RICKY'S ALL DAY GRILL Employee Reviews

Very enjoyable atmosphere and good management
Hostess/Server/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Creston, BC20 June 2018
i Very much enjoyed working here the management was good most of the staff was nice and knew how to do their jobs. clean place, and good benefits to working there.
Team work!
Franchise Owner/Operator (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB19 June 2018
Working at Ricky's was fun. Everyone worked together as a team. The Staff are friendly and humorous. The greeter makes you feel at home as soon as you walk in.
Pros
Fast service and friendly staff!
Cons
Long line ups
Poor establishment
Server and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK26 May 2018
I have worked in various restaurants, never have I seen a manager carry on the way the manager did at the Regina location. I lasted a day. Hollering at this employees. The last thing a server wants is for someone to Hoover over them, trying to tell them what to do, and that’s what this man did. To be fair, the restaurant was not overly busy, and the amount of stress steaming from this man completely ruined the atmosphere. I notice this location is constantly looking for people, and I would assume it’s because they can not keep staff (reasonably so). He isn’t interested in accomadting people’s life’s sceduelss. You have been warned to seek employment elsewhere because it truly is a gong show.
One of my favorite places I've worked for sure
Hostess/Expo (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB15 April 2018
A typical day at Ricky's was always fun and games, while also maintaining professionalism throughout our shifts! I worked with so many amazing people and I'd honestly work there again if I had the chance! Management was super friendly and supportive. Employees were also very sweet.
Pros
Management and Staff
hostess
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Lakefield, ON10 April 2018
Highschool hostessing job. Basic duties are welcoming seating and maintaining guest satisfaction. taking payments via debit or cash and obtaining a copy of the merchant receipt
Fun but not worth the work and pay
Host (Former Employee) –  South Edmonton common place7 March 2018
Over all fun to work wasn’t making minimum wage but worked 7 hours a day for 6 day most weeks. The were nice understanding and fun but most likely the because I didn’t know I was being paid less then everyone else
Pros
Sometimes a free meal
Cons
Not enough pay for the work
Working as a Managerr
Kitchen Manager (Former Employee) –  Cranbrook, BC6 March 2018
When I started off as a line cook for the company I was not ready to be given the duty of running the kitchen in such a short time but when it was presented to me, after 3 days I decided to take the chance and become their new kitchen manager with 8 staff members in the kitchen to work with as a team. The intense training course they had me participate in was exciting , where I learned a lot about the company in the 3 week management course and what it was going to take to manage a kitchen
Pros
the staff
Cons
the business Closing
Very lovely staff
Host (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB15 February 2018
The staff that I worked with on floor were very sweet, patient, caring people. Get to work and everyone greeted you. The cooks would make you a free meal before work or on break of your choice off the menu (with exceptions, of course.) The days felt long only because you are on your feet all day but if you let yourself interact with the customers and your team with all good energies; you set yourself up with a good and productive day!
Its okay
Host (Former Employee) –  Delta, BC11 February 2018
Being a host was my very first job. I learned a lot of customer service skills. Its a good job for people who are looking for their first job. I would not recommend it for people who can't handle rude customers
Tips are good
Food and Beverage Server (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB3 February 2018
Working here is not so bad, Earned good tips when I worked here, more than the salary actually.
i just needed a job that has benefits and more stable for my family since I am a single parent.
Workers were awesome
Maintenance / Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Nanaimo, BC12 January 2018
Hardest part of job was helping dishwasher before I started my job
managers were awesome
open minded owner and staff
loved working by myself at night
and chatting with the staff
Pros
staff food discount
Cons
Not enough hrs to do a proper job
good place
Manager/Server (Current Employee) –  Regina, SK10 January 2018
good place to work, customers are awesome same as co workers, attached to a hotel so very busy when things are happening in the city, which means good money!
good place to work
Food Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton Queen River Boat, AB3 December 2017
was in the management training program, until another opportunity came up. the hours started early and were quite long, as is common in the food business.
Pros
good people, good food
Good hours, Friendly staff
Dishwasher and Busboy (Former Employee) –  Okotoks, AB30 November 2017
Friendly staff makes working a smooth experience, consistent hours and free lunches. Clean environment in a quality family restaurant, good menu items for free lunch.
Pros
Free Lunch, Friendly Staff
Cons
Intense hours
Hard manager, great first job
Host (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON24 November 2017
The manager and owner had a lot of turnover while I was there due to a lack of compassion. While I stayed there for two and a half years I became a veteran presence in the restaurant as there were little people who were still there when I started. Overall, it was a great place with an amazing staff who helped me through my first job.
Great work solid line training
1st Cook/Sauté (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB21 November 2017
it is a great place to come for fresh food worth every dollar you spend. great with experience when you have a reliable team. however management lacks where needed for guidance and assistance.
Pros
work experience
Cons
bad managment.
Productive but not the best environment
Line Cook (Current Employee) –  Langley, BC19 November 2017
The job is alright, but the managers are insane. They will not give you any choice over your shifts. Getting a day off is nearly impossible and hard to accomplish. Make sure you are ready to work under pressure with a lot of speed.
Great workers!
Line Cook/Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK16 November 2017
Very casual days. I've learned all the fundamentals in the kitchen and memorised the new menu quickly. management wasn't the best, or the worst. the co-workers made me feel at home and easy going. there wasn't really any task in the kitchen that was hard for me. i enjoyed working with my co-workers and the satisfaction of serving meals to the customers happily.
Pros
Free meals, and good energy with co-workers.
Cons
Cutting shifts.
stressful and chaotic
Waitress/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Nanaimo, BC11 November 2017
although my first year at rickys was fun and enjoyable, it quickly shifted as management changed. you leave work stressed out and unappreciated. the stress was not worth the extra cash in hand.
Fun and interesting
Prep Cook (Current Employee) –  South Common4 October 2017
work place is good, management is not good, the job is not so hard, sometimes is little bit boring but we had fun when we had more customers coming at the restaurant
Pros
free meal
Cons
8 hours/day