RimRock Landscaping Employee Reviews

A good place to work
Landscaper/maintenance (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB1 September 2019
They took a chance with me ( being older) than most of the people who work there. I have learned a lot. Easy to talk to about anything,if you have a problem they will try to fix it right away. It’s nice to happy at a job
A fun family feeling company
Lead Carpenter (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB31 July 2018
If your looking for a job with a great owner and family feel to it Rimrock is the place to apply. I worked at Rimrock for 8+ years and not once did I hear the owner yell or swear or even be negative. He always looked for the positive side of every outcome no matter the situation. The leadership of the owner to come to a job site and lend a hand explain in detail or help overcome a obstacle was impressive.
It can be a fast paced work environment with challenges to overcome, but the teamwork of the employees and owner helped me overcome any challenges that I faced and make it a less stressful work environment.
I cannot say enough great things about my experiences at Rimrock. It really feels like a big family there.
Pros
Amazing coworkers and owner, job stability and security, safe and fun, friendly family feeling company
Cons
Outdoor work can be rainy, muddy, hot, cold etc
Very nice company to work and develop a career
Landscape Labourer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB17 May 2018
Really enjoyed to working for Rimrock. Nice company, nothing to complain at all. Way ahead of all the other landscaping companies that I’ve work for, good wages, flexible hours, work mainly week days, work and life balance. As all the companies, there the good guys and those not so good guys but overall the best crew I’ve ever work with. Everybody helps each other, good management and very acessible owner.
Pros
Week days, life balance, good company
Cons
Winter sometimes is tough but good wages thou
Good Company
former employee (Former Employee) –  calgary16 May 2018
Management is all about customer and employee satisfaction. Very good ethics. Company values are great. Great work and home balance. Company is committed to a safe work culture and training.
Pros
Great Management
Cons
Very busy
Great place to work, awesome work life balance
Construction Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB16 May 2018
Nice to work for a growing company.I love having weekends off and I am home each night to be with my kids. This company really cares about my needs and making life outside of work as good as it is at work.
Great team and great culture, it is fun to be a work. People have a really light attitude about things and it makes issues so much better. The boss never swears or yells at me or the crews, which is refreshing especially in construction and the expectations are reasonable.
Trucks are a bit older but equipment is all new, but nice to have an onsite mechanic so things are always working and ready for the company and we don't have down days.
All in all one of the best places I have worked and would recommend it highly to others. Really caring and nice management.
Pros
Great work life balance and good pay
Cons
Growing company so some bumps with new processes
Lack of Loyalty and Respect.
Office Assistant/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB16 April 2018
Was a good company to work for until support and understanding were needed.
Hours and wage were ok, supervisors and crews were easy to work with.
Management made promises and offered a caring and understanding work place and Did Not follow through. When put in difficult decision making or to avoid dealing with conflict Management takes the easy way out and lets you go. Management needs some lessons about dong the right thing and being an Educated Employer with loyalty, honesty and respect for their employees. There is no job security and promises are not kept. Employee reviews are never done.
Pros
Hours are ok
Cons
management is lacking, wage is a bit low and no raises
Good place to work, very enjoyable and good wages.
Estimator (Former Employee) –  Calgary14 March 2018
Nothing to complain at all, so far one of the best companies that I've been working with. I'm at the office, the company is growing and lots of challenges on the way and everybody work as a team to make it happen. Good place to grow and to develop a successful career. If you are hands on, the owner really appreciates you.
By the way, he is the nicest guy ever, very friendly, fair and responsible. Easy to access and always listening what you have to say. I really feel important working for RimRock Landscaping.
Pros
Nice workplace, work only week days, good wages.
poor communication, no direction
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB16 January 2018
Trustworthy starts at the top, open, honest communication should be the utmost priority. Hours are great, pay is good, work itself is ok but a lot of changes so you have to adapt and BE RESPONSIBLE FOR EVERYTHING- EVEN THE THINGS YOU ARE NOT MADE AWARE OF
Pros
wages and hours are good
Cons
no communication
Ok
Employee (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB4 September 2016
I was a bit disappointed with this landscaping company. I thought they'd offer more than the average landscaping company, but they seemed to be just like everyone else.

A typical day at work involved general landscaping maintenance duties, like mowing, trimming, pruning and weeding. I enjoyed having the stability of a weekly routine. I also enjoyed the work hours, about 30 - 45 hours/week.

The hardest part of the job was being understaffed. I was so exhausted by the end of the day that it took all of my willpower just to wake up in the morning.

The best part of the job was having a weekday only schedule (Monday to Friday), with holidays off.

My coworkers were an alright bunch, although some needed a lesson or two in professionalism (and punctuality).

Management had its strengths and weaknesses. I think their main strength was accessibility. If you had an issue, rest assured they'd do their best to take care of it. I felt their main flaw was organization, as some things could have been prioritized more efficiently.

I was hoping to stay with this company for a long time, but nothing seemed to improve so I left.
Pros
Excellent wages, weekends/holidays off
Cons
Understaffed, unorganized, undertrained, repetitive tasks, broken equipment, rude clients
Good (Needs Improvement)
Landscaper (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB21 December 2015
I think this company has a lot of promise as a worthwhile landscaping business for many potential employees. The starting wage is pretty good if you don't have experience, and even better if you do. The hours are more or less predictable, although some overtime is expected in summer (good for the wallet). If it rains or is a very dry month, the hours are reduced (not so good for the wallet). We didn't work many weekends (if at all), and got holidays off.

The administration is always on the ball, and is very organized with paperwork and pay stubs. I think top tier management is great if they're around, but they're pretty busy so we didn't see them often. The immediate supervisor is very enthusiastic and very helpful, although not very accessible...he was often off site and very hard to get a hold of if you needed something. My coworkers were pretty fun to work with, they had decent work ethic and good attitudes.

I was hoping for more weekly variety in my job, but got stuck doing the same repetitive task for months. I wasn't very motivated to do my job unless it involved doing something different. I was promised some more involvement in other things but it never really came to be. We often didn't finish all of our tasks on time because we didn't have enough people or had too many new sites or projects to deal with. The equipment is maintained but at the same time is old and often breaks down or has issues so sometimes people didn't have anything to work with.

I found myself getting the most stress from having to deal with the tenants and residents. I don't know why they
  more... were so grouchy all the time (they're not even supposed to be talking to us, it says so in the contract...). I tried to smile and be nice to them, but all they did was complain...and complain...and complain...yeah, not much thanks in this line of work.

I might work for this company again, but the monotonous tasks and nasty tenants are just enough to turn me off.
Pros
Co-workers, wage, lunch parties
Cons
Old equipment, monotonous work, nasty tenants