Right At Home

Right At Home Employee Reviews

Found 54 reviews matching the searchSee all 2,918 reviews

Scheduler is kind and approachable

Management is easy to deal with. Scheduler is kind and approachable. This is not the place for those who need more hours of work, but it is good as an extra job.

Pros

Easy job as a vaccinator.

Cons

Not enough hours offered.

Poor Management, Flexible schedule is a LIE!

Think many times before applying! Pay and benefit is good but VERY POOR management! They LIE about the flexibility of the schedule.I was VERY SURPRISED that my schedule’s already made even before i give them my availability and will not cancel the days i told them im not available. I am forced to work on the days im not available as they want me to find a replacement. I DONT HAVE A CHOICE! If i cancelled it a day or two before the schedule i would understand but more than MONTH BEFORE, IS RIDICULOUS!I dont mind working on a weekend but they should also follow the “time i am available” not their chosen time just because they couldnt find someone to work on the weekend. I have told them the reason i can not work nights on weekends that is why when i signed the contract i wrote 3pm-11pm weekends but they SIMPLY IGNORED me. It is not my responsibility to find a replacement on the said “days of work” as i have NEVER AGREED on the time they scheduled me. Im soooo DONE with them. Glad im not working there anymore. NO STRESS and NO WORRIES. IT IS THE MANAGEMENT OF THIS COMPANY THAT NEEDS AN OVERALL CHANGE (HALTON/HAMILTON branch)

Pros

pay and benefits

Cons

Not Flexible schedule, poor management!

I love working with RAH

Great company to work with. Supervisors are respectful and helpful, salary is good, constant training too. You get as many hours as you are able to work. The management team are very polite, respectful and friendly. Even the CEO is so humble and unassuming. The pay is relatively good. Training is always ongoing and they have so many incentives to encourage their workers with. Supervisors and schedulers are very considerate. They are always polite and never rude.i would recommend Right At Home.Ca to anyone looking for a fulfilling Healthcare job.

Pros

Great working environment

Cons

I would have loved a Fulltime permanent employment but there's none

Not so much pro’s.

They don’t offer Benefits. They don’t pay holidays as well. You have long hours shift but their rate is very low especially this time of pandemic. They don’t give a salary increase.

Pros

You get to know different client.

Cons

Long hours. Low rate. No night differential. No holiday pay. No benefits.

Not a good company

They promise you things they can't provide they do not pay mileage they do not pay for a lot of things they will try to pay you the minimum amount they can they are very accusatory when speaking to you and try to bribe you into doing things. If you do not agree to do a shift they will sit there and literally beg on the phone for you to pick up a shift which makes you feel obligated w which makes people uncomfortable

Pros

PPE provided

Cons

Bad management and scheduling

Love this company

Nothing could be better than this to work for. Perfect to fit your needs and flexible schedule. Choose your own shifts. Very reliable team always ready to help. Very organized. Good communication and supportive team.

Lovely caring workplace.

Right at Home offered hands on training in bedcare lifts and transfers.It was great if your skills need refreshing. It was a very caring and attentive to employees atmosphere. I would have liked a few more hours.

Pros

Great people to work with.

Cons

Not enough hours.

best place to work

I'm working with RAH from 2019.its always great to be part of this family. very employee oriented, supportive and accessible company. I would 100% recommend you to join especially Hamilton area that's where I work and never had single complaint about anything all you need to be true and honest to your job. I'm PSW now going to be RN soon and don't have to worry about looking for work can join RAH as RN once I have my license. They will support you all possible ways. I'm grateful to be part of this organization.😊

Pros

24n7 support, cooperative team, relabel and easy to access.

Cons

don't know any.

No stable schedule / no hours

It’s almost pointless applying to this place I applied to at least get 25 hours a week the most I had is one or 2 client at a time working 10 hours a week. Whenever I would ask a question about wage/ programs nobody could ever awnser my questions there is no HR it’s very unclear of who is in charge of what. I’ve referred friends to help the company out but they found a lot of the same issues and would leave. It’s funny because they always act like they have a lot of opportunities to get you in then once your in they don’t they just want to use you for a client or two. Also clients can be taken from you at any time if there care ends. No communication. No follow up. You just feel used when they need someone

Pros

Kind staff

Cons

No communication guidelines or hours

Informative and rewarding

It's a place I am much appreciated, valued and respected. Great team spirit with my colleagues and supervisors. The pay is better comparing to other home care services. I am very comfortable and this is the kind of job I want.

Pros

I work when i want to work.

Excellent to grow your skills and learning opportunity

Right At Home has an excellent work environment and very friendly. They treat you as family. The educational training and on site support is always available.

Very unprofessional

Horrible follow up after interviews. Will not respond to calls or emails when they said they would. Very unprofessional to tell you are the most qualified candidate and then not respond to any communication after 3 interviews.

Unprofessional

The location I was assigned too is constantly short staffed. Management will not support you but will rather verbally attack you when you don't complete the job of 3+ people on your own. I ended up needing to move on after a fairly short time in the position due to burn out. They have no problem with overworking their staff if it means more clients. I only recommend if you desperately need a job and are struggling to find work. They completed a phone interview with me and hired me without telling me. They considered me an employee 4 days before I realized it myself. Yes it was unprofessional but it was a quick job to get.

Pros

Control your availability

Cons

Quick burn out

Disorganized and chaotic work place

No formal training provided. Management spread too thin. Continuously asked to work outside of your availability and contract. Management more concerned about signing new contracts and filling recruitment than hiring caregivers and office staff with proper ability and qualifications to fill their role creating a stressful “Revolving door” workplace environment. Management most unprofessional, disorganized and dishonest.Do not set yourself up for this kind of stress and disappointment.

Team works together to problem solve.

Every since joining the Right at Home team, I have gained more confident and experience, through interactions with each and every visit. Learning what it means to be a caregiver.

Pros

Interaction with other team members

Cons

Hours can decrease

Zero communication

wouldn't answer me on how much benefits cost, didn't recieve I.D. badge, no orientation, no raise or benefits after 400hrs as promised during interview..supporting another agencys clients so RAH job ad with all the perks didn't apply here in Peterborough.

Pros

lots of hrs

Cons

no communication, was basically ignored.

Amazing workplace, very professional and fun to work with.

Management very supportive. Always keep workers safe, meetings every month and company offers courses all the time for future education. Company provides also benefits.

Cons

Sometimes long hours driving

Great management and a very supportive company

This company is the most supportive, appreciative company ive ever worked for. They work around your schedule and needs. It takes a bit of time to build up your clients but management really works hard to get you there. They also pay pandemic pay even though we aren't government funded. I absolutely love what I do and love working for Right at Home :)

Pros

Appreciative management, balance work life, they work to fit you with right clients

Cons

Dont pay mileage

This co is alright to work for but not clients for the amt of people hired I think Not enough locations outside the city in rural areas Don’t get paid for travel time I live 40 mins from the city and only offered 3-4 hrs shifts on the other side

Pros

Cons

Not enough hrs

Poor Attitude in this company

As a past employee, i found that no one does anything when an issue is brought to their attention. Just sweeps in under the rug. The owners of the Halton area are not nice people. They make you feel like you are worthless despite the smiles on their faces.

Pros

flexible schedule

Cons

poor pay, attitudes from management etc

Supportive and positive work culture

I have worked with Right at Home since 2019. The work culture has been positive and supportive. I like how you get to meet the client and family before providing care needs to see if its the right fit. There is always new skills to learn on the job and always trained to be successful. The schedule is very flexible as well.

Pros

positive work environment, wages, flexibilit, supportive team

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Right At Home. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

1.2K