RIDEAU COMMUNITY HEALTH SERVICES Employee Reviews

2.5Pay & Benefits
Rideau Community Health Services has many different services to offer and the team there is very well educated and helpful.
Social Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Smiths Falls, ON8 February 2017
Monday to Thursday I would come into the office from 9-2:30 and get together anything and everything needed for the after school program. Any materials and supplies needed I would make sure we had ready to go. I would also work on newsletters, important notices etc. that would go home to the children's parents so they are kept in the loop of what's happening in the after school program and as well as free events that the community offered. From 2:30-5:30pm I would be at the after school program as a program leader. We provide a healthy snack for the children and then depending on the day we would have a variety of different activities going on. For example Monday's are math and reading activities as well as gym games when other days could be arts and crafts tied into Social and Emotional Learning skills. On Friday's I help run a Food Fit program which runs for 16 weeks and it is for community members who want to improve their health choices and become better education on the products they're buying. Overall it has been a great learning experience and I am grateful for the opportunities Rideau Community Health Services had to offer me.