Ricoh
Coronavirus update
Information from Ricoh:

Ricoh Employee Reviews

Canada183 reviews
Highly recommended, fast-paced, great company culture with great work/life balance. Work perks were also great. Room for advancement within the organization was always encouraged.
24 June 2020
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback! We are delighted to hear that you had a positive experience while working at Ricoh.

We pride ourselves in recognizing, rewarding, and providing growth opportunities for all employees. Our “New World of Work (NWOW)” approach also allows employees to cater their work style to their individualized needs to be successful. It is rewarding to hear that you experienced the benefits of our investments. Thanks again for the great review!
The company sentiment is so negative. They're constantly cutting costs and people don't respond to emails or phone. There's no growth, they don't even have a system in place to provide annual raise
Pros
lol
Cons
poor work environment
Great management and work place you feel freedom when you work with Ricoh Canada there is no borders between employee and management i recommended so professional .
I worked at Ricoh for over half a year as a co-op student in their HR department. The company has a well structured its co-op program that enables students to gain real job experience. I was able to learn very valuable skills to add to my resume and gain connections that I still keep in touch with.

The only downside was the low pay offered to students.
10 June 2020
Thanks for taking the time to provide feedback! We’re very glad to hear that you gained valuable experience while completing your co-op placement with us. Our teams at Ricoh are built to provide support and encourage you through your experience here.

In regard to compensation, we conduct regular analysis of the external market and strive to ensure market competitive target compensation. We invite you to contact us at hr@ricoh.ca to share specific details so we can further explore your concern.
Working at Ricoh has been an interesting but yet stressful time. I noticed you need to have exceptional organisational skills in order to not get behind on work. Workload can be very stressful. Working in the mailroom is hectic. No time for breaks. You do get 30 min lunch but even then when you come back to your work, it puts your behind even more. Mailroom function is not designed for one person. The responsibility you have and the rate of pay you get is not worth it. Management is not so bad here. They do micro manage at times, but overall it is not too bad. Co-workers are great. Willing to help you out when you are behind on things. Minimum wage job with no progression. In lack of better words, a sweat shop.

My trainer was terrific at training me. Helped me understand how to handle difficult situations concerning mailing out checks and matching documents properly and efficiently. Was very thorough in the dedication of sending mail out correctly.

As far as raises goes. You will be lucky enough to get a 10 cent raise.

Stressful part of the job is trying to locate a specific check when you deal with hundreds of checks a day. Trying to remember how it was sent or what carrier it was sent by is a struggle. That is why organisational is key!

I noticed management is constantly on you for getting things done at the end of the month and submitting records of counts. Its difficult to do all of that when you are busy trying to process documents. You constantly have to go from one task to another.

my final say is that working at Ricoh is not worth it in the end. It will
 - more...
21 May 2020
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. It is great to hear that you enjoy working in our collaborative and supportive work environment. Teamwork is one of our core values at Ricoh, and we believe that having a supportive team fosters a successful workplace.

With regards to compensation, we conduct regular analysis of the external market and strive to ensure that we remain competitive in terms of compensation and other reward-based programs.

We also do our best to manage workloads for teams so that they are reasonable and achievable. We encourage our employees to have an open discussion with their managers about work life balance and workload concerns so we can take the necessary steps to address them. If you feel any concerns are not being addressed at the manager level, we invite you to contact hr@ricoh.ca or your Human Resources Representative.
As a contracted employee, management told us from the beginning that our contracts could potentially be extended (they did get extended) but we were told that we would find out about our contracts in February and our original contract would be completed on March 31st; we didn't find out until mid- March that our contracts would be getting extended. We were also under the impression that our contracts would be extended by 6 months to 1 year but they were only extended to May 29th. Upper management doesn't care if we have jobs or not because they have job security.
5 May 2020
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback!

