RIGHT CHOICE CAMPS & CATERING

RIGHT CHOICE CAMPS & CATERING Employee Reviews

Canada25 reviews
Overall a good company to work for pay is more than some companies less than others but not to bad. The office staff is very considerate of your personal life and will work with you on having the time off thst you may need.
Love working for this company. Always treated fairly . Always had someone to go to with problems when they came up. Co workers are awesome to work with and help makes the time away from home way easier.
they work with least amount of employees possible, making the job load of the people actually working. not much room for advancement. like most kitchen jobs its a boys club.
It was a very good place of work. The people are nice and love to help each other. The environment is very welcoming and homey. The food they make there is delicate
Right Choice is a great place to work with a wonderful management team. The workplace culture was fantastic with staff feeling like an extended family.
I did not have a positive experience with this company. I have been working in the remote camp setting for 8 years and was treated horrible First of all was told that all new employees would get a mentor to show them the ropes, cause every camp is different. This never happened till my last week at work. The camp chef at the neighbouring camp did my first review which I found weird cause I never worked with the guy. I,got yelled at by a co worker at the top of her lung telling me I had no clue how to do my job and that she was going to report me for being insubordinate for supposedly not listening to her. This happened on the night that our hours were cut from 11 to 8 hours so I was entitled to a three hour break which I never took only took an hour so worked my 11 hrs and only got paid for 8 cause I was too afraid to take a break after she flipped out on me for taking an hour break. To make a long story short I have never been fired from a camp job but one day before I was scheduled to head back to camp I emailed the office and they said they had a shortage of work so I was'nt being placed that week. Two hours later the head of Hospitality calls me to tell me because of reports from the field which he would not disclose the details of he was not going to pursue further employment for me within their company. Good thing I didn't buy my plane ticket to head to camp that day. This is a company who says they care but clearly do not. They pay minimum wage and have outrageous expectations for the rate of pay they are paying their employees. Waste of my time for$16.00hr
They let on that there is years of guaranteed work on contract, but then a shortage of work arises. They lay you off and never call you back. They replace you with someone else even though you've been loyal to their company. Its sickening.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Long hours/rotation, nitpicking, nitpicking, nitpicking
This is a good company with lots of growth potential and office the ability to learn and experience what the business really is. From the office to the field you will see it all.
Right Choice is the first catering company I have ever worked with and I am happy to currently be a long time employee with them.

I, against my better judgement took a break to try and advance my career with another company only to find myself back with Right Choice and thrilled to be here as the grass was certainly not greener on the other side.

The staff and management is approachable, caring, safety conscious and always putting in the extra effort to ensure the staff and clients are treated with the best service possible.

A hard day's work is rewarded with self satisfaction and positive feedback from clients as well as management.

I have found the company to be accommodating with requested time off and helpful in catering the needs of the employees.

All in all, fantastic company, wonderful staff and an enjoyable place to spend away from home :)
I started with this company a little less then a year now . I have always enjoyed my job . Changes happen as like every other camp. I have never seen head office come out to the camps unless they have to however with Right Choice they are there . They don’t just say if you have to talk I’m here and not really be there . Every time I have contacted them for something I always get a fast response . I have advanced since starting with this company . Management is amazing they make the work fun ! I would highly recommend people to apply here . You will love it !
Pros
Honest co workers . Pay . Understanding head office
Cons
Having to leave my little one at home
the only change I find negative is friends of friends is more so this year and lay off is done faster then past years. they staff seemed to care more last year and this year is just the bottom dollar . in the past the company tried to keep people working and this year they offer lay off rather then trying to find you work.
Pros
good pay
Cons
unstable
I've been with Right Choice for about 4 years and it is a great place to work. I'm not sure what other reviewers are talking about when they say there is no room for advancement or raises, you just have to apply yourself and show you are willing to move up in the world! There are lots of staff members I know of who have changed positions and advanced within the company. There is plenty of opportunity here. Great place to work, everyone is always smiling and friendly, it's a great atmosphere in my opinion. Oh, and the food is incredible!
Pros
Close knit company - like a great big family, great food, flexible schedules, friendly staff and management
Cons
N/a
Right Choice has very quickly become one of the worst companies in the industry as far as food, staff and professionalism.

As a current client in one of their so called "executive" camps, it is nearly impossible to have 2 decent meals in a row, a decent bowl of soup, or a clean room.

Cooks and room attendants are inconsiderate, and unprofessional. Camp managers are merely over-priced desk jockeys, who do not attend to any issues or complaints.

The amount of money it costs our company to stay in their facilities is NOT matched by the service or food quality.

If you are a company seeking remote lodging and catering, DO NOT ATTEMPT TO USE RIGHT CHOICE CAMPS! Pass them by and do not look back.

My crew is locked into a one-year contract and we cannot escape it!!
Pros
Newer camps.
Cons
Everything else.
I have worked for this company for over 2 years and all we got was pay decrease which was never given back to us once they got "busy". Wages are low and staff not appreciated. They do not care what it takes to get you to work (how many hours on a bus etc) as long as they are making money. They love to use the phrase "we will investigate" whenever there are problems...hence this never happens...they choose a side and run with it(they have their favorite staff)...They have different set of rules for different staff..
Encouraged to think for yourself: but, the help is always available when you ask for it.Knowledge staff. Would definitely work there again.Teamwork is great. A safe work attitude is stressed and help is available with safety tickets.
A typical day would be cleaning non stop
Hardest time? The morning.

Most enjoyable part? All of it.

You get timed smoke breaks and can only go for a certain amount
Pros
Free food
Cons
fast paced, long hours and great work family. biggest issues was work life balance but the pay was great but there was very little room for growth. but I would recommend it to others
Great work environment
Staff and Co Workers awesome and great team work

Professional and Experience Management

Ability to learn a lot of experience within the company
Pros
Little Extras, makes work day fun
I worked in the warehouse, shipping and receiving anything the camps might now. I learned a lot about the structure of a warehouse and warehouse life. The management are the nicest people to work with. My coworkers are fun and wonderful. The hardest part of the job is when we need to rush huge orders and I don't have additional help. Its great because the work is straightforward and there is a variety of things to do.
Pros
Family Lunches on Thursdays
Cons
Unstable industry
I love to work in the camp industry. The people I worked with were great. The managers could have been a little more personable. The wage was comparable to other places.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Poor Management
Great starter company, not much room for advancement or pay.
Great facility manager at my location as well as other staff. Not enough communication from head office allowing workers to know there placement or appreciation.
Pros
benefits pkg
Cons
no pay raise or advancement opportunity