in Sarnia. I appreciate working in multiple locations, because it gives a nice change of pace.

Pros

Benefits, no nights or weekend work, fun events.

A Great Place with Great People

Please be mindful that the negative reviews are from past employees who were not a fit and so, have either left of their own accord or were let go (whichever came first). A few comments about some of the points being made: Travel - There is and always has been a very clear expectation set out from the beginning (interview stage) of anyone being hired that travel may be required. If you don't want to do it, you don't have to accept the job. It is not fair to take a job knowing full well that travel may be required and then complain about travel afterwards. Lack of training - Training provided is organized and structured and above all, considerate of the individual's previous experience or lack thereof. The goal is to always set up the individual for success which in turn ensures the team's success. If you didn't take training seriously, and make continuous mistakes, you should be expected to be spoken to. We take a lot of time to train people so please respect our time and the value we provide. Hours - You get paid what you work - ALWAYS. They wouldn't be in business if this were not the case. As for working past the scheduled times, please find me a job that starts and ends at a specified time. And, if you work past the allotted scheduled times, then you are in fact paid for your 'working hours'. Unless that is, you think you should get paid to sit around chatting about your weekend plans which has occurred by most providing these negative reviews. Management - You can't say they don't try to create a fun and positive environment. They are always doing fun monthly team -

Pros

Kind staff, managers and owners, Honest, Caring, High Expectations, Team Oriented, Fun, Respectful, You get what you put in.

Would not have worked here if I could do it all over

In my 10 years of working in this field, I find RB to be the absolute worst experience that I have had in my career. -My biggest issue was that I felt that management was not great at giving direction, only there to tell you what you are not doing right. They are not there to set you up for success. They did not have actual people skills and were very condescending. -The culture was not for me, I often found that there were cliques, and it was a toxic work environment. Friendly ladies but would walk over you to try to move up. High school was not even like this. -Promises from when I accepted the job offer were not kept. In addition, we had to travel from one office to another all week which was very tiring. An 8 hour work day can easily turn into 11-12hrs when you are doing this. If you have kids then definitely re-think about submitting an application. There is no flexibility. -They also were not paying as well as other offices in the industry. They hire people with little to no experience and give them low wages.

Cons

Long days, Long commutes between offices, condescending management, low pay

9 October 2019
Thank you for your feedback. Working at Ritebite does involve travelling between cities, but we are diligent in making this expectation clear from the interview stage. We are sorry to hear that this didn't work out for you. We wish you all the best in your future endeavors.

Not recommended!

I agree with the other reviews and want to add: -Management talks about “team players” but don’t acknowledge those that truly are team players. Only seem to like the people who are out for themselves. -poor communication between management and staff, are always on the defense. -Stress from working with them interferes with non work life. -Not worth it!

Stay away

- pay is terrible - management plays favorites - no recognition - lots of travel and no compensation - watched on cameras - listen in on phones

Pros

Nothing good

Cons

All bad

Don't believe the promises.

Will keep this short and to the point. - staff is continuously changing for reasons: management fires often as well as people choosing to leave - management is abusive, power hungry - cheap...both with salaries and expenses - management does not see value in staff, makes poor decisions based on poor input

Pros

nice team members

Cons

too many to list

Horrible work experience with less than professional managment

The offices team was friendly and kind but the staff is overworked and underpaid. They promise benefits and advancements that never happen. They watch the staff on cameras and it feels much more like working in a prison than working for an up standing orthodontic company. The management are harsh with staff and reserve special treatment for only staff they choose to. The companies main focus is making money and not serving patients. they give an excellent customer service review all while being oppressive to staff. They hire staff that are not qualified to work in the dental field and violate the privacy and general work rights of their staff. They offer 30 minute breaks for 10 hour work days and require staff to drive an hour out of town to get to a place of employment without compensation for mileage. The hardest part of working for RiteBite was working to the best of ones ability while getting no credit for it. I would not recommend working here to anyone. The most enjoyable part of this job was the lovely staff.

Pros

having a great office image

Cons

long hours, unpaid lunches, 30 min lunches in 10 hour days, lots of travel no compensation for millage, poor managment, horrible work environment.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at RiteBite Orthodontics. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.3Job security/advancement