Ritchie Bros.

Ritchie Bros. Pay & benefits reviews: Account Manager

Featured review
Ritchie Bros. selected this as a representative review
RBA is great company to work for. It treats its employees on priority and provides various opportunities. It's great place to learn if you're willing to invest your time.
The job is monotonous and boring. There is clear favouritism and politics within this organization. A lot of the "growth" opportunities are selected prior to the actual job is posted. There are AMs that find loopholes in the system and manipulate the ethical way of performing the job. Nothing will happen to them if they bring in DGP (revenue) to the company. In fact, they will be praised for bringing in the numbers. The meetings and huddles are repetitive and say the same thing over and over again. This company is only about numbers, not developing the individual. Yes, there is growth opportunity but they know who they are hiring before the job is posted. A-lot of "FLUFF" is fed to us daily with the BULL***** the upper management team says. I found certain managers and upper managers liars and truthfully dont know a thing of whats going on or how to bring bring out the best in someone. There is no real coaches or mentors here. Everyone is focused on the dollar in their pocket. Not development. Very disappointing to say the least This is NOT a career opportunity. If you are looking to build your business skills and learn new skills, this place is NOT for you. You can hire a monkey or robot to do this job. Make 100 brainless calls per day and say the same thing over and over again and you'll do alright. This place will lower your IQ by the minute with what you will be doing daily. I would not recommend this job to anyone. Absolutely terrible place to work I currently work here, but hopefully not for long.
Official response from Ritchie Bros.
29 July 2020
We are truly sorry to hear about your experience. As you are likely already aware, at Ritchie Bros we are deeply committed to a process of continuous improvement in order to create the best employment experience for everyone. As such, we will definitely be bringing your concerns forward in order to determine the validity of the points you are making and make improvements to our process whenever necessary. Our business provides a unique environment and while we may not be the right match for everyone, we are committed to developing and rewarding team members that consistently put in the effort required to thrive and succeed. The experience you are describing is very unusual. Our employees consistently tell us that our meritocratic environment rewards their strong performance while offering industry leading benefits, unlimited compensation potential and great work, life balance. We would encourage you to share your concerns with your manager directly or confidentiality with HR so that we can address your concerns and provide you with some options that will help you to improve your experience with us.
Very poor and immature management style. Low base salary and poor commission. Departments don't work together. Management does not really manage nor motivate their team members. Repetitive and boring job. Do not recommend it.
Great company which means well, but room for improvement. Pros: Great company events, free gym, free trainer seminars, great work hour flexibility. Cons: Although it is sold as finance position, it is mostly cold calling and data entry. There is a disconnect between departments which causes confusion and bottleneck leaving the customer with the short end of the stick at times. Lack of support system from management. Daily sales meeting with the same 4 things mentioned every morning. Sales cycle longer than average and the compensation does not make up for the hard work put in.