Ricki's

Ricki's Employee Reviews

Canada125 reviews
The people on the team are amazing.fast paced work environment especially during the holiday season. However the pay rate and lack of advancement were the main reasons I left.
Pros
Close friendships formed with co-workers
Cons
Low pay
This manager refuses to train anyone fully to ensure that the company "needs" her and no one else. She only does what's in her best interest, to make herself look better. Daily the manager would sit in the stock room and watch movies on her phone the whole time. Bringing this up to the higher ups resulting in nothing being done. For a while I didn't see this woman and I thought they had finally gotten rid of her.. lately I see she is back. Disappointing. Would not recommend working there under this manager. The company seems to turn a blind eye to all her short comings.
Pros
Discount, friendly staff, great customers
Cons
Unprofessional, hostility, low pay, poor scheduling
I worked with an amazing team that always wanted us to improve. The work culture is amazing. Flexible schedule. Could only improve their compensation.
Pros
Customers coworkers management flexibility
Cons
Scheduling pay
Ricki's is an amazing place to work, great area to grow and develop especially those that are looking for a first job. Amazing and supportive team. Should have good communication and interpersonal skills. Good at multi tasking, will be on your feet all day. Must be honest and reliable to all staff and customers, and be able to build a relationship with new individuals.
Understanding managers and coworkers. Fun environment with great opportunity of making meaningful connections with customers. Great training provided to employees.
a great place to start a career - one of the few companies who really stand by their ethics in terms of how they treat their people - many people still there after 30 years - if you want to grow, work had and the opportunity will present itself
Management is great, drama-free environment, as long as you do your job micromanagement isn't common, work well with students and are very understanding of schedule changes
The hardest job I've ever worked. Management didn't care, and it was too competitive for a clothing store that doesn't pay commission. Ridiculous sales goals and unreasonable expectations.
Great staff, great clothes , no salary
Poor management set you up to fail

There’s a reason for people Order items

Instead of shopping here

You feel like very pressure to make sale and treat people like sales
The Mgmt is too accommodating and don’t demand too much from the sales associates. If the store expected more sales from the associates, there would be more competitiveness and more hrs for the staff. A relaxed place to work if you are just starting out in the work force. Perfect for a high school student. Due to the low amount of hours.
It was a new experience, since day one they all were very nice and patient, they induced us how the work was. They also explain that for working there you have to wear leggings and is part of the dress code, a very nice environment and very healthy.
Pros
You chose your hours of work
Cons
Just 30 min of lunch
Very bad management, rude staff. If you like being criticized for not wearing makeup to work then this is the job for you. Very poor wages. They ask you to sell so much even tho you get paid hardly anything. They ask you to work way to much even when you specified you only want a certain amount of hours. Do not recommend.
Ricki's is great workplace with a great work environment. My only complaint is it is a minimum wage job but i believe if you sell over a certain amount you should make commission.
Enjoyed my time there. I liked mostly the interaction with customers, helping to fit and finding their needs.
My strength was creating outfits with appropriate accesories .

I regret having to leave at that time.

Would enjoy working for this company again.
Bad management, yells at you in front of customers. Good flexibility with hours sometimes...but will also get angry if you can’t work a certain time of day. Very hypocritical management. Fun people otherwise to work with. Very low wage.
Pros
50% off clothes
Cons
Unpaid overtime
As part of the management team, I should be able to survive on what they pay but sadly no, that's not the case. It's a shame because I love the people I work with. Leaving is necessary.
Main manager was the worst to work with and new employees dreaded working with her. Had unrealistic expectations of employees,acted annoyed when asked questions,was unapproachable,and would cut hours as punishment(I only later found out it's illegal). Half the employees in the store quit with 6 months under this manager. I would get blames for not making 1000 in sales in a day even when business was bad and it was my first week. I work part time at a fast food place now and although the workload is more it's a 100 times better. Please respect yourself and don't work at Ricki's
I worked at Ricki’s for two weeks and it was the worst two week period of work experience I’ve ever encountered. Management was rude, judgemental, unorganized and nit picky. Got booked on days I had school and had to constantly remind staff that I booked those days off for school. Got pressured into buying their clothes from insults to my own work appropriate wardrobe.
Pros
Good hours
Cons
Poor Management
coworkers are friendly. managers are nightmare- Managers have favorite workers and they are not honest and open with workers. No breaks except the 30min unpaid break. Too much gossip going on
Management at that location sucked. My co workers were an up side. The management there made you buy there clothes so you could work there. Took for ever to get any kinda training.
i loved working there, they were very good with working with my schedule. I got a long with all my co workers and enjoyed doing sales. i wish they had not closed down.