Right At Home

Canada57 reviews

Clear
2.8Pay & benefits

Found 21 reviews matching the searchSee all 2,983 reviews

Scheduler is kind and approachable

Management is easy to deal with. Scheduler is kind and approachable. This is not the place for those who need more hours of work, but it is good as an extra job.

Pros

Easy job as a vaccinator.

Cons

Not enough hours offered.

Poor Management, Flexible schedule is a LIE!

Think many times before applying! Pay and benefit is good but VERY POOR management! They LIE about the flexibility of the schedule.I was VERY SURPRISED that my schedule’s already made even before i give them my availability and will not cancel the days i told them im not available. I am forced to work on the days im not available as they want me to find a replacement. I DONT HAVE A CHOICE! If i cancelled it a day or two before the schedule i would understand but more than MONTH BEFORE, IS RIDICULOUS!I dont mind working on a weekend but they should also follow the “time i am available” not their chosen time just because they couldnt find someone to work on the weekend. I have told them the reason i can not work nights on weekends that is why when i signed the contract i wrote 3pm-11pm weekends but they SIMPLY IGNORED me. It is not my responsibility to find a replacement on the said “days of work” as i have NEVER AGREED on the time they scheduled me. Im soooo DONE with them. Glad im not working there anymore. NO STRESS and NO WORRIES. IT IS THE MANAGEMENT OF THIS COMPANY THAT NEEDS AN OVERALL CHANGE (HALTON/HAMILTON branch)

Pros

pay and benefits

Cons

Not Flexible schedule, poor management!

I love working with RAH

Great company to work with. Supervisors are respectful and helpful, salary is good, constant training too. You get as many hours as you are able to work. The management team are very polite, respectful and friendly. Even the CEO is so humble and unassuming. The pay is relatively good. Training is always ongoing and they have so many incentives to encourage their workers with. Supervisors and schedulers are very considerate. They are always polite and never rude.i would recommend Right At Home.Ca to anyone looking for a fulfilling Healthcare job.

Pros

Great working environment

Cons

I would have loved a Fulltime permanent employment but there's none

Not so much pro’s.

They don’t offer Benefits. They don’t pay holidays as well. You have long hours shift but their rate is very low especially this time of pandemic. They don’t give a salary increase.

Pros

You get to know different client.

Cons

Long hours. Low rate. No night differential. No holiday pay. No benefits.

Love this company

Nothing could be better than this to work for. Perfect to fit your needs and flexible schedule. Choose your own shifts. Very reliable team always ready to help. Very organized. Good communication and supportive team.

Zero communication

wouldn't answer me on how much benefits cost, didn't recieve I.D. badge, no orientation, no raise or benefits after 400hrs as promised during interview..supporting another agencys clients so RAH job ad with all the perks didn't apply here in Peterborough.

Pros

lots of hrs

Cons

no communication, was basically ignored.

Amazing workplace, very professional and fun to work with.

Management very supportive. Always keep workers safe, meetings every month and company offers courses all the time for future education. Company provides also benefits.

Cons

Sometimes long hours driving

Great management and a very supportive company

This company is the most supportive, appreciative company ive ever worked for. They work around your schedule and needs. It takes a bit of time to build up your clients but management really works hard to get you there. They also pay pandemic pay even though we aren't government funded. I absolutely love what I do and love working for Right at Home :)

Pros

Appreciative management, balance work life, they work to fit you with right clients

Cons

Dont pay mileage

Psw

Very sporadic work. No hours one week and 60 the next week, hard to plan life and budget. Low pay and sometimes clients are an hour away with no mileage or hours paid

19/hr

I just hope they can reorganised the working hours.. i look forward to working more hours to arer for my bills. It's time wasting when you have to drive within many places at intervals. If i have one or two places to work for at least 40hours in a week i will be very glad. The management are very accommodating though.

Enjoyable

I appreciate being able to work part time while also going to school. I was able to pay my rent and necessities without feeling exhausted. Management was helpful and compassionate and the clients were always pleasant.

Meh

Its alright but never enough hours. Plays employee favorites. Pay rate is very low and they dont pay mileage. Hours are so spaced out. Literally have to work every day to get a half decent pay.

The greatest part time job ever

Right At Home is a very professional company & great to work for. They have provided me with regular clients weekly. Same clients every week. They only suggestion I would make is they have not provided wage increases. When quoting to their clients they should allow wage increases for their staff who have work hard within a years time.

No complaints

Supportive staff at head office always help and address concerns. The CEO actually covered a shift over the Xmas holidays. Lots of short or long shifts available at many different hours. They pay less than other companies but a healthy work environment is important.

great employer

This company is really good to work for. They work around your schedule and give you a schedule for a whole month. Sometimes this is hard to work around my other job because i get that schedule every 2 weeks but i like this job better. Cleints are nice and staff is nice. They also have benefits too.

Pros

month long schedule and benefits

Cons

pay not as good as hospital work

Pretty Good Company

This is not a bad company to work for. They have a flex schedule so as long as you submit your availability before the cut off you will not work on the days that you requested. Once schedule is made the shift is yours unless you find someone to take it which is fair. The girls in the office are very nice and work well with you. The shifts are always more then 2 hours so you are not hoping around everywhere. I left to go back to school but will return next summer.

amazing company

very nice employers great to work with very accommodating only downfall is it is on call and very few hours as well as short notice clal ins usually take it or leave it.

Great Place To Work

I work here and so far find it one of the best employers I have worked for. I have my schedule for the next month always in advance which is great so I can plan my weekends, work consistently with the same client so I can build better relationships. I get paid $16.50 plus vacation and I have benefits. The other company I worked for didnt offer benefits even when I was full time, so I left and am only with Right at Home now. The girls in the office are amazing, always willing to help me out when I need it. They will offer me as many hours as I want, or don't want. They offer online courses and some in the office to.

Pros

Benefits, month schedule, nice people

Cons

some difficult clients, some times they call me about more hours then i want

rewarding job

Great team and a rewarding job, great boss, good hours, rewarding job to have, lots of people work with this company with all kinds of skills. Glad to be working there.

Pros

rewarding

Cons

no benefits

Great starter job!

I worked here when I was in school for practical nursing. This company works around your schedule, while ensuring that you get the hours you want and need!

Assisting the elderly for daily living

Compatenate, digntiy, confidentiality, safety and Security, nutrition ,these are main reasons for me. Currently working part time for other place .

Pros

Free coffee

Cons

Maximum hours 8 hrs In a day

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Right At Home. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.8