Ricoh Canada Inc Employee Reviews

Good Job but known for Job turnover yearly.
Technical Sales Engineer (Former Employee) –  Anonymous18 January 2019
Provide excellent Onboarding and Training.
Great Pay and Bonuses.
Provide Ability to Work from Home.
Long Term Employees do not do fair share of Work.
Local Management plays favorites.
Pros
Good Senior Management Direction
Cons
Poor Local Management
22 January 2019

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. We are glad to hear that you feel we remain competitive in terms of compensation, we conduct regular analysis of the external market and strive to ensure market competitive target compensation.

With regards to your comments about local management, we take this type of feedback seriously. We are interested in hearing more about your personal experience with Ricoh since the comments are not consistent with how we view our culture. We invite you to contact us at hr@ricoh.ca to share any specific suggestions for improvement that you may have. We value our employees' feedback and aim to incorporate it into continuous improvement efforts.

Enjoyed the work environment and people work with.
Senior Contract Administrator (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB6 November 2018
Review emails and respond to urgent matters. Performed updated and resolved billing issues for invoice/and accounts. Prepare accounts for monthly billing. Complete various reports in timely manner. At month end, bill all accounts accurately and compile all billing information for proper invoicing.
Pros
Able to work from home.
Cons
Office location far from my home.
13 November 2018

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback.
It is unfortunate that the Ricoh office was far from your home. Ricoh places a high importance on the work-life balance of our employees. We feel that our “New World of Work (NWOW)” approach offers great benefits to employees that are looking for flexibility in how and where they do their work. Our NWOW strategy allows for a work culture that is flexible, dynamic and provides multi-directional communication and collaboration. We invite you to contact hr@ricoh.ca if you have any other feedback you would like to provide.

A family company
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  GTA, ON4 October 2018
Great to learn sales, though an old industry/ company. Great work life balance, and you can make some good money if you put in the time and learn the industry.
Pros
Work life balance
Cons
Saturated market
12 October 2018

Thank you for taking the time to provide your personal feedback about Ricoh.
We are very pleased to hear that you enjoy working for Ricoh. As a company, Ricoh strives to provide all employees with a positive work experience and promotes a finding the work life balance that works for our employees. Our New World of Work (NWOW) initiative is a great example of our commitment to work life balance. This initiative gives employees the flexibility to work from where they need to in order to be successful. It is great to hear that you enjoyed the earning potential in your role.
In regards to your comments about the industry, Ricoh delivers a broad portfolio of services and technologies that help innovate and grow. We have made a strategic move towards information mobility which allows our clients to get their information wherever and whenever they need it, enabling them to work faster and more successfully.
We invite you to contact us at hr@ricoh.ca to share any specific concerns or suggestions that you may have.

Awesome team to work with, company politics get in the way
FIELD SERVICE TECHNICIAN (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ON26 August 2018
Amazing work-life balance. Approximately 7 weeks of mandatory on-call weeks, but can grab more if you like it. On-call compensation is a great way to boost the overall low base salary. Other benefits for this position include a company car, company phone (can use for personal use with no hassle), solid health benefits, semi-annual bonuses, 2 weeks paid time off, and a few other perks.

The overall culture of the team is great where everyone helps one another. No one is left stranded on the job with no assistance.

However, the company politics slow the ability to move up in the company.
25 September 2018

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about your experiences with Ricoh.
We are pleased that you enjoy the people you work with. At Ricoh we pride ourselves in the positive work experience provided to our employees.
With regards to your comments on company politics, we regularly review our processes to reduce bureaucracy and improve efficiency. If you have any specific suggestions for improvement or concerns, please feel free to contact us at hr@ricoh.ca.

not too bad
Legal Document Specialist (Current Employee) –  Trenton, ON23 August 2018
Pay isn't very competitive, and KPI's can be very fuzzy depending on manager of the day.
Tools for day to day work can not always work properly, training materials needs to be more accessible.
Corporate communications is very impersonal, executive level somewhat removed from average employees, changes take awhile to permeate within such a large organization.
Employee engagement is not very high, touts survey results regularly but the data collected on these surveys isn't very qualitative and very little follow up done.
25 September 2018

Thank you for taking the time to provide your personal feedback from your experiences at Ricoh.
With regards to your comments about compensation, we conduct regular analysis of the external market and strive to ensure that we remain competitive in terms of compensation and other reward-based programs.
We are sorry to hear that you felt communication was impersonal. We invest a significant amount of time trying to cascade communication to all levels of the organization so that all team members are aware of focus areas. We use various avenues such as annual kick-offs with our executive team, quarterly videos from our CEO’s, and regular email communication with messaging that ties to our strategy map. We are always looking for ways to improve our communication strategy, and we will use your feedback to review our current process to ensure the message is clearer.
We appreciate your feedback and are continuously looking for ways to improve so if you have any specific comments or suggestions we invite you to contact us at hr@ricoh.ca and share your thoughts.