While Ricoh operates at numerous different client sites within Canada, we are committed to providing every employee at each location with a positive experience. Our goal is to ensure that employees of all departments feel like they are appreciated and have the ability to share suggestions openly. If you have any more specific comments about the communication of our contract terms or other matters, we invite you to email hr@ricoh.ca and we can look into any possible areas where we can improve.
Basically a 9-5 (Monday to Friday). Daily required numbers (service level agreement) are high and at times unrealistic. High-turnover rate due to low wage and possibly other factors. I expected a min. 4% annual raise (performance + cost of living) as seen with a previous employer after 2011 and here I got an unsatisfactory 1.2% raise after more than 12 months combined (as agency temp and then hired on full-time with them) --- red flag. Those who have worked 7+ years here conveyed to me that they are dissatisfied with the compensation/future outlook. Paid time off (paid sick days + vacation days) is probably the best part of this job plus the option to work from home (telecommute). No 4% vacation pay is added to the regular pay. No annual bonus not even $ 500 net. Even as an agency temp this is not a minimum wage line of work considering you have to learn various new software, do accurate data-entry and do it fast (service level agreement - required numbers per hour) plus other tasks that may be assigned.
This company is a contractor working on the site of their client (insurance company in Cambridge, ON) which can make you feel like or be treated like a 2nd class citizen. Get the experience here, don't stay long and then leave for a better job.
23 April 2020
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. While Ricoh operates at numerous locations, we are committed to providing every employee at each location with a positive experience. It is very important that all our employees are treated with respect and have access to the support they may need.

We are glad to hear that you enjoyed the flexible work environment. We feel that our “New World of Work (NWOW)” approach offers great benefits to employees that are looking for flexibility in how and where they do their work. Our NWOW strategy allows for a work culture that is flexible, dynamic and provides multi-directional communication and collaboration.

In respect to turnover, we have created and maintained many initiatives focused on helping us retain our talent. Unfortunately, we do at times lose good employees to other opportunities outside of the organization and we wish them all the best in their endeavors.

With regards to your comments about compensation, we conduct regular analysis of the external market and strive to ensure that we remain competitive in terms of compensation and other reward-based programs. Anytime an employee has a concern, we openly encourage them to reach out to their manager, HR consultant or hr@ricoh.ca.
Terrible company work for, micro management., they track you even if you peed a lot.. I would not recommend Ricoh to anyone. This company plays such favortism to individuals that it's not fun to work there.
23 April 2020
Thank you for your feedback.

While Ricoh operates at numerous locations, we are committed to providing every employee at each location a positive experience. We have many practices in place to ensure that employees are treated fairly and we have the resources and procedures in place to ensure that any reports of unfair treatment are investigated and managed promptly. We invite you to contact us at hr@ricoh.ca since your feedback is not consistent with our values and culture.
This company is a place no one should ever work for. Manager does not care about anything. No room to grow at all. Always have new hires because management sucks. You get hired for a job and once you’re in, they introduce you to other work that you’re not familiar with and not offer any bonus. Minimum wage paying job where you do everything from working in the mailroom, print shop, catering and even reception. The company does not prioritize your safety even in the hard time S we are going through.
23 April 2020
We are very sorry to hear that your experience at Ricoh was not positive. The health and safety of our employees is our top priority always and we have implemented many practices as a result of COVID-19 to ensure our employees are safe. We wish we had an opportunity to address your concerns while you were employed here, as we have many avenues for our employees to report concerns and we encourage everyone to do so.

We are interested in hearing more about your experience and invite you to contact us at hr@ricoh.ca since it is not consistent with our culture and values.
Answering emails - resolving issues, calling customer's - billing corrections - we were family. Helping customers. My manager was awesome. Coworkers
23 April 2020
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. We’re glad to hear that you had a positive experience while working at Ricoh! Our teams are built to provide support and encourage you through your experience here. We also strongly believe that having a supportive team fosters a successful workplace. Thanks again for your review and for your 17 years of service with us!
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Ricoh?
I wouldn't recommend Ricoh to anyone that is looking at expanding to higher roles in their career. The compensation is comical especially if you live in a major city. You are not being paid for the 1 hour lunch; meaning if you work from 9-5, your shift isn't finished until 6.

Managers are not managers. They are sales people that only care about the site contracts. Micromanaging seems to be the thing at Ricoh. You are always being reminded to be a "yes man" to keep your job secured and the clients happy.

Training is non existent from higher ups. You are thrown into a pool with sharks and expected to do everything correctly. New employees are trained by other employees

TIP: If you are a current employee with Ricoh, ask your site manager for a raise. Show him/her what you need to make in order to get by in your city. Bet they won't even come close to what you are seeking nor would they try to put in the effort

Another TIP: Managers get a bonus every month depending on work load employees push out. YES, the very same manager that you report to, gets a bonus for all the hard work you do. Let that sink in.

Overall: Not worth it
Pros
Colleagues feel the same way you do
Cons
To many to list
23 April 2020
Thank you for taking the time to express your feedback. We are sorry to hear that you did not feel supported within your role at Ricoh. While Ricoh operates at numerous locations, we are committed to providing every employee at each location with a positive experience.

At Ricoh, we truly care about the growth and development of all our employees and aim to continuously evaluate our training practices to support this. We support professional and personal growth by creating a path to career opportunities across the organization and developing learning programs, like the Ricoh Learning Institute, LinkedIn Learning and individual development plans for all employees.

With regards to compensation, we conduct regular analysis of the external market and strive to ensure that we remain competitive in terms of compensation, benefits and other reward-based programs. We invite employees to reach out to their managers as well as their HR consultants if they would like to discuss their compensation further. Your comment about monthly bonuses for managers is not consistent with our practices.

We believe that having a supportive manager and team fosters a successful workplace. We actively promote a team environment and open communication at all levels of the company. We encourage you to please contact us at hr@ricoh.ca to share specifics about your experience as it is not consistent with the expectations of any employees here.
A business that needs to pivot faster and make adjustments in strategic execution that ensures sustainability and growth. Business transformation is a critical next step in the company's 80+ year evolution which will require strong leadership to achieve its objectives. A challenging environment that will yield to its culture and highly regarded core values.
23 April 2020
Thanks for taking the time to provide feedback! Ricoh is in an industry that is experiencing tremendous change, and we can proudly say that we have been expanding and growing within it and beyond the industry standard.

As we continue to move through our transformation, we are being mindful of balancing the sense of urgency with being responsible in how we implement any changes.

We appreciate your feedback!
Relaxed work place with nice facility and free parking.
Friendly and professional management and fast work pace.

Business growing and good prospect market share.
23 April 2020
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. We are glad that you enjoyed your time at Ricoh and the facilities!

We strive to provide all employees with a positive, friendly and professional environment where they can work together with their peers. We agree with your positive outlook for the growth of our business, as our diverse range of products and services offered are attracting clients. The move towards information mobility allows our clients to get their information wherever and whenever they need it, enabling them to work faster and more successfully!

Thanks again for your review!
Pay is Low, there is no company culture!
Management is stressed out and no able to train you properly but they only give you complaints if you don`t do the right thing(which they never tell you how to do it).

Do not expect a compliments or a 'thanks' when you have to cover for missing colleague( mean you did double job). Some months are crazy busy some other nothing to do for hours!

No space for advancement. Get ready to be paid 13$ -clean- for the rest of your life

GOOD LUCK!
23 April 2020
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. We regret to hear that you are not having a positive work experience at Ricoh. Although Ricoh operates at numerous locations, we are committed to providing every employee at each location with a fulfilling and positive experience.

We do our best to manage workloads for teams so that they are reasonable and achievable. We encourage our employees to have an open discussion with their managers about work life balance and workload concerns so we can take the necessary steps to address them. Ricoh also invests heavily in promoting open communication, employee engagement and enablement.

Regarding your comments about compensation, we conduct regular analysis of the external market and strive to ensure that we remain competitive in terms of compensation, benefits and other reward-based programs.

We invite you to contact us at hr@ricoh.ca or reach out to your HR business rep since your comments are not consistent with our culture and values.
You're essentially an independent contractor with little personal support with unfair wage differences.

There are many employees absorbed through acquisitions who's inflated wages stayed intact.

Throw the word "associate" in front of service technician & get payed considerably less for the same work.

Too many inflated positions at the expense of new employees' low wages.
24 February 2020
We appreciate the time you took to provide feedback. We regret to hear that you don’t feel supported in your role. We strive to a foundation of support mechanisms for employees to feel engaged and enabled in the work they do.

While Ricoh operates at numerous locations, we are committed to providing every employee at each location with a positive experience. We want our employees to excel and aim to promote growth by creating a path to career opportunities across the organization and developing learning programs, like the Ricoh Learning Institute, LinkedIn Learning and individual development plans for all employees.

With regards to your comments about wage disparities, we base our pay structure on various factors, and encourage you to connect with us at hr@ricoh.ca to further explore your concerns.
Experience varies widely depending on what site you are at. Management doesn't care about you. They do not have the best intentions for you, and management will not have your back (makes you take the blame, won't train you on more than the minimum so you cannot grow or advance your career, even within the company). There is no standard for the rules they set or how they penalize you if you cannot comply and there is no transparency in their compensation model. I have met people who make 8k less per year than others while being employed longer and having higher levels of responsibility. If you decide to work for Ricoh, you need to fight for yourself.
Pros
Medical benefits, covered up to 80% for paramedical under Sunlife, easy entry level office job
Cons
Bad management, lack of transparency
24 February 2020
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. We are sorry to hear that your experience at Ricoh was not positive. We wish that we had an opportunity to connect with you while employed here, as we have many avenues for our employees to share their concerns.

