Ricoh Canada Inc Employee Reviews

Ricoh is an equal opportunity company to work for
PURCHASING ADMINISTRATOR (Current Employee) –  Concord, ON1 February 2018
Ricoh is a fast pace workplace with opportunities to learn new skills. Co workers from different departments are helpful and fun to work with on day to day duties.
7 February 2018

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback.

It is amazing to hear that you feel so positive about Ricoh’s Training program.. Across the organization, we make a major investment in our people by providing learning programs such as the Ricoh Learning Institute, individual development plans, and other targeted training programs. We regularly review our training sessions to ensure they are relevant and up-to-date.

It is great to hear that you enjoyed working in our collaborative and supportive work environment. We actively promote a team environment and open communication at all levels of the company.

As a company who is constantly looking for different ways to grow, please feel free to contact us at hr@ricoh.ca if you have any specific suggestions for improvement. Your input will be greatly appreciated.

Friendly People
Admin (Former Employee) (Former Employee) –  Mississsauga, Ontario24 November 2017
It was nice to work with Ricoh.

The only problem and issue was , they always tells us about, to give loyalty and devotion to your work and company, but unfortunately it was a vice versa the company doesn't give you loyalty. You devote your time and effort working hard but not recognized at all, the one who been recognize is people who were taking advantage the company policy, not even working hard.

You were overworked but underpay.
Pros
Flexible hours and you can work from home
Cons
Salary
26 January 2018

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback.

We are glad to hear that you enjoyed the flexible work environment. We feel that our “New World of Work (NWOW)” approach offers great benefits to employees that are looking for flexibility in how and where they do their work. Our NWOW strategy allows for a work culture that is flexible, dynamic and provides multi-directional communication and collaboration.

With regards to your comment on loyalty and workload, we do our best to manage workloads for teams so that they are reasonable and achievable. We encourage our employees to have an open discussion with their managers about work life balance and workload concerns so we can take the necessary steps to address them.
We conduct regular analysis of the external market and strive to ensure that we remain competitive in terms of salary and other reward based recognition programs such as Be The Change.

Since some of your comments are not in line with our culture and values, we invite you to contact us at hr@ricoh.ca to share any specific details or concerns.

was able to learn about japan
Bilingual IT helpdesk support analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 October 2017
worked closely with Japan Liaison and sales force in canada ,great place left because company relocated to Airport area , transit at that time was unreliable
Pros
Great benefits, free lunches, ACC box
Cons
Management changed
26 January 2018

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback.

We are glad you enjoyed the benefits at Ricoh. We are committed to providing employees with a safe, healthy, and supportive work environment that helps you to achieve your every day goals both at work and at home. We continuously work to provide a well-rounded benefits package and other tools to support employees in all areas of life.

We have recently relocated into a new office in order to promote our New World of Work initiative. At Ricoh, we understand that the needs of our employees are evolving; this is why with our new building we strive to promote an open work concept and increased communication. It is unfortunate however that due to this change you are no longer with us.

We wish you all the best for the future and invite you to email us at hr@ricoh.ca and further share your experience at Ricoh with us.

Good place to start out in the trade. Pay is minimal.
Senior On-Site Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NS19 October 2017
High expectations.
A good place to work if you don't need the money.
Lots of online training available in many subjects.
Need to be able to lift & carry 70 lbs.
Cons
Pay
21 December 2017

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback.
It is great to hear that you valued the training that was available to you. We encourage personal and career growth by developing learning programs like the Ricoh Learning Institute, and individual development plans for all employees. We invest in these type of development programs so that employees can be in the best position possible to advance their careers.
We do conduct regular analysis of the external market and strive to ensure that we remain competitive in terms of compensation and other reward based programs.
It is fair to say that we do have high expectations from our employees since we all strive to provide the best experience for our customers, and our customers have come to expect that from us. The amount of weight that one is required to carry depends on the role. We invite you to contact us at hr@ricoh.ca to share any specific details or concerns.

Great Innovative Company!
Marketing Solutions Specialist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 October 2017
LOVED working at Ricoh! I was a co-op student a few summers ago and had the most incredible boss, who was more of a mentor than anything. Company is changing for the better! Lots of new innovations as they transition out of the photocopying industry!
Pros
Communication, team work, great CEO, great team leaders
Cons
Low salary
17 October 2017

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. It is awesome to hear that you LOVED working at Ricoh. It is great that you had a supportive manager and experienced good teamwork. At Ricoh, we take pride in creating an environment which caters to both individual and organizational growth.

