Right At Home

Right At Home Employee Reviews for Caregiver

Caregiver13 reviews
Canada13 reviews

Found 13 reviews matching the searchSee all 3,087 reviews

Productive work place with friendly office staff

Right at Home was good at listening to availability and complying with said hours. They do not pay for travel costs, benefits were never offered to part time employees, and there was a lot of resistance when needing a shift covered. RAH is a good starter job or added casual employment but not a good place to stay for an extended amount of time.

Pros

Sends gifts/care packages, flexible hours

Cons

Far travel, no shift coverage support

Wish they had company benefits or union environmentDifferent views of careI dont agree with not get paid overtime or. Any health care benefitsThey change at their discretion

Productive and Educational work Place

A good place to work at with good management and caring co-workers and supervisors. The most enjoyable part of the job was caring for elderly people who needed this.

Pros

Supportive staff

Cons

Short shifts

Love this company

Nothing could be better than this to work for. Perfect to fit your needs and flexible schedule. Choose your own shifts. Very reliable team always ready to help. Very organized. Good communication and supportive team.

Unprofessional

The location I was assigned too is constantly short staffed. Management will not support you but will rather verbally attack you when you don't complete the job of 3+ people on your own. I ended up needing to move on after a fairly short time in the position due to burn out. They have no problem with overworking their staff if it means more clients. I only recommend if you desperately need a job and are struggling to find work. They completed a phone interview with me and hired me without telling me. They considered me an employee 4 days before I realized it myself. Yes it was unprofessional but it was a quick job to get.

Pros

Control your availability

Cons

Quick burn out

Team works together to problem solve.

Every since joining the Right at Home team, I have gained more confident and experience, through interactions with each and every visit. Learning what it means to be a caregiver.

Pros

Interaction with other team members

Cons

Hours can decrease

Zero communication

wouldn't answer me on how much benefits cost, didn't recieve I.D. badge, no orientation, no raise or benefits after 400hrs as promised during interview..supporting another agencys clients so RAH job ad with all the perks didn't apply here in Peterborough.

Pros

lots of hrs

Cons

no communication, was basically ignored.

Amazing workplace, very professional and fun to work with.

Management very supportive. Always keep workers safe, meetings every month and company offers courses all the time for future education. Company provides also benefits.

Cons

Sometimes long hours driving

Great management and a very supportive company

This company is the most supportive, appreciative company ive ever worked for. They work around your schedule and needs. It takes a bit of time to build up your clients but management really works hard to get you there. They also pay pandemic pay even though we aren't government funded. I absolutely love what I do and love working for Right at Home :)

Pros

Appreciative management, balance work life, they work to fit you with right clients

Cons

Dont pay mileage

Supportive and positive work culture

I have worked with Right at Home since 2019. The work culture has been positive and supportive. I like how you get to meet the client and family before providing care needs to see if its the right fit. There is always new skills to learn on the job and always trained to be successful. The schedule is very flexible as well.

Pros

positive work environment, wages, flexibilit, supportive team

19/hr

I just hope they can reorganised the working hours.. i look forward to working more hours to arer for my bills. It's time wasting when you have to drive within many places at intervals. If i have one or two places to work for at least 40hours in a week i will be very glad. The management are very accommodating though.

The greatest part time job ever

Right At Home is a very professional company & great to work for. They have provided me with regular clients weekly. Same clients every week. They only suggestion I would make is they have not provided wage increases. When quoting to their clients they should allow wage increases for their staff who have work hard within a years time.

Don't care much about employees

This company does not care about its employees. I never had an issue with the company it is because I am a very careful employee. However, there were many of my co-worker having issues with the company with no fault coming from them.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Right At Home. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.0 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement