Right At Home

Right At Home Employee Reviews for Support Worker

Support Worker13 reviews
Canada13 reviews

Found 13 reviews matching the searchSee all 2,980 reviews

This co is alright to work for but not clients for the amt of people hired I think Not enough locations outside the city in rural areas Don’t get paid for travel time I live 40 mins from the city and only offered 3-4 hrs shifts on the other side

Pros

Cons

Not enough hrs

Not a good company

They promise you things they can't provide they do not pay mileage they do not pay for a lot of things they will try to pay you the minimum amount they can they are very accusatory when speaking to you and try to bribe you into doing things. If you do not agree to do a shift they will sit there and literally beg on the phone for you to pick up a shift which makes you feel obligated w which makes people uncomfortable

Pros

PPE provided

Cons

Bad management and scheduling

Lovely caring workplace.

Right at Home offered hands on training in bedcare lifts and transfers.It was great if your skills need refreshing. It was a very caring and attentive to employees atmosphere. I would have liked a few more hours.

Pros

Great people to work with.

Cons

Not enough hours.

No stable schedule / no hours

It’s almost pointless applying to this place I applied to at least get 25 hours a week the most I had is one or 2 client at a time working 10 hours a week. Whenever I would ask a question about wage/ programs nobody could ever awnser my questions there is no HR it’s very unclear of who is in charge of what. I’ve referred friends to help the company out but they found a lot of the same issues and would leave. It’s funny because they always act like they have a lot of opportunities to get you in then once your in they don’t they just want to use you for a client or two. Also clients can be taken from you at any time if there care ends. No communication. No follow up. You just feel used when they need someone

Pros

Kind staff

Cons

No communication guidelines or hours

I luv the flexibility, company values

Lots of people think home care is like working a nursing home. It is so different. I like to care for 1 or 2 people and great opportunity to help keep them home. I luv that I can be flexible in my schedule. Some days I see many clients throughout the day and evening, maybe the next day is 12 hours and another day off. I like the variety. I travel with clients and luv to be a support like not just personal care but help with meal, housekeeping and listen to their history. They are all so different. Some may smoke or have pets but you can say no that you can't work with that and office team says okay and wants to match you with right clients for you. Lots of extra training they offer too. Best part of day is seeing the smile - worse part is when you have to leave. This is a great job for me because we have time with clients to give them and not rush them. Office treats you like family.

Pros

flexible schedule work with just one or two clients at a time.

Psw

Very sporadic work. No hours one week and 60 the next week, hard to plan life and budget. Low pay and sometimes clients are an hour away with no mileage or hours paid

Enjoyable

I appreciate being able to work part time while also going to school. I was able to pay my rent and necessities without feeling exhausted. Management was helpful and compassionate and the clients were always pleasant.

Meh

Its alright but never enough hours. Plays employee favorites. Pay rate is very low and they dont pay mileage. Hours are so spaced out. Literally have to work every day to get a half decent pay.

So exciting to work with the company

I enjoyed every minute working at Right At Home for the atmosphere was so conducive. The team members were very co-operative and the management team was wonderful.

amazing company

very nice employers great to work with very accommodating only downfall is it is on call and very few hours as well as short notice clal ins usually take it or leave it.

Great starter job!

I worked here when I was in school for practical nursing. This company works around your schedule, while ensuring that you get the hours you want and need!

Good Company

I am presently working and I can say that I am satisfied, Mnagement are good and always communicate with the staff and clients. My co workers are cooperative to concerns are properly addressed.

A great place to work.

I have extremely kind and caring management who provide great care for not only their clients but their staff as well. Provides courses to help me provide the best care for my clients. Excellent staff to work with and great clients. I enjoy going to work each day and go in feeling very confident and that I have great support behind me everyday!

Pros

everything stated above

Cons

not enough hours!!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Right At Home. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.8