Ricki's Employee Reviews

Not an awful first job but wouldn't reccomend
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB22 April 2019
Ricki's treated me well for all of a month. my hours suddenly were cut without notice, schedules were being changed without notice and management was terribly rude. Too number/goal based rather than working on improvement and teammate, felt like we were competing. When brought up complaints about other co-workers, i was told I was incompetent and blamed for whatever the issue was. DO NOT RECCOMEND
Cons
everything
awesome
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON6 February 2019
There is not a typical day in Rickis. The retail environment is continually changing. The best part of the job are the people, staff and customers... Workplace culture is very good for a retail environment. Your FEEDBACK is not only valued, but it is a job requirement.

The only negative is the pay scale is below average. With all the American companies in Canada to compete against, the salary base should be higher. Even so a great environment to learn and grow in.
Nice place to work however breaks are not given
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB18 December 2018
According to the Alberta labor law employees are entitled to receive a 30 minute break for every 5 hours, however most of us do not get a break (not even a 15 minute one) which is very disappointing.
Pros
Friendly co-workers
Cons
no breaks
Very fun place to work and it it very nice from inside
Cook/Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC16 December 2018
I learned a lot of things. I learned how to make new types of food. Rickys accepted every type of culture people. The most enjoyable part was making new friends while working.
okay
Manager (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB9 September 2018
hours were too much with not enough staff-need to operate with more hours to give quality customer service. no need to be open in the mall we were in on a Saturday night until 9PM
or have additional late night Sunday night shopping. environment doesn't support the additional staff required as the sales just were reduced on another day to compensate the extra time allotted.
Good starter job for retail experience
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ON4 September 2018
not commision based, however sales are monitored for ability monitoring. disconnect between management and staff, fluctuating hours, often with less then a days notice.
Pros
half off clothes
Cons
fluctuating schedule and management to staff disconnect
Friendly Environment
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB25 August 2018
The sales associates are very friendly and fun to work with. However productivity lacked among management and new employees were not properly trained.
Great place of employment!
Part-time Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB7 August 2018
Ricki's is a great place to start if you're interested in the retail world. The environment is always very relaxed, but upbeat. Associates get along well, and bring liveliness to the stores.
Great customers, management was okay.
RETAIL SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Orleans, ON22 June 2018
Best customers I have ever had. Management however, was okay. It really did feel that at some points it did not matter what you were doing or how hard you were trying it just seemed to not be good enough.
Great position
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON7 May 2018
Fun work environment, friendly co-workers, friendly management, friendly customers for the most part, not much room for advancement, limited hours, fun clothing
Awesome place to work
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON30 April 2018
Honestly, I think this was the best job I ever had, constant support and encouragement, fun work environment. I would definitely recommend this employer.
Loved my job here
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB20 March 2018
Management was supportive, encouraging, and friendly. The employees worked as a team while motivating each other individually. The customers at Ricki's are always so much fun to help find the clothes/wardrobe they're looking for and very thankful for our customer service.
Pros
Professional and friendly management
Cons
Retail hours
A lot of pressure without proper training
Associate (Former Employee) –  Kitchener-Waterloo, ON12 February 2018
Got hired then immediately thrown onto the sales floor without any training. High expectations for sales on my first shift. Everyone in the store worked only three hour shifts and the actual associates were apparently in and out like a revolving door. A lot of pressure for new people and poor management. One of the other employees had been working there for a month and still didn't know the till. Would not recommend if you're looking for a job that you wish to be respected and supported in your starting shifts.
loved the customers
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Kamloops, BC3 December 2017
never consistant with hours, never was able to plan would get called in last minute and or sent home early. great if you just want to get the basics in customer service
Excellent first time retail experience
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB18 September 2017
The Ricki's clothing store is one of the most rewarding and uplifting environments I have gotten the opportunity to work for.

During my time at this job i learned a lot about how the retail industry works. Management allowed me the chance to work outside my sales associate position and taught me how to build the stores display, how to handle the paper work with closing the store and the chance to learn about clothing on different body types.
Fast paced and very friendly workplace
Key Holder (Current Employee) –  Fredericton, NB14 September 2017
I loved everything about working here. The customers are amazing and I love helping them find whatever they are looking for. A typical day can be very fast paced or very slow, but there is always work to be done. What I enjoy most is the chance to meet and greet new people every day.
Pros
new people every day
Cons
can be very slow at times
poor management
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON13 September 2017
Management was distracted, tried to intimidate you. the rest of the team was good. my day changed from day to day as I would have to pick up a lot of slack from management
Easy job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB5 September 2017
a typical day consists of folding clothes, sweeping, cleaning changing rooms, attending to customers, etc. I learnt about how to make an efficient sale. management used to never do any work.
shift manager
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON23 June 2017
Dont apply to this job. I got fired after 3months because its only temp but I wasn't told this. The staff is lazy so they here ppl so they can do less. Two face losers.
the hardest part of the job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON16 June 2017
The hardest part of the job is "connecting with customers". Customers will ask for help when needed, and that is when the connection should be built. It should not be forced when they walk through the store.
Pros
amazing staff