Right At Home
Coronavirus update
Information from Right At Home:

Right At Home Employee Reviews

Canada35 reviews
This co is alright to work for but not clients for the amt of people hired I think Not enough locations outside the city in rural areas Don’t get paid for travel time I live 40 mins from the city and only offered 3-4 hrs shifts on the other side
Pros
Cons
Not enough hrs
As a past employee, i found that no one does anything when an issue is brought to their attention. Just sweeps in under the rug. The owners of the Halton area are not nice people. They make you feel like you are worthless despite the smiles on their faces.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
poor pay, attitudes from management etc
i have been with the company a year, management not for good and very disorganized, always a long commute, seems to just want to increase clients hours to get more pay
Pros
being able to getting to know a client
Cons
pay is not very good
I have worked with Right at Home since 2019. The work culture has been positive and supportive. I like how you get to meet the client and family before providing care needs to see if its the right fit. There is always new skills to learn on the job and always trained to be successful. The schedule is very flexible as well.
Pros
positive work environment, wages, flexibilit, supportive team
Lots of people think home care is like working a nursing home. It is so different. I like to care for 1 or 2 people and great opportunity to help keep them home. I luv that I can be flexible in my schedule. Some days I see many clients throughout the day and evening, maybe the next day is 12 hours and another day off. I like the variety. I travel with clients and luv to be a support like not just personal care but help with meal, housekeeping and listen to their history. They are all so different. Some may smoke or have pets but you can say no that you can't work with that and office team says okay and wants to match you with right clients for you. Lots of extra training they offer too. Best part of day is seeing the smile - worse part is when you have to leave. This is a great job for me because we have time with clients to give them and not rush them. Office treats you like family.
Pros
flexible schedule work with just one or two clients at a time.
This company doesn’t realize what they have in their employees, and keep covered if you display any sense of unwellness yourself. The only thing they care about is the money, how they look to their stakeholders, and covering their own butts by throwing “it” on you. After bringing numerous client concerns forward and them being ignored- it became more than apparent. The clients, caregivers, and coordinators are the greatest part of this company. Too bad they get burnt out so quick because the company just doesn’t care as long as that money is coming in.
They have a lot of clients They do give enough information/report regarding the client you are going to have to be able to plan your care. They are always available for assistance if needed.
Very sporadic work. No hours one week and 60 the next week, hard to plan life and budget. Low pay and sometimes clients are an hour away with no mileage or hours paid
Home care clients are wonderful staff is wonderful team work for sure. I would recommend anyone who is caring and want full time hours this is place for you
Pros
Light work load
Cons
I just hope they can reorganised the working hours.. i look forward to working more hours to arer for my bills. It's time wasting when you have to drive within many places at intervals. If i have one or two places to work for at least 40hours in a week i will be very glad. The management are very accommodating though.
I appreciate being able to work part time while also going to school. I was able to pay my rent and necessities without feeling exhausted. Management was helpful and compassionate and the clients were always pleasant.
Right at home is a good and fun place to work. The management always willing to listen and assist. I enjoyed working there, right at home is a very all-inclusive place, no racism or favoritism
Pros
Care like family
Cons
havent seen any
Its alright but never enough hours. Plays employee favorites. Pay rate is very low and they dont pay mileage. Hours are so spaced out. Literally have to work every day to get a half decent pay.
I enjoyed every minute working at Right At Home for the atmosphere was so conducive. The team members were very co-operative and the management team was wonderful.
Very rewarding job helping others.Management is friendly and welcoming.Eager to make sure staff and customers are happy and being looked after.I have had a positive experience working in housekeeping for Right at Home in chilliwack.Highly recommend this employer.
Right At Home is a very professional company & great to work for. They have provided me with regular clients weekly. Same clients every week. They only suggestion I would make is they have not provided wage increases. When quoting to their clients they should allow wage increases for their staff who have work hard within a years time.
Supportive staff at head office always help and address concerns. The CEO actually covered a shift over the Xmas holidays. Lots of short or long shifts available at many different hours. They pay less than other companies but a healthy work environment is important.
This company is really good to work for. They work around your schedule and give you a schedule for a whole month. Sometimes this is hard to work around my other job because i get that schedule every 2 weeks but i like this job better. Cleints are nice and staff is nice. They also have benefits too.
Pros
month long schedule and benefits
Cons
pay not as good as hospital work
This is not a bad company to work for. They have a flex schedule so as long as you submit your availability before the cut off you will not work on the days that you requested. Once schedule is made the shift is yours unless you find someone to take it which is fair. The girls in the office are very nice and work well with you. The shifts are always more then 2 hours so you are not hoping around everywhere. I left to go back to school but will return next summer.
very nice employers great to work with very accommodating only downfall is it is on call and very few hours as well as short notice clal ins usually take it or leave it.
For the most part a typical in home PSW care job, the transportation side is also interesting. You get to meet and assist a lot of interesting people and the work is rewarding. however, it is sometimes difficult to get hours and the wage could be a little better.
Pros
Meeting interesting people
Cons
Not enough hours