In regards to compensation, we conduct regular analysis of the external market and strive to ensure market competitive target compensation. We invite you to email us directly at HR@ricoh.ca and provide us with farther details of your experience at Ricoh

Horrible place to work for
Technician (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB26 September 2017
Branch is mismanaged, strong politics and pressure environment. Service manager is not qualified for the position and team leaders are way better. Low salary and not competitive.
Pros
Cons
Overworked and underpaid
17 October 2017

Ricoh ensures that managers are trained with the education and tools to have the skills necessary to be an effective leader. We do our best to manage workloads for teams so that they are achievable and employees are not overworked. At Ricoh, we encourage our employees to have an open discussion with their managers about work life balance and workload concerns so we can take the necessary steps to address them. We also provide other channels to address concerns that can be done directly with Senior Management or Human Resources, or in an anonymous manner if preferred.
With regards to compensation, we conduct regular analysis of the external market and strive to ensure that we remain competitive in terms of compensation and other reward based programs.
Since your concerns are not consistent with our culture and values, we invite you to contact us at hr@ricoh.ca to discuss further.

Good place to work if you're starting off you're career
Manager (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ontario12 September 2017
It's a great company if you can get the right manager to support your thoughts and ideas. They are very collaborated but it's also almost overkill to the point where you'll meet every day for some little things. As a more senior experienced professional I was able to roll with many things on my own but felt held back by my direct manager who insisted on knowing even the smallest decisions.
30 January 2018

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback.

It is great to hear that you feel supported within your role at Ricoh. We are constantly revising and updating our sales training to ensure that relevant and important concepts are being covered during each session. We are constantly seeking and encouraging feedback and suggestions from our sales team on how to better prepare and support them and future Ricoh sales representatives.

With today’s technology advancing at such a rapid pace, it is great to hear that you feel we are keeping up with the industry through our diverse range of products and services. Ricoh delivers a broad portfolio of services and technologies that help innovate and grow. The move towards information mobility allows our clients to get their information wherever and whenever they need it, enabling them to work faster and more successfully.

We regret to hear that you feel Ricoh’s process in submitting a deal is inefficient. At Ricoh, we understand the importance of efficiency and are continually striving to improve and modify our process based on the feedback that we collect from employees and clients via surveys, regular meetings, and our Dare to Share program.

If you have any specific suggestions for improvement, specifically regarding the process of submitting a deal, please feel free to contact us at hr@ricoh.ca, we would appreciate your input.

Uncapped comissions
Account Manager / Business Development (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB28 June 2017
Uncapped commission potential, fun place to work, very fast paced.
• Prospects for new business and opportunities by means of cold calling, targeting door-to-door visits, analyzing needs and pressure points and upgrading existing customer solutions.
• Regularly completes persuasive customer proposals, product demonstrations and presentations which have resulted in success. Also creates lease credits, trade-ups, create customer cost analysis tables and conduct business quarterly reviews.
12 July 2017

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. We are glad to hear that you are enjoying your experience at Ricoh. Our sales compensation plans are designed to ensure our top performers are effectively rewarded for their efforts and share in the business success, and we hope this job helps you achieve your financial and career goals as you continue to offer our customers the diverse range of products and services that support their business objectives.

We are extremely excited about our future and we are pleased to hear that you share our passion for helping our customers achieve their business goals, by offering them the right solutions to help them capture, manage and transform information in a way that improve the productivity and efficiency of their workplace.

Enjoyed helping customers' enquiries and concerns as well as interact with technicians
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON10 May 2017
Although my regular day at work was caring for customers' inquiries, I was extremely happy in resolving their needs. Management was always around to help in any concerns.
Pros
Rewards for good performance
Cons
N/a
29 May 2017

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback and we are glad that you had a positive experience working at Ricoh.

Ricoh prides itself on ensuring that all employees feel appreciated so it is nice to hear that management was able to help you when you had concerns. Ricoh operates at many different client sites within Canada, and we are committed to providing employees at each location with a positive experience.

