Right at Home Canada Employee Reviews

great employer
psw (Current Employee) –  oakville burlington19 October 2018
This company is really good to work for. They work around your schedule and give you a schedule for a whole month. Sometimes this is hard to work around my other job because i get that schedule every 2 weeks but i like this job better. Cleints are nice and staff is nice. They also have benefits too.
Pros
month long schedule and benefits
Cons
pay not as good as hospital work
Pretty Good Company
PSW Student (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON16 August 2018
This is not a bad company to work for. They have a flex schedule so as long as you submit your availability before the cut off you will not work on the days that you requested. Once schedule is made the shift is yours unless you find someone to take it which is fair.
The girls in the office are very nice and work well with you. The shifts are always more then 2 hours so you are not hoping around everywhere. I left to go back to school but will return next summer.
amazing company
Personal Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ON16 July 2018
very nice employers great to work with very accommodating only downfall is it is on call and very few hours as well as short notice clal ins usually take it or leave it.
Relaxed team of care providers with good hearts.
PSW/Nursing Student (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON17 April 2018
For the most part a typical in home PSW care job, the transportation side is also interesting. You get to meet and assist a lot of interesting people and the work is rewarding. however, it is sometimes difficult to get hours and the wage could be a little better.
Pros
Meeting interesting people
Cons
Not enough hours
Great Place To Work
PSW (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON9 April 2018
I work here and so far find it one of the best employers I have worked for. I have my schedule for the next month always in advance which is great so I can plan my weekends, work consistently with the same client so I can build better relationships. I get paid $16.50 plus vacation and I have benefits. The other company I worked for didnt offer benefits even when I was full time, so I left and am only with Right at Home now. The girls in the office are amazing, always willing to help me out when I need it. They will offer me as many hours as I want, or don't want. They offer online courses and some in the office to.
Pros
Benefits, month schedule, nice people
Cons
some difficult clients, some times they call me about more hours then i want
Needed more secure hrs
Health Care Aide (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON29 June 2017
I found home care was much better for elderly depending on help at home but hrs were all over place and worked 7 days a week. I'd start at 6am till 9 then 12 till 4 then 7 till 10 so took my whole day up making it much longer. Aswell as I didn't sign up to clean up after animals more then I did for my own client. .3 huge dogs took lots of my time bc in winter so had to clean everytime they went out and they soaked the floors. Couldn't get much done bc mist of time I catered to dogs
Pros
Not enuff hrs
Cons
Long days
Great starter job!
Personal Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON19 April 2017
I worked here when I was in school for practical nursing. This company works around your schedule, while ensuring that you get the hours you want and need!
Good Company
RPN /Personal Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Burlington, ON12 March 2017
I am presently working and I can say that I am satisfied, Mnagement are good and always communicate with the staff and clients. My co workers are cooperative to concerns are properly addressed.
A great place to work.
Personal Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Guelph, ON30 September 2015
I have extremely kind and caring management who provide great care for not only their clients but their staff as well. Provides courses to help me provide the best care for my clients. Excellent staff to work with and great clients. I enjoy going to work each day and go in feeling very confident and that I have great support behind me everyday!
Pros
everything stated above
Cons
not enough hours!!
Assisting the elderly for daily living
Psw (Current Employee) –  Hamilton20 August 2015
Compatenate, digntiy, confidentiality, safety and

Security, nutrition ,these are main reasons for me.

Currently working part time for other place .
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
Maximum hours 8 hrs In a day