Right Time Heating & Air Conditioning
Happiness score is 80 out of 100

Working at Right Time Heating & Air Conditioning: 42 Reviews

Canada42 reviews

Great place to start

Company is a good place to start for anyone looking for a career in Hvac. As long as youre willing to work and learn as much as you can the techs there are willing you teach you.

No Management. Managers Couldn't Care Less.

No management, leadership or role models at all. Leave your ambition at the door when arriving for work or else risk having your hopes crushed when you find out the manager cares more about the score of the hockey game than what is going on at work.

Insights into Right Time Heating & Air Conditioning

What people like
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Fair pay for job
  • Ability to learn new things

great place to work

I enjoyed working here. The staff are very friendly and professional dealing with their clients on a day to basis. I love that fact that the hours are very flexible.

Pros

good salary

Cons

work balance

Challenging yet rewarding place to work, can be stressful at times but it's the nature of the job and overall it's fun and enjoyable. Would recommend working here if you have a high drive.

Amazing company

This is one of the best company’s I have ever worked for, upper management cares about all staff, great work environment and just an all around amazing company

Every branch will be different. But overall great

Can only speak for a branch company at right time. Great work environment, great upper management, and the colleagues are a brotherhood always looking out for each other. Morale is always high. Love working here.

HVAC staff seem happy

but electrical staff are ignored. HVAC staff are asked all the electrical questions. No one listens to the electricians on how to do electrical. If you ask for help, you will not get it because it affects the profit according to management. Management thinks they know it all.Upper management want you to sell sell sell, even if its unnecessary for the customer

Instaler Helper position

Way under paid for thr work they do. $17.60 an hour is outrageous for this position and has to change. They expect you to work in any one of threr locations without notice regardless of your family life. They don't care how long your day is as long as you finish the job.

More cons than pros, work here with the knowledge that you'll likely need a second job.

Before anything, I did have some pros working for right time. Most of the co-workers were great, management was iffy but mostly kind, and the work was exactly as you'd expect if you're familiar with HVAC. You get good benefits too, full coverage on nearly everything I think. But the cons, for my experience, out weight the pros by a long shot. 1. management is not hired from within. It's often that they won't hire anyone from the HVAC trade. I don't know why but this makes things extreamly difficult for installers and service techs. 2. Hours are horrible. Like most trade jobs, Right Time has work and hours when we make sales. No sales, no jobs, no hours. I've had weeks where I'm working 2 days, 3 hours each day. I've had a month where I've earned $800, that's it. It didn't even cover my bills and I had to take on the additional stress of a second job, which is already difficult to swallow because you only get two days off since you can't work afternoons or any set schedule with your second job since the work day can vary. (For me, this was a big con) 3. Leads are a hit and miss if you'll get a good one and management won't do anything if you get a bad one. I was very fortunate, aside from one lead whom I worked with for a day, I had worked with some great leads. They would take the time to teach while we worked, they would answer my questions, and let me work on some of the complex stuff (not that's there's a lot).However, the bad leads are plentiful. From treating helpers like literal dogs whistling at them to come (I'm not kidding and it wasn't in humour), insulting -

Pros

Good benefits

Cons

Bad pay, unpredictable hours, little chance at growth

Like a revolving door. High staff turn over.

Lots of staff turn over. Poor management. Managers play favorites. Expected to work 24/7. ( mainly because can't retain staff) No team environment.

Pros

Not sure I can find any.

Cons

Long hours.

Pretty laid back, with your share of stressful times and some fast-paced work.

You're put through some training right away, to see your compentcy level, some ride-alongs and hands-on work.Quite a few incentives, on-call is worked out pretty good, great bunch to work with. Management is easy to talk to and efforts are made to make things more stream-ligned.

Pros

Union job, pay and incentives are good

Work Here If You Want To Provide Everything From Your Own Pockets & Perform Scripted Sales.

What to say about this place with respect to their sales role other than shocking. It's 100% commission based with a bonus structure which was advertised. I can't comment on the success rate since I never actually performed the job (I retracted my acceptance of the job after I learned more about the job/company). What I can comment on is some of their job offer details which contained some of the most unusual terms I've ever come across. To start, if you leave voluntarily within the first 6 months of work, they expect you to PAY them back for their training costs up to a maximum of $2K! If that's not enough, the company expects that one has their OWN mobile phone working here! They don't even provide a phone but they do provide a monthly $50 reimbursement towards your phone costs. If you like mixing business with pleasure, sure, go ahead & give your personal number to every one out there you'll meet. They say the training is 'remote' yet they STILL expect you to come into their office AND use your OWN personal laptop/computer for business because they don't provide one! Something that I learned AFTER the fact. Why have an office then?! Expect to do more training after a long hard day at the office, in their words for '2-3 hours' each night during training on your own personal time. It's scripted sales with an 8-page document they expect you to memorize to pitch to clients! NO THANKS!

