Ricki's Employee Reviews

Great customers, management was okay.
RETAIL SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Orleans, ON22 June 2018
Best customers I have ever had. Management however, was okay. It really did feel that at some points it did not matter what you were doing or how hard you were trying it just seemed to not be good enough.
Great position
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON7 May 2018
Fun work environment, friendly co-workers, friendly management, friendly customers for the most part, not much room for advancement, limited hours, fun clothing
Awesome place to work
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON30 April 2018
Honestly, I think this was the best job I ever had, constant support and encouragement, fun work environment. I would definitely recommend this employer.
Loved my job here
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB20 March 2018
Management was supportive, encouraging, and friendly. The employees worked as a team while motivating each other individually. The customers at Ricki's are always so much fun to help find the clothes/wardrobe they're looking for and very thankful for our customer service.
Pros
Professional and friendly management
Cons
Retail hours
A lot of pressure without proper training
Associate (Former Employee) –  Kitchener-Waterloo, ON12 February 2018
Got hired then immediately thrown onto the sales floor without any training. High expectations for sales on my first shift. Everyone in the store worked only three hour shifts and the actual associates were apparently in and out like a revolving door. A lot of pressure for new people and poor management. One of the other employees had been working there for a month and still didn't know the till. Would not recommend if you're looking for a job that you wish to be respected and supported in your starting shifts.
loved the customers
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Kamloops, BC3 December 2017
never consistant with hours, never was able to plan would get called in last minute and or sent home early. great if you just want to get the basics in customer service
Excellent first time retail experience
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB18 September 2017
The Ricki's clothing store is one of the most rewarding and uplifting environments I have gotten the opportunity to work for.

During my time at this job i learned a lot about how the retail industry works. Management allowed me the chance to work outside my