Right At Home
Happiness score is 68 out of 100

Working at Right At Home: Employee Reviews

Found 3,131 reviews matching the searchSee all 3,132 reviews

Productive work place with friendly office staff

Right at Home was good at listening to availability and complying with said hours. They do not pay for travel costs, benefits were never offered to part time employees, and there was a lot of resistance when needing a shift covered. RAH is a good starter job or added casual employment but not a good place to stay for an extended amount of time.

Pros

Sends gifts/care packages, flexible hours

Cons

Far travel, no shift coverage support

didn't enjoy my experience.

Pay was terrible for the extensive amount of work that's required for this type of job. employees were not friendly. company was not understanding when there was a family emergency.

Insights into Right At Home

What people like
  • Supportive environment
  • Energizing work tasks
  • Ability to meet personal goals
Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging

Great company to work for

Great company to work for. Very friendly, supportive management. I could call the office any time and always had immediate required support. Negotiable on hours. Lovely clients 🙂

Hardworking but collaborative team

Tough recruitment process but once you're through the team is friendly and welcoming. You can pick up processes quickly and will feel supported at all times.

It's okay

The team were nice and friendly, however they barely rostered people and when I was rostered my shifts were extremely short. For example they expected me to drive 30 minutes for a 2 hour shift.

Pros

Pay

Cons

Short hours

Was okay but definitely room for improvemnt

Company was awesome to work for when i first started , then it changed after the first year in the dynamics i feel they got big too quickly. There was no work life balance.

Phenomenal Work Family

They are organized, kind, understanding and truly work to the interest of the patient and the employee. They show appreciation for their staff and management works together to keep things running smoothly. It is truly a pleasure working with Right At Home.

If I could have a do over, I'd pass

Definitely wasn't worth the time or money working there. definitely wasn't paid well. No real compassion for caregivers and what's going on in their personal lives. they put on a good show throughout the interview and " training " process.

It’s a good job but not long term

It’s an easy job, if you have an easy client. Not many benefits, no real way to move up. Pay is a little low for what’s expected of you. Management is super flexible and super nice people

Great company with caring approachable management

I love my job! Having never worked in care before, I was very nervous however I had no reason to be. From first contact everyone I dealt with was so friendly and welcoming. The interview was relaxed, the training was easy to understand but thorough and scheduled around my commitments. Before going out on my own I shadowed an experienced carer who introduced me to the clients and showed me the ropes. Once going out on my own if I had any concerns or worries then all I had to do was pick up the phone and there was endless amount of support waiting for me. As a busy mum of 3 I couldn’t ask for a more supportive, understanding management team. Nothing is ever made to feel like it’s too much trouble. The supervisors and other carers are friendly, approachable and supportive. Knowing that I get to spend my days making a difference in people’s lives is so rewarding and makes me proud to do my job.

Pros

Flexibility, fantastic support network

Awful place to work!

They do not care about their employees. This company is all about making a profit. I do not recommend working here. They pay you the minimal amount they can get away with and will work you to death!

You will be a temp

They have you working with 5-6 Patients by yourself and they pay is horrible and the Agency takes a cut and they call you non stop even after you tell them that you cannot work weekends they try to force you

Very nice place to work for management is caring even the owner is a very caring.

I enjoyed working for right at home. Did very kind and understanding when my husband was sick and I couldn’t work certain hours they worked around my schedule when I needed more hours they worked hard to get me more hours. They’re very caring. If I was in better health I would have loved to work for them again. A great company to work for.

Pros

I work the hours I want, I work the days I want, I can pick my own clients, and how far I want to drive

Cons

Cons our pay was a little low, Sometimes they lose jobs really far away, but that’s not right at home school

Self fulfilling

If you enjoy helping others and getting joy from knowing you are making a difference in their lives then this is for you! I do think pay should be more because of some of the day to day things you have to deal with but sometimes money isn’t everything!

Great management

It’s a great company with great managers and the owner is great and easy to talk to. They offer PTO! They have all shifts! And they are easy to communicate with

Excellent company to work for, I would recommend them to anyone who was thinking of becoming a domiciliary Carer

I can't sat how lovely [email protected] is to work for. The office staff and Directors are brilliant. Always at the end of the phone and fully supportive. Excellent communication. They really are a fantastic group of people

Positive

I never worked for a company so great, they listen to you and make you feel important, communicate very well, they just treat you like a human and a lot of companies nowadays don’t do that.

Fun place flexible schedule

Work with what days and hours work with you. Try find you a patient near by. Very kind and professional people in the office. Defiantly recommend if you like home care. Nothing like taking care of someone in their own home in their safe place

Pros

Awesome management, flexible schedule

Cons

Never know if you’ll get a set schedule depends on patients

Hard work and stressful at times but highly worth it.

It takes a lot of patience and dedication to do this line of work. You’re up at the crack of dawn to the late hours of the day. While working with an elderly can prove to be challenging, it also has its rewards.

I’ve worked for RAH caledon/newmarket since 2019 and I still love it 😊great management, easy going, can create your own schedule, wage increase opportunities.

Decent Job

A lot of stress and responsibility for average pay! Being on call was the worst - the stipend was not worth the mandatory on call you basically get NO sleep!

Official response from Right At Home

8 June 2022
Thank you so much for recognizing the hard work the Right at Home team puts in every day. Your satisfaction is a top priority and we love hearing from you. We are so glad you had such an exceptional experience. Thank you!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Right At Home. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.0 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement