Rise People Inc.

Rise People Inc. Employee Reviews

Productive and Flexible place to work
Software Developer (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC2 November 2019
The domain Rise People work on is very promising and not many players are looking to provide the whole HRMS+Benefit+Payroll system. The company went through a lot of organizational changes and now is in the right direction.
Key points:
- the people are a really friendly and almost blame-free work environment.
- stocked kitchen and good healthy food are always there in the fridge.
- Company is growing very fast and there are lots of opportunities to learn
challenging yet rewarding with fun culture
Engineering (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC1 November 2019
There is great potential for the product to become the market leader in its domain. The company is growing fast and there is positive change happening in the management side and engineering practices. The people are very friendly and the work-life balance is actually great for a tech startup.
PS: fully stocked kitchen!
Great opportunity to grow
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC31 October 2019
A great group of people, very friendly and collaborative. A lot of demand for the product. Lots to learn. Flexible hours unless you’re in customer support. Great benefits. Fully stocked kitchen. Beer and wine Fridays. Growing fast with new faces every week.
Quick-growing engineering team on an upwards trend
Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC29 October 2019
Since I've joined Rise, a lot has changed on the engineering team. The team is growing quickly and processes/practices are having to catch up to that. While a lot is changing, it definitely feels like things are moving in an upwards trend. Co-workers are smart and fun to be around, and the market opportunity is pretty big. Interesting work, good projects, and the managers care a lot about employee experience and opinions on what should be worked on or improved. Lots of opportunity to own your projects and really define your role.
Fun expanding work place filled with dynamic and talented people.
Implementation Specialist (Current Employee) –  1055 West Georgia Street.29 October 2019
Rise is my first office job. I very much appreciated them giving me an honest interview with ample opportunity to display that, despite not having a background in the field, I could be an excellent addition to their team.

Everyone I work with is incredibly helpful and friendly. It made the process of becoming familiar with the company a very comfortable and understandable process.

I look forward to working at Rise for years to come. It is the best job I've ever had and I would recommend it without a second thought.
Pros
Great people, fun environment, many opportunities for advancement and training. A good job is always recognized.
Worst company i ever seen
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC16 August 2018
I worked at Rise People full-time (Less than a year). Micro management, poor management on top of that. Awful pay. Benefits were standard. Lots of lay offs and a total lack of transparency. Lots of stress, and little reward.
Pros
Cons
Overworked and under paid. Terrible management.
Bad use of Management
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC14 March 2017
High stress, attention to detail, large knowledge base required work environment. All the while, you'll need to work under pressure and be extremely friendly.

The management is poor. You won't be recognized for the great that you do and you'll work under people who aren't doing what their strengths are.

For example, you'll work under some one who has so much knowledge about the product and about payroll, but they are swamped and cannot be your mentor.

Or you'll work in Sales and have no guidance on leads, so you stare off and hope the time passes.

What's amazing, however, are the people that you work with. Make some life long friends and learn a bit about payroll.