Typical large company with good benefits package.
Site Manager (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NS21 August 2018
Work life balance is fairly consistent with the current norm, wages are average. Job security and advancement are limited unless you're willing to relocate. Job culture is all about serving the clients every need.
25 September 2018

Thank you for taking the time to share feedback of your experiences at Ricoh.
It is great to hear that you feel that we remain competitive with prevailing norms and compensation. We regularly conduct analysis of the external market and strive to remain competitive.
With regards to your comment of limited advancement and security, we do have a high internal promotion rate and actively engage in programs to invest in and develop our employees to be successful in their career and future.
If you have any other comments or suggestions we would love to hear from you. Please feel free to contact us at hr@ricoh.ca.

Beware of Senior Management
Management (Former Employee) –  Greater Toronto Area, ON17 August 2018
I've never worked in a place where there was so much fear and loathing of management and HR.

Although they say the right things "work life balance", "employee focused", etc... they DO NOT practice what they preach.

As management myself, I had never seen such sabotaging, belittling and general abuse of employees by management.

My advice... stay clear if you can as they are not what they promise to be.
Pros
They promote working from home.
Cons
Too many to list.

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback.
Your comments are very concerning to us as we are committed to providing every employee at each location with a positive experience. We encourage open communication with management to address any concerns as efficiently as possible. We value our employees’ feedback and aim to incorporate it into continuous improvement efforts. We are interested in hearing more about your personal experience with Ricoh since the comments are not consistent with how we view our culture.
Since your comments are not consistent with our values and culture, we encourage you to contact us at hr@ricoh.ca to discuss further.

Easy work to get nowhere fast!
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB11 July 2018
It's a very easy job to do, however management on parts side and the GM are known for making a lot of empty promises. They almost refuse to have people move around, although they say they do. Actions speak louder than words and as a slap to the face temporary workers get a 5 cent decrease on hourly wage when hired on full time. Again a really good job if you want little responsibility and the chance to make 40 cents more than when you started towards retirement.
Pros
Easy work
Cons
Bad management and advancement

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback.
We regret to hear that your experience working at Ricoh is not consistent with our culture and values. We strive to provide all employees at all locations with a positive work environment and are interested in working with our employees to provide growth opportunities.
As your comments are not in line with our culture we invite you to contact us at hr@ricoh.ca to share any specific details or concerns.

Productive and Fun to work with
Lead hand/Quality Control (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB12 June 2018
Amazing and fun full of Knowledge to learn in in this Company. The environment is good. People have good attitude, positive ambiance to work with. You will have a positive attitude all the time.
25 September 2018

Thank you for taking the time to share feedback on your experience as a Ricoh employee.
It is wonderful to hear that you are having such a positive work experience. Ricoh strives to create a positive experience for each employee at each location. We value our employees and believe in investing in our people by providing learning programs such as the Ricoh Learning Institute and individual development plans. We strive to provide our employees with the tools necessary for success.
As a company who is actively seeking out new ways to improve, please feel free to contact us at hr@ricoh.ca if you have any further comments or suggestions.

Ricoh is an equal opportunity company to work for
PURCHASING ADMINISTRATOR (Current Employee) –  Concord, ON1 February 2018
Ricoh is a fast pace workplace with opportunities to learn new skills. Co workers from different departments are helpful and fun to work with on day to day duties.
7 February 2018

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback.

It is amazing to hear that you feel so positive about Ricoh’s Training program.. Across the organization, we make a major investment in our people by providing learning programs such as the Ricoh Learning Institute, individual development plans, and other targeted training programs. We regularly review our training sessions to ensure they are relevant and up-to-date.

It is great to hear that you enjoyed working in our collaborative and supportive work environment. We actively promote a team environment and open communication at all levels of the company.

As a company who is constantly looking for different ways to grow, please feel free to contact us at hr@ricoh.ca if you have any specific suggestions for improvement. Your input will be greatly appreciated.

