Rinx

Rinx Employee Reviews

Overall I enjoyed my role at Rinx. The hours were good and so was the pay, no benefits of any kind though which is disappointing in this day and age. I must say though it wasn't maintained very well, event staff was quite lazy (didn't clean up as they should etc). The turnaround for staff was a bit crazy. Upper management wasn't very caring to the staff.
if you are looking for a second job, this might be right for you. Minimum wage not enough compensation for tasks required. This business profits off the sweat of its workers.
Underpaid, horrible work conditions, extremley unsafe, almost died at Rinx from an ammonia leak. Not far off from slave labour. Confronting dangerous people who break-in after closing is a daily occurance. Puts extreme stress on your life. Drivers make 30$ an hour everywhere in the country of Canada, except rinx, they want to pay you $14.. they don’t care about you at all. Just extremley greedy people
Rinx in my opinion is a terrible place to work because they are very rude and hard on their staff they definitely don’t pay you enough for all the tasks they ask you to do
Pros
You’d get free food sometimes
Cons
Management was very poor
- always busy - fun place to work - super easy place wot work - very little training needed - team is very family-like - fast paced makes days go by fast
Fun environment to work in but should increase pay to employees. They have amazing food such as pizza, wings, and fries. Management and team members felt like family and were amazing to work with.
the managers don't care about you, but the staff were amazing and always looked out for each other. working at rinx was fun my favorite job to be hones.
Nice office, nice people, good work life balance, I worked here for a year and gained some financial survival experience. I have now moved on from there but they gave me no trouble in leaving. Easy to leave when you have a good reason (Going back to school for completing my passionate studies)
Pros
Nice office space
Cons
Very welcoming atmosphere with a lot of variety for children and parents. The staff are very involved in making your experience one to remember. Management very involved
Pros
food, game options
Cons
cost
Theres never a dull moment! If I go to work in a bad mood, I will always leave with a smile wether its from the kids from the party that I had a great time with or the people that I work with.
very disorganized bosses are very disrespectful dirty place, kitchen is very disorganized and never cleaned, very bad habitat to be working in and very dangerous co-workers dont take their jobs seriously the boss of the place wont acknowledge any of their employees not a very safe place for the employees or customers make us do more then expected for a minimum wage job, should be getting more for what we do no benefits, which there should be
Rinx is a fun filled place with a welcoming atmosphere with friendly staff and co-workers who help each other when needed. There is always something to do and things to duty sheets that need to be complete to ensure that the events run smoothly.
Pros
breaks and free water
Cons
short hours
The many attractions at this place is quite interesting. First time I know now the fundamentals of hockey and the jewish culture.
Pros
lunch time in house restaurant
Cons
management
A typical day at work includes working with customers and employees, setting up and cleaning up party rooms, running parties and guests through various entertaining games and activities, and also socializing with customers, employees and staff throughout the building. Over my years at Rinx I learned that needs of customers and everyone at work are very different and important. Management handles the facility and needs of the workers and customers appropriately. My co-workers are amazing people and are always positive workers. The hardest part of my job would probably be keeping up my stamina with the tiring tasks at work. The most enjoyable part of my job has to be the lively and social environment that I'm constantly involved in, where I get to meet new people on a regular basis.
Pros
Meeting new people, great staff, positive envoronment, secure, and 50% off food and personal parties at Rinx.
Cons
Minimal breaks.
Rinx is not a very good place to work at. the management is not very good they don't care about there workers at all. You get no Benefits working there. It just a bad place to work at
Pros
Tips on partys
Cons
Working at Rinx was very fun. I loved the fact that we would be able to participate in the activities that went on for the day. I also loved that we could share in on special moments such as birthdays.