RICKY'S ALL DAY GRILL

RICKY'S ALL DAY GRILL Employee Reviews

Great customers great coworkers. Great managers

At times during busy times it got stressful like anywhere. Management and most staff are great to work with. Some of the staff are phoney. Especially the ones dating cooks. They make their own rules. Only place I’ve worked at that the manager will work just as hard if not harder than some of the staff... some staff currently are very disrespectful of the management just trying to run a business. Kudos to them.

Pros

Free beverages, half price meals, could take breaks during non peak times if you wanted

Cons

Pay could always be better

Less than awesome

Promised the world and given nothing, less than awesome place to work, owner was a micro manager, was only allowed to order certain product, not allowed to throw out expired product.

Pros

Free meal

Cons

Unsafe work environment

Horrible experience being a hostess. The company did not allow for any growth or development of workers.

After being a hostess for several months I was not able to move up to a higher position as others would be given priority. Most of the workers were very lazy and were dependant on the hostesses for server duties even though that's not their job. I was not promoted to a server yet I was always told to run food and drinks to tables aswell as take orders. I felt like newer employees, good or bad, were not given any recognition and the older employees would be priority and would not be picked on by the manager and boss. I lived in constant fear of being fired for no reason just as others were.

Pros

Free drinks

Cons

Wouldn't normally let you take breaks, hours were very short

Kitchen job

It is your basic kitchen job good enough to get by but with no real chance of a lot of improvment Don't work here unless your done loving toward with your career

Pros

Free lunches

Cons

Crazy manager

Up and down place to work

Well unhappy place to work to be honest wasnt that fun really miserable bosses and well they never did callme back so they never new me at all... Oy ya the rickys I worked at actually had so much old dirty and fire hazzard .. So much for easy peazy that... Boss said I wasnt qualified enough to do deep cleaning in this dangerous enviroment fire hazzard I said to them bu tnever did hear me

Pros

Free food

Cons

Waste of time workign there

Poor Management

Poor management. No tip out for first 3 months and tip out are not given regularly. Its like given quarterly or maybe if they wanted to. Sometimes you have to work alone in all station and dishes as well.

Pros

Free meal after 4hrs

Cons

work alone and take care of all station and dishes

Typical serving job

Be prepared to look after everything from the moment a customer walks in, to the moment they leave. That includes seating them yourself, serving them (Making any drinks alcohol or otherwise) and cleaning up after. A typical day does not have any support staff and usually only a few servers.

Great team ethics and organization

I enjoyed my time at Ricky's and ABC country, I especially enjoyed working with the area manager, she is great. Good seminars and training assets. Found the atmosphere of the place relaxing and comfortable.

Good jobsite with great co workers

the only downside was the manager and her lack of productivity, pays stubs would always be late, the back office was cluttered with mail note and files overflowing yet the manager did nothing about the mess.

Terrible owner

Terribly managed. Owner non existant. General manager was amazing to work for. Bring in kitchen didn’t affect me unfortunately. Do not recommend!!!!!!

Jobs at RICKY'S ALL DAY GRILL

See more jobs

Good for someone planning to open their own restauraunt in future.

They have 6 hour shifts so it is good for student or part time worker. If someone wants to work fulltime it is a bit frustrating because you have work for at least 6 days.

Love this place Good work environment. Nice people and helpful staff. Very nice and clean. Good food. The manager and supervisor are always helpful. 🏠

Productive place to work at.

I think Rickys All Day grill provides you enough space to grow and meanwhile one can also enhance their communication skills. This is the best place..

Rickys all day grill Fort Saskatchewan

compared to the many other rickys neer by this rickys is stellar, the staff are great and we’re the best part of working there, the pay was minimum wage so nothing special but the manager would give out raises to the attractive servers who threatened to quit and also would engage in inappropriate relationships with select employees of his while not only to add that this person is married with 3 children .... great place great people disgusting manager

Why I am leaving this company

I am a current employee of Ricky’s and I must say it has taken me on a rollercoaster journey. So many ups and downs, but overall I would say the environment is stressful and lacking of good leadership. I have often cried after shifts and we are constantly running out of menu items. Definitely not easy for a first time server job.

South Location (former employee)

Working for this company over the course of 2 years in multiple positions it held I learned one thing - job ethic doesn't matter only if the GM (also owner) liked you mattered. I saw many good workers get let go over the fact he didn't like them and gossip could ruin you even with no evidence as long as he heard it from a favorite. Over worked and underpaid. He expects serving staff and managers to work with no guaranteed breaks or end shift times no matter what the schedule read. Left over 2 years ago and still wont return.

Cons

Stressful, micromanaging, instense environment

What A Sh*tshow

The boss and head server there are owners. They will yell at and belittle staff, and if you aren't related to them, they stress out the floor manager. They will call in the middle of lunch rush while watching you on camera just to yell at you. Things run relatively smoothly there, but only (if you're lucky) on the days where the owner isn't there, and you aren't understaffed. That was rare. He will openly yell at servers and other staff. Tipout would eat up at least a third of tips. Tipout was grand total, taxes included. I could write way more.

Fast paced

Overall good place to work. Tip out is one of the highest in the business, yet they are paying below other places. Not a bad place to work. Shifts aren't to bad.

The owner's at the downtown Edmonton location were the best people to work for and felt like family to me

Leaving my old workplace was very hard to do, and i will always cherish the amazing work days i had with them. Very relaxed environment, with friendly regular guests and amazing staff.

Enjoyable, fun and exciting work place.

I had a good time in the restaurant, I worked for almost 9 years. I just want to have a new experience, meet new people and work with different environment.

Pros

Free meal

Cons

no benefits

interesting place to work

The staff when i worked there was great. the management was friendly and cooperative when there was an issue needing to be addressed. everyone was open and willing to help when someone was struggling doing their tasks.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at RICKY'S ALL DAY GRILL. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9Job security/advancement