Pros

1. Flexible hours, 2. Benefits (after 3 months).

Cons

1. Voluntarily leave within 6 months & they'll look to recoup their 'paid training' costs, 2. You must apparently provide your own equipment that includes a laptop, 3. Expect to train after you train at your own time/expense, 4. Sripted sales, 5. Flexible hours can lead to long days extending into evenings/weekends & lengthy travels, 6. The company makes you do a 'one-way-video interview' to start (the epitome of lazy hiring).

Great Place for Advancement

Right Time Heating and Air Conditioning is a great place to work. They are continuously growing and there is a lot of room for advancement. They always try to promote within. Everyone works together to meet the goals within the individual centers. If you need help, you can reach out to other locations and they are always willing to assist.

Not just part of the team. You’re a member of the family

From the Coworkers in the field to the Management in the office you are you apart of the family. The compassion and care that is giving makes this place the best place to work for. You are given the tools needed to succeed and the push to accomplish it. The support systems they have insure that everyone can hold their head up high with pride. With an open door policy you never feel alone and always have someone to help you back up if you ever feel down.

Pros

Supportive work environment

The employees I’m working with are great and we work great as a team!

The employees I’ve been working with are great. Great pay, benefits and pension. They allow me to have a flexible work/family schedule. They provide nice company clothing.

Great workplace with considerable growth opportunities

Fast paced workplace where the opportunities for growth, learning, and personal development are nearly limitless. The team is great to work with and very collaborative. Management is supportive and make sure that there is a good work/life balance. Competitive wage and great benefits.

Pros

Good workplace culture, great benefits

Great work environment and amazing management

Great place to work! Usually in an office environment, there are always cliques.. Not here! Everyone gets along. Everyone treats each other like family. Management is amazing. So much support is offered and given. If you need help with anything, management is there helping you. Everyone communicates with one another as a workplace/team should. Daily, I am always learning something new. When I get up for work in the morning, I am excited to go to work and see everyone and learn new things!

Pros

Management, great colleagues, pay, lots of support

Cons

Sometimes long hours

It’s very productive and fun place to work at. Great management and relaxing job. Love being a lead generator

I would recommend to apply for this job. You get to learn new things and the team is great to work with. Friendly staff always there to help each other. This company provides benefits as well. It’s relaxing job. I work 16 hours a week but I love this job

Great Company for Self Development

Great workplace for new opportunities and room for advancement. Paid well and treated well..couldn't ask for more from an employer Bonus plan is great aswell

Pros

Good Pay, Great Bonus Plan, Flexible

Busy and Cooperative Workplace

A typical day is arriving at the shop between 7:30 and 8:00 and going over what needs to be done. Conferring with people in other roles to coordinate the work that needs to be done while loading equipment and material that are needed for the day. Driving to the jobsite and setting up. Getting the work done. Cleaning up then returning to the shop.As with most construction you might have longer days if there is a tough job. Calling the office to ask for assistance where needed is encouraged. It was refreshing to see the office would send assistance (usually a crew member or two that might have had a lighter day or completed work early) if a job was rough instead of leaving you on your own to work late into the evening.There are some frustrations related to having a head office in another province and a call center out of province. Having worked with many large companies I haven't found any that have avoided this pitfall. Atleast local management does what they can to mitigate those sorts of issues.The people I work with are friendly and do their best to help each other out, it is one of the best parts of the job to work with people that will have your back.

Pros

Good wages and benefits

Cons

Occasional long hours, but better than expected for the field of work

Great people and lots of challenges for a competitive person.

As an HCA for the company. I'm respected and rewarded for how hard I work. The Challenges and support are equal. Management is here to support me and is constantly in contact with the staff. The more I work the more I make. This is an extremely successful company and is growing strong.

Pros

Strong support.

Cons

I can get lost in the hours I work.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Right Time Heating & Air Conditioning. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.0 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement