Rider Levett Bucknall Employee Reviews

great company
temp (Former Employee) –  Birmingham City Centre, West Midlands25 January 2019
loved working here, learnt new things and trained on work i never thought i would, fantastic place and people.
put faith in me to train without the qualifications normally needed.
worked from home over christmas
Pros
everything
They have a very important clients
Assistant Project Manager/Project Engineer (Former Employee) –  Austin, TX25 September 2018
I worked for RLB from December 2015 through March 2018. During that period of time I learned a lot about permits in the US and hospitality.
I loved my job, I loved to solve problems, I liked to work under pressure,
Because English is my second language, the most difficult part of my job was the communication, but even that, it is a challenge that I can manage.
What I liked most of worked there, was to be able to manage the renovation of 1003 rooms in a San Antonio Hotel.
Pros
Medicare, Paid vacations, Paid Sick days
Cons
RLB doesn'y have office in Austin.
Good work life balance
QUANTITY SURVEYOR (Former Employee) –  Singapore30 August 2018
Great bosses, flat hierarchy, enjoyed working with my colleagues
The projects weren't very interesting and I was not able to bring out the best in the role
Not a good atmosphere for MEP
Senior MEP-F Cost Consultant (Current Employee) –  Seattle15 August 2018
Very poor local management. Employee concerns are not addressed but swept under the carpet. The Seattle office was allowed to operate for 9 months without supervision.
Pros
Few
Cons
Many
Engaging and good people. Good working environment.
PROJECT MECHANICAL ENGINEER (SUPERVISOR) (Current Employee) –  PH10 May 2018
The company needs improvement on how they manage their people. But overall, the working environment is ideal for learning and growth especially for a new graduate or for people looking for experience and knowledge.
Varied
Senior Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Bucknall1 May 2018
The role gave many opotunities to consult on diffrent and interesting Projects, the roles took me travelling aroundthe UK and the support from Peers was extensive.
Pros
varied workload
Cons
communication
Time to move out of comfort zone.
SENIOR PROJECT DIRECTOR (Current Employee) –  Singapore28 March 2018
Upsides:
1. flexible working hours for senior staff (daily 10-12 hours of work).
2. Reasonably good bosses & office culture
3. Partners backing & support for staff
4. Autonomous control and management of projects assigned with partner-in-charge is also part of project org chart.

Downsides:
1. Renumeration & offer of partnerships could be considered for very experience & loyal senior staff to retain immense knowledge
2. Incentivise and continue education should apply also to senior staff.
3.Longer annual leave for senior staff who puts in long hours for project
4. recognising senior staff strengths to mentor younger generation as part of leadership renewal.
5. Partners could be closer to op staff
Pros
good company office culture
Cons
renumeration should commensurate with nature and exp of senior staff
productive work place
Quantity Surveyor (Former Employee) –  Manila5 September 2017
-stress but productive
-a lot since it's a consultant firm
-rlb management cares for their employees
-good working environment
-rending overtime (late at night if there are urgent matters)
-rendering overtime (super late at night)
-working with great people
Pros
tax shield
Cons
salary
productive and fun workplace.
Cost Estimator (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CA18 August 2017
Rider Levett Bucknall is a leading independent organisation in cost management and quantity surveying, project management and advisory services .
Nice work environment
Executive Secretary Assistant (Former Employee) –  南京市13 August 2017
The working environment in RLB is thriving. Colleagues are enthusiastic to work in the highly organized company. RLB awards us with not only monetary rewards but also respect.
Great Company
Office Administrator / Document Control (Former Employee) –  Abu Dhabi25 November 2016
Very good in supervising employees. The company has the excellent reputation when it comes to construction field. Management has been really great on taking care of their employees.
Pros
Growing Industry. Many experts to learn with and amazing portfolio of projects.
A hormone workplace
Quantity Surveyor (Current Employee) –  Perth WA14 November 2016
The company don't have proper training to the staff, everyone have to be outstanding in order to get more attention.

Working hours as normal 830am to 5pm. However, no any overtime allowance.
Pros
Free working pattern
Cons
Sometimes easily to get lost
I loved working at RLB on the PO NT Rollout
Project Manager (Contract) (Former Employee) –  West Yorkshire27 July 2016
A very progressive, customer service orientated global company. Workng on the PO NT Rollout project, a typical day would be to attend a site scoping meeting to measure up site and work out what products would work with the new corporate structure. Provide a report to PO. This would then result in project approval which generates an initial site meeting - Attend the meeting at the agents premises with the field change advisor and contractors in attendance. Discuss the project requirements with all concerned. Plan and schedule key dates for the delivery of the project including BT line install, shopfitting works, delivery of products and furniture, installation of alarms, electrics, equipment. Manage the onsite delivery of products and services and site safety. Provide daily project update reports. Ensure site is up an running as per the agreed schedule. Problem solving during the project delivery, snagging, sign off and hand over. Running multiple projects on site and off site.
Pros
On site workiing, building customer relations, wroking from home for report writing etc, managment of own working schedule.
Cons
Very long hours at peak times
RLB life in dubai
Quantity Surveyor (Current Employee) –  Down town dubai19 July 2016
I learned a lot from RLB like Post-contract: Variation Assessment, External Co-ordination with clients and contractors, Interim Payments, Cost Roll Forecasting, Contract Adjustments, Final Accounts. Pre contract: Quantity taking off, Help to prepare BOQ and tender documents for senior QS and also experience in some of MEP works
RLB management always teaching us new technical method and its very help full for me
In my life i enjoyed my job with RLB fountain views team and my co co-workers are from different country like south Africa, England, USA, Zimbabwe,sri Lanka etc. we have a good team and good team players so we did any risky job within a few days and easily solved all the work related problem.
Pros
Free team luches monthly
Relax
Quantity Surveyor (Former Employee) –  Cebu City3 March 2016
* Its productive working in a day
*Using MS excel in estimating
*Good Management
* Friendly Co-Worker
*No hardest part of the job
* Being challenge by your boss
5 working days in a week
Quantity Surveyor (Former Employee) –  pasig city Philipines28 February 2016
Conduct Quantity Take-off and estimates, process progress billing statement submitted by contractors and evaluate and transact variation order.
I've learned to have a good time management specially for time sensitive projects.
I'm having a good environment workplace.
Pros
Long weekend
Reputable company with good remuneration
Project Quantity Surveyor (Current Employee) –  Davao City11 February 2016
A fun place to work with but hard to get noticed. The culture of this company is great and I have learned a lot. The only issue i had was that it was hard to get a career advancement from this company.
good place for fresh graduate
Quantity Surveyor (Former Employee) –  重庆市, C334 March 2015
My mentor is a woman with 5 year experience in construction cost, she really helped me a lot. I remember that the first time I communicate with one of the contractors face to face do discuss the issues from the payments, I'm very nervous since I don't have any experience. She taught me how to prepare for the discussion very carefully, such as the steps, the language, the regulations. I'm really thankful, as a fresh graduate, the payroll is not the first you should consider about, instead, you should know what can you learn from the job.
Good governance and well organization
QS / Estimator ( Contractual ) (Current Employee) –  Christchurch, S6 January 2015
A typical day at work - Normal time depending of you if you want to extend.
what you have learned - A lot of thing to familiarize
management - Good
your colleagues - all of them are approachable.
The hardest part of the job - I'm just in the stage of adjustment and familiarization
The most enjoyable part of the job - With colleagues at work all are well
Noble and Stroong employer
Associate - Head of Project Management (Current Employee) –  Wokingham, ENG3 September 2014
Very focussed on staff and training, good culture with plenty of social interaction