We appreciate the time you took to provide feedback.

dont bother
service tech (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB28 April 2017
Ricoh may have been a great company to work for in the past, but not anymore.
management will pretend to listen what you have to say , will do nothing and will throw you under the bus and wont back you up.
29 May 2017

We regret to hear that your experience while working at Ricoh was not consistent with our culture and values. We make every effort to provide employees with a positive work environment.

Ricoh ensures that managers are trained with the education and tools to have the skills necessary to be an effective leader. We can assure you that Ricoh aims to continuously improve through employee feedback. We collect feedback in various ways including surveys, town-halls, roundtables, regular meetings and our Dare to Share program. These are just efforts to listen, but are also efforts to continue to make real change.

We are interested in hearing more about your personal experience with Ricoh since the comments are not consistent with how we view our culture. We invite you to contact us at hr@ricoh.ca to share any specific suggestions for improvement that you may have.

yrd
Help Desk / Desktop Support Technician (Former Employee) –  Toronto Zoo, ON26 April 2017
ou are a passionate, self-professed “computer geek” who thrives working in a fast-moving, rapidly changing business and technical landscape. You are naturally curious, patient, confident, proactive and have a strong attention to details, process and client service. You have a high drive to learn, an inherent desire to help others and continually pursue ways to be more efficient with current technology and software. You have strong interpersonal skills that give you the ability to build positive working relationships with everyone at all levels in the organization.
Great company with great people
LEASE DEVELOPMENT MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON6 April 2017
I thoroughly enjoyed my time at Ricoh. It is a great company with great products and fantastic people. Unfortunately, Ricoh was not immune to market forces recently resulting in some downsizing. If I weren't downsized, I would still be saying how much I loved Ricoh!
was ok
Document Specialist (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC3 March 2017
I have learned a lot, company management is awesome, but branch management was poor.

Workplace culture was not followed by company guidelines
Multicultural company, excellent benefits
Technical Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON9 February 2017
Multicultural company, excellent benefits; my team take turns in buying coffee every Friday. Good way to build team rapport
Fun workplace, family like atmoshere
Solutions Consultant - Software Solutions (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 January 2017
Fun workplace, family like atmosphere. Freedom to work from home or from office. Management cares about my career & what I would like to do in the future.
Very Misleading
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB21 October 2016
This company lures you in, telling you that you will be doing the job you applied for and then throwing you somewhere else with no regard for your concerns. The pay puts you almost below the poverty line and the management is terrible. Would not recommend to anyone.
Stressful work environment due to poor management
IT Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON26 August 2016
Team always ran short of staff and the team always fall a part with no support from the manager.

Unqualified manager with no leadership skills, unable to handle tough situations, lack of knowledge and he takes business conflict to the personal level.

Former Teamlead was pleasure to work with. his skills, knowledge and ethics makes him qualified for management positions. very supportive, always stand up for his team. sincerely wish for him best of luck in his career.

Employees are just a number, they never felt valued and get paid below the average compared to other companies within the same job title.

The other positive reviews here from Ricoh's IT interns are misleading and based on a very narrow perspective as they joined Ricoh for a very short term
Pros
Gaining the experience that is required to get into better opportunity
Cons
Long shift hours and overtime for a very small compensation
Great but stressful place
Picker/packer/shipper (Former Employee) –  Keele,ontario11 August 2016
Working here for this long and holding myself back i find enough is enough. Never had experience this kind of behavior from a company before. Fulltime people from parts and supplies are veryyy terrible to the Temps employees. Supervisor is favourism the full time employees. Not strong management and leadership for ricoh on keele warehouse. Parts/supplies Management is feeding the seniors this behavior and will continue on to grow......
Recommend don't waste your time going work at Ricoh on keele/hwy7
Not worth it except for short term
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 August 2016
Not a great company to work for. Very slow and incompetent bureaucracy, everything takes forever. Never really felt valued, and the pay is below industry standards. A lot of turnover. Not a great company to build a long term career at.
Pros
Good benefits, low stress
Cons
Slow bureaucracy, below average pay, poor people managers
Productive and nice place to work
Advisory Administrator- PRT (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON16 July 2016
9-5 Learned patience and understanding of leasing contract. management was ok. assisting customers with various issues was most enjoyable.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ricoh Canada Inc. Our community is ready to answer.