Rise People Inc.

Rise People Inc. Employee Reviews

Good place to work if you are out of school salary is very low but you will learn lots and work with some really good people. Always keep hunting for another job because turnover is very high. You also never know what is going on. They have tons of meetings to keep staff informed but don't say a lot. They will let under performers go but sometimes takes months and months while you are having to pull the load. No overtime pay, no time off for OT. OK benefits plan. Nice office.
Engineering manager like to micro manage employees and give unrealistic goal to achieve. Worst manager ever to work with. Some team members are super rude and arrogant. Cut throat culture and no empathy for team members. No job security. The oldest employee who work for this company you can find may be work for 2 years (exception: CTO/CFO etc.). From this statistics you can understand the company culture. No one stays there for long time.
Pros
Good health insurance
Cons
Long hours, Cut throat cultures
I can confidently say that i am learning at a much faster pace here than anywhere else. I have been a part of many instrumental changes here at Rise and I feel that we are moving forward in the right direction. Building a great team is challenging and Rise has risen to the occasion by hiring some smart individuals, capable leaders and that has given their growth a boost. I was nervous that during the COVID pandemic the cracks would start to show but the management handled this with class. There was not a single lay off across the company and they embraced the WFH culture and have instilled confidence in their employees that they come first. The HR space is challenging and every single engineer I have worked with here seems to embrace the challenge. They have a sense of ownership, no-ego and believe in collaboration.
Pros
Great People, Challenging problems to solve everyday, No micro-management, You own your own career at Rise
The company is poorly managed and it starts with their CEO who needs to be in control of everything, yet was rarely around. Most of the management seemed to be afraid of the CEO, and it was obvious to the employees, which really created an almost toxic like environment. It was challenging to get things accomplished or make improvements because no one took action because of this culture. There are some good people working there and hopefully things are changing, but the product isn't that great and the culture and pay we're quite terrible.
I worked remotely, So my experience is biased. If you work in the office you may not enjoy the company as much. The technology needs work but with time I believe it will get better. With a incomplete product, it became difficult to sell.
The domain Rise People work on is very promising and not many players are looking to provide the whole HRMS+Benefit+Payroll system. The company went through a lot of organizational changes and now is in the right direction. Key points: - the people are a really friendly and almost blame-free work environment. - stocked kitchen and good healthy food are always there in the fridge. - Company is growing very fast and there are lots of opportunities to learn
There is great potential for the product to become the market leader in its domain. The company is growing fast and there is positive change happening in the management side and engineering practices. The people are very friendly and the work-life balance is actually great for a tech startup. PS: fully stocked kitchen!
A great group of people, very friendly and collaborative. A lot of demand for the product. Lots to learn. Flexible hours unless you’re in customer support. Great benefits. Fully stocked kitchen. Beer and wine Fridays. Growing fast with new faces every week.
It's very rare for a startup to have a pipeline of new customers waiting to get onboarded. Rise is one of them. This ensures product roadmap is very targeted, and my work generates immediate business value. We have our challenges, just like any other startup, like quickly finding talent to grow the teams and always trying to do more, but that's startup life. One can take that as an opportunity to step up, learn more and grow faster, or wait for others to fix things. The tech team is fun, friendly and forward looking, and we have a lot of interesting and practical business problems to solve. Time spent at Rise has definitely contributed a lot to my professional growth.
Since I've joined Rise, a lot has changed on the engineering team. The team is growing quickly and processes/practices are having to catch up to that. While a lot is changing, it definitely feels like things are moving in an upwards trend. Co-workers are smart and fun to be around, and the market opportunity is pretty big. Interesting work, good projects, and the managers care a lot about employee experience and opinions on what should be worked on or improved. Lots of opportunity to own your projects and really define your role.
Rise is my first office job. I very much appreciated them giving me an honest interview with ample opportunity to display that, despite not having a background in the field, I could be an excellent addition to their team. Everyone I work with is incredibly helpful and friendly. It made the process of becoming familiar with the company a very comfortable and understandable process. I look forward to working at Rise for years to come. It is the best job I've ever had and I would recommend it without a second thought.
Pros
Great people, fun environment, many opportunities for advancement and training. A good job is always recognized.
There is no plan or proper structure for your career advancement. Talked to many people who quit from other departments. They had no advancements in years. Also, everyone is paid below average. The COO called it "the younger generation's sacrifice because they love working so much they don't care about lower pay." That is not verbatim but you can literally look up what she said in an article written about her work at Rise.
Pros
relaxed environment
Cons
stuck in your position and very low pay
I worked at Rise People full-time (Less than a year). Micro management, poor management on top of that. Awful pay. Benefits were standard. Lots of lay offs and a total lack of transparency. Lots of stress, and little reward.
Pros
Cons
Overworked and under paid. Terrible management.
High stress, attention to detail, large knowledge base required work environment. All the while, you'll need to work under pressure and be extremely friendly. The management is poor. You won't be recognized for the great that you do and you'll work under people who aren't doing what their strengths are. For example, you'll work under some one who has so much knowledge about the product and about payroll, but they are swamped and cannot be your mentor. Or you'll work in Sales and have no guidance on leads, so you stare off and hope the time passes. What's amazing, however, are the people that you work with. Make some life long friends and learn a bit about payroll.
  1. Employee reviews