RIGHT CHOICE CAMPS & CATERING Employee Reviews

Great company to work for
Administrative Support (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB7 February 2018
I've been with Right Choice for about 4 years and it is a great place to work. I'm not sure what other reviewers are talking about when they say there is no room for advancement or raises, you just have to apply yourself and show you are willing to move up in the world! There are lots of staff members I know of who have changed positions and advanced within the company. There is plenty of opportunity here. Great place to work, everyone is always smiling and friendly, it's a great atmosphere in my opinion. Oh, and the food is incredible!
Pros
Close knit company - like a great big family, great food, flexible schedules, friendly staff and management
Cons
N/a
My Second Home
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB10 April 2018
Right Choice is the first catering company I have ever worked with and I am happy to currently be a long time employee with them.

I, against my better judgement took a break to try and advance my career with another company only to find myself back with Right Choice and thrilled to be here as the grass was certainly not greener on the other side.

The staff and management is approachable, caring, safety conscious and always putting in the extra effort to ensure the staff and clients are treated with the best service possible.

A hard day's work is rewarded with self satisfaction and positive feedback from clients as well as management.

I have found the company to be accommodating with requested time off and helpful in catering the needs of the employees.

All in all, fantastic company, wonderful staff and an enjoyable place to spend away from home :)
Good
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB29 August 2018
This is a good company with lots of growth potential and office the ability to learn and experience what the business really is. From the office to the field you will see it all.
Love working here
Clerk (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB9 April 2018
I started with this company a little less then a year now . I have always enjoyed my job . Changes happen as like every other camp. I have never seen head office come out to the camps unless they have to however with Right Choice they are there . They don’t just say if you have to talk I’m here and not really be there . Every time I have contacted them for something I always get a fast response . I have advanced since starting with this company . Management is amazing they make the work fun ! I would highly recommend people to apply here . You will love it !
Pros
Honest co workers . Pay . Understanding head office
Cons
Having to leave my little one at home
***Avoid working for this company at all costs***
Client Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Grande Cache, AB18 December 2017
Right Choice has very quickly become one of the worst companies in the industry as far as food, staff and professionalism.

As a current client in one of their so called "executive" camps, it is nearly impossible to have 2 decent meals in a row, a decent bowl of soup, or a clean room.

Cooks and room attendants are inconsiderate, and unprofessional. Camp managers are merely over-priced desk jockeys, who do not attend to any issues or complaints.

The amount of money it costs our company to stay in their facilities is NOT matched by the service or food quality.

If you are a company seeking remote lodging and catering, DO NOT ATTEMPT TO USE RIGHT CHOICE CAMPS! Pass them by and do not look back.

My crew is locked into a one-year contract and we cannot escape it!!
Pros
Newer camps.
Cons
Everything else.
New company finding its way
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB24 September 2016
Great starter company, not much room for advancement or pay.
Great facility manager at my location as well as other staff. Not enough communication from head office allowing workers to know there placement or appreciation.
Pros
benefits pkg
Cons
no pay raise or advancement opportunity
Fun workplace
Camp Attendant (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB15 May 2017
A typical day would be cleaning non stop
Hardest time? The morning.
Most enjoyable part? All of it.
You get timed smoke breaks and can only go for a certain amount
Pros
Free food
Positive Work Environment
HOSPITALITY MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB14 March 2017
Great work environment
Staff and Co Workers awesome and great team work
Professional and Experience Management
Ability to learn a lot of experience within the company
Pros
Little Extras, makes work day fun
great company great quality
1st Cook, Baker, Breakfast Cook (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB3 April 2017
fast paced, long hours and great work family. biggest issues was work life balance but the pay was great but there was very little room for growth. but I would recommend it to others
Management was not the most organized or best to work for
Clerk (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB4 October 2016
I love to work in the camp industry. The people I worked with were great. The managers could have been a little more personable. The wage was comparable to other places.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Poor Management
Love The People
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB5 October 2016
I worked in the warehouse, shipping and receiving anything the camps might now. I learned a lot about the structure of a warehouse and warehouse life. The management are the nicest people to work with. My coworkers are fun and wonderful. The hardest part of the job is when we need to rush huge orders and I don't have additional help. Its great because the work is straightforward and there is a variety of things to do.
Pros
Family Lunches on Thursdays
Cons
Unstable industry
Management says they care but they don't
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB23 October 2017
I have worked for this company for over 2 years and all we got was pay decrease which was never given back to us once they got "busy". Wages are low and staff not appreciated. They do not care what it takes to get you to work (how many hours on a bus etc) as long as they are making money. They love to use the phrase "we will investigate" whenever there are problems...hence this never happens...they choose a side and run with it(they have their favorite staff)...They have different set of rules for different staff..
Friendly work atmosphere = professional attitude
TRUCK DRIVER/SHUTTLE BUS DRIVER (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB2 June 2017
Encouraged to think for yourself: but, the help is always available when you ask for it.Knowledge staff. Would definitely work there again.Teamwork is great. A safe work attitude is stressed and help is available with safety tickets.
Fun and enjoyable workplace
Camp Attendant (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB12 March 2015
Typical day at work started with a morning meeting and delineation of duties. Then would be the maintenance check for the previous night. A review of the reports that came overnight would be conducted and a meeting would be held to discuss the best ways to deal with problems.
Pros
free accomondation and food
Cons
no mobility
enjoyable place to work, along with most staff
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB28 July 2016
great place to work, everyone is always smiling, easy to get along with, very understanding, ive always enjoyed working within the camps, there is always something different to work on, thats the great thing about working in maintenance...
Pros
flights paid
Cons
great people
good working environment
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Alberta2 August 2016
Good company to work for, lots of great employees, new equipment, new challenges, all flights were paid which makes it easier on your pocket book, just an over all great environment to work in........
Pros
flights included
Cons
lack of communication
Very busy production schedule
1st Cook, Baker, Breakfast Cook (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, Fort Mcmurry13 October 2015
Over all a busy place to work. worked in a variety of 300 man camps, relieving the chef and baker with a regular 1st cook position. managing 7-18 staff. placed 2 orders per week to sysco, planed menus, as well as inventory of products. A typical day would consist of a 14 item breakfast, 6 item lunch, 10 item diner and 2300 baked goods. My roll in production would very depending on my postion.
Pros
Free accomidations, Free food, Gym and rec room while on site.
Cons
time away from family