Great Culture and sales training
B usiness Development Specialist (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB18 January 2018
This is a sales driven company that will do whatever it takes to assist their reps in closing relevant business. The company is going through some major changes with their core business offerings, moving away from print and into more of a digital workflow offerings.
Pros
Work life balance.
Cons
Too much paperwork and leasing hurdles to jump over to submit a deal?
5 February 2018

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback.

It is great to hear that you feel supported within your role at Ricoh. We are constantly revising and updating our sales training to ensure that relevant and important concepts are being covered during each session. We are constantly seeking and encouraging feedback and suggestions from our sales team on how to better prepare and support them and future Ricoh sales representatives.

With today’s technology advancing at such a rapid pace, it is great to hear that you feel we are keeping up with the industry through our diverse range of products and services. Ricoh delivers a broad portfolio of services and technologies that help innovate and grow. The move towards information mobility allows our clients to get their information wherever and whenever they need it, enabling them to work faster and more successfully.

We regret to hear that you feel Ricoh’s process in submitting a deal is inefficient. At Ricoh, we understand the importance of efficiency and are continually striving to improve and modify our process based on the feedback that we collect from employees and clients via surveys, regular meetings, and our Dare to Share program.

If you have any specific suggestions for improvement, specifically regarding the process of submitting a deal, please feel free to contact us at hr@ricoh.ca, we would appreciate your input.

Friendly People
Admin (Former Employee) (Former Employee) –  Mississsauga, Ontario24 November 2017
It was nice to work with Ricoh.

The only problem and issue was , they always tells us about, to give loyalty and devotion to your work and company, but unfortunately it was a vice versa the company doesn't give you loyalty. You devote your time and effort working hard but not recognized at all, the one who been recognize is people who were taking advantage the company policy, not even working hard.

You were overworked but underpay.
Pros
Flexible hours and you can work from home
Cons
Salary
26 January 2018

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback.

We are glad to hear that you enjoyed the flexible work environment. We feel that our “New World of Work (NWOW)” approach offers great benefits to employees that are looking for flexibility in how and where they do their work. Our NWOW strategy allows for a work culture that is flexible, dynamic and provides multi-directional communication and collaboration.

With regards to your comment on loyalty and workload, we do our best to manage workloads for teams so that they are reasonable and achievable. We encourage our employees to have an open discussion with their managers about work life balance and workload concerns so we can take the necessary steps to address them.
We conduct regular analysis of the external market and strive to ensure that we remain competitive in terms of salary and other reward based recognition programs such as Be The Change.

Since some of your comments are not in line with our culture and values, we invite you to contact us at hr@ricoh.ca to share any specific details or concerns.

was able to learn about japan
Bilingual IT helpdesk support analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 October 2017
worked closely with Japan Liaison and sales force in canada ,great place left because company relocated to Airport area , transit at that time was unreliable
Pros
Great benefits, free lunches, ACC box
Cons
Management changed
26 January 2018

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback.

We are glad you enjoyed the benefits at Ricoh. We are committed to providing employees with a safe, healthy, and supportive work environment that helps you to achieve your every day goals both at work and at home. We continuously work to provide a well-rounded benefits package and other tools to support employees in all areas of life.

We have recently relocated into a new office in order to promote our New World of Work initiative. At Ricoh, we understand that the needs of our employees are evolving; this is why with our new building we strive to promote an open work concept and increased communication. It is unfortunate however that due to this change you are no longer with us.

We wish you all the best for the future and invite you to email us at hr@ricoh.ca and further share your experience at Ricoh with us.

Good place to start out in the trade. Pay is minimal.
Senior On-Site Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NS19 October 2017
High expectations.
A good place to work if you don't need the money.
Lots of online training available in many subjects.
Need to be able to lift & carry 70 lbs.
Cons
Pay
21 December 2017

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback.
It is great to hear that you valued the training that was available to you. We encourage personal and career growth by developing learning programs like the Ricoh Learning Institute, and individual development plans for all employees. We invest in these type of development programs so that employees can be in the best position possible to advance their careers.
We do conduct regular analysis of the external market and strive to ensure that we remain competitive in terms of compensation and other reward based programs.
It is fair to say that we do have high expectations from our employees since we all strive to provide the best experience for our customers, and our customers have come to expect that from us. The amount of weight that one is required to carry depends on the role. We invite you to contact us at hr@ricoh.ca to share any specific details or concerns.