While Ricoh operates at numerous locations, we are committed to providing every employee at each location with a fulfilling experience. Ricoh emphasizes a team culture and aims to promote open communication, employee engagement and enablement. This includes an expectation that all managers demonstrate a high level of care towards their employees.

We always hope that our employees feel fully supported during their time with us and we invite you to contact us at hr@ricoh.ca to explore your concerns as your comments are not consistent with our values and culture.
I would not recommend working here to anyone. Go somewhere else if you want to be treated as a decent human being.
IT leader fosters a negative employee experience through underestimation, lack of recognition, and rude manners.

Being just a Coop Student, they asked me for unrealistic targets without any help. They would always tell the negative things that you did wrong but never anything good. During the job term, I heard about people suffering and running away from there.

This job was a complete nightmare and headache. I did not have any option to apply my ideas as new ideas are always ignored.

Very stressful and aggressive work culture, internal squabbling, toxic environment: you walk away from work feeling like you wasted 8 hours of your time, and all your accomplishments throughout the day were to no avail. I would never come back there even if it was the last job in the world, as it was a very sad experience for me and a challenge for my psychological health.
4 February 2020
We are very sorry to hear that your experience at Ricoh was not positive. We wish we had an opportunity to address your concerns while you were employed here, as we have many avenues for our employees to report concerns like the ones you have alleged. We believe that all our leaders (IT included) are committed to creating a positive employee experience for everyone at Ricoh.

With regards to your specific comments about your experience, we take allegations like this very seriously. I encourage you to please contact us at HR@ricoh.ca to share specifics, as your comments are not consistent with our values or how we view our culture. It is with the upmost importance that all our employees feel appreciated and supported.
Management directives are ambigious at best. Departments are not encouraged to work together at all. The nice thing is you can work from home sometimes, when you are in the office, they changed the dress code so you can wear jeans etc. Worst office environment I have ever worked in.
Pros
work from home option/casual dress code
Cons
horrible work environment
5 February 2020
Thank you for taking the time to express your feedback. We are disappointed to hear that your time at Ricoh was not positive. Since your comments are not aligned with our culture, values and general feedback from employees, we invite you to contact us at hr@ricoh.ca to discuss further.

We are glad that you enjoyed the benefits of the work-life balance that Ricoh offers. We take pride in our “New World of Work (NWOW)” strategy which allows for a work culture that is flexible, dynamic and provides multi-directional communication and collaboration.

Teamwork is also one of our core values at Ricoh. We aim to use open communication between team members and departments, so employees can support one another and seek clarification in times of ambiguity. With regards to your comments about management, we do regularly review our processes to reduce bureaucracy and improve efficiency.
Ricoh Canada is an amazing organisation In management, business culture and I got great experience in working with them. I gained alot in working with them.
5 February 2020
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback! We’re glad to hear that you enjoyed your time at Ricoh. We make significant investments to help develop and promote a culture that employees’ value, so it is great to hear that you feel we have an amazing culture, we agree!

We care about personal development and aim to create an enriching work experience for all levels of staff. We also promote a path for career opportunities across the organization, while encouraging the use of our learning programs, like the Ricoh Learning Institute, LinkedIn Learning and individual development plans (which are available for all employees). We hope that you had an opportunity to access these resources during your time with us and are most importantly glad you felt supported and successful within your role. Thanks again for the excellent feedback!
Having a great experience working with such a reputable brand. they are flexible and provide lot of room for self development and growth which is what you need in todays day and age.
5 February 2020
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback! It’s great to hear that you’re enjoying your time at Ricoh and feel supported within your role. We also appreciate the specific feedback about self- development since it is a major investment for the organization. We deeply value the growth of our employees and aim to connect them with our development learning programs, such as the Ricoh Learning Institute, LinkedIn Learning and individual development plans. We are also glad to hear that you enjoyed Ricoh’s flexible work schedule. We strive to provide flexibility so that our employees can meet both personal and work-related commitments. Thanks again for sharing such a positive review!
Helping staff and management team, very professional culture, excellent team work and environment. Supervisor/ managers always there to help, Over all amazing to work at Ricoh Canada!
5 February 2020
We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed your time at Ricoh! Your feedback is very rewarding to hear since we put a high level of importance on our culture. Our teams at Ricoh are built to provide support and encourage you through your experience here. We strive to promote a professional environment of open communication, where all our employees can work together with their peers and further develop their skills. Thank you so much for taking the time to share such a wonderful review!