Rio Tinto Employee Review

This company likes to dump its senior workers for those they can get cheaper!
Sr. Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  USA26 December 2012
Worked for this company as a top rated Executive Assistant for approximately 20 years. I had watched this company through the years treat their employees as they got older shabbily. If you are over 45 and especially a woman watch your back they will find a way to get rid of you. Experience means nothing and neither does your knowledge. Myself and two other women in my area were laid off for no apparent reason and when you asked why they could not say it was due to any type of job performance. We had simply become expendable due to our expertise and our salaries. Want experience in your field then work there after you get what you need from them and then move on to a better company.
Pros
family activities
Cons
long hours, no gratitude for job well done, physically demanding, low morale!

Other Rio Tinto Employee Reviews

Great experience
Labour (Former Employee) –  Kitimat, BC19 March 2018
Great contract, well done, good employer, thank you very much for the opportunity at Rio Tinto, it meant a big deal to me

Located in Kitimat BC I would enjoy coming back!

-B
Electrical Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Kitimat, BC22 February 2018
I found it to be an enjoyable place to work. Show up and do your job and it is a good place to work. Kitimat is a beautiful place to live and work..

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Rio Tinto. Our community is ready to answer.