Great Innovative Company!
Marketing Solutions Specialist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 October 2017
LOVED working at Ricoh! I was a co-op student a few summers ago and had the most incredible boss, who was more of a mentor than anything. Company is changing for the better! Lots of new innovations as they transition out of the photocopying industry!
Pros
Communication, team work, great CEO, great team leaders
Cons
Low salary
17 October 2017

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. It is awesome to hear that you LOVED working at Ricoh. It is great that you had a supportive manager and experienced good teamwork. At Ricoh, we take pride in creating an environment which caters to both individual and organizational growth.

In regards to compensation, we conduct regular analysis of the external market and strive to ensure market competitive target compensation. We invite you to email us directly at HR@ricoh.ca and provide us with farther details of your experience at Ricoh

Horrible place to work for
Technician (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB26 September 2017
Branch is mismanaged, strong politics and pressure environment. Service manager is not qualified for the position and team leaders are way better. Low salary and not competitive.
Pros
Cons
Overworked and underpaid
17 October 2017

Ricoh ensures that managers are trained with the education and tools to have the skills necessary to be an effective leader. We do our best to manage workloads for teams so that they are achievable and employees are not overworked. At Ricoh, we encourage our employees to have an open discussion with their managers about work life balance and workload concerns so we can take the necessary steps to address them. We also provide other channels to address concerns that can be done directly with Senior Management or Human Resources, or in an anonymous manner if preferred.
With regards to compensation, we conduct regular analysis of the external market and strive to ensure that we remain competitive in terms of compensation and other reward based programs.
Since your concerns are not consistent with our culture and values, we invite you to contact us at hr@ricoh.ca to discuss further.

Good place to work if you're starting off you're career
Manager (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ontario12 September 2017
It's a great company if you can get the right manager to support your thoughts and ideas. They are very collaborated but it's also almost overkill to the point where you'll meet every day for some little things. As a more senior experienced professional I was able to roll with many things on my own but felt held back by my direct manager who insisted on knowing even the smallest decisions.
30 January 2018

Uncapped comissions
Account Manager / Business Development (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB28 June 2017
Uncapped commission potential, fun place to work, very fast paced.
• Prospects for new business and opportunities by means of cold calling, targeting door-to-door visits, analyzing needs and pressure points and upgrading existing customer solutions.
• Regularly completes persuasive customer proposals, product demonstrations and presentations which have resulted in success. Also creates lease credits, trade-ups, create customer cost analysis tables and conduct business quarterly reviews.
12 July 2017

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. We are glad to hear that you are enjoying your experience at Ricoh. Our sales compensation plans are designed to ensure our top performers are effectively rewarded for their efforts and share in the business success, and we hope this job helps you achieve your financial and career goals as you continue to offer our customers the diverse range of products and services that support their business objectives.

We are extremely excited about our future and we are pleased to hear that you share our passion for helping our customers achieve their business goals, by offering them the right solutions to help them capture, manage and transform information in a way that improve the productivity and efficiency of their workplace.

Enjoyed helping customers' enquiries and concerns as well as interact with technicians
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON10 May 2017
Although my regular day at work was caring for customers' inquiries, I was extremely happy in resolving their needs. Management was always around to help in any concerns.
Pros
Rewards for good performance
Cons
N/a
29 May 2017

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback and we are glad that you had a positive experience working at Ricoh.

Ricoh prides itself on ensuring that all employees feel appreciated so it is nice to hear that management was able to help you when you had concerns. Ricoh operates at many different client sites within Canada, and we are committed to providing employees at each location with a positive experience.

We appreciate the time you took to provide feedback.

dont bother
service tech (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB28 April 2017
Ricoh may have been a great company to work for in the past, but not anymore.
management will pretend to listen what you have to say , will do nothing and will throw you under the bus and wont back you up.
29 May 2017

We regret to hear that your experience while working at Ricoh was not consistent with our culture and values. We make every effort to provide employees with a positive work environment.

Ricoh ensures that managers are trained with the education and tools to have the skills necessary to be an effective leader. We can assure you that Ricoh aims to continuously improve through employee feedback. We collect feedback in various ways including surveys, town-halls, roundtables, regular meetings and our Dare to Share program. These are just efforts to listen, but are also efforts to continue to make real change.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ricoh Canada Inc. Our community is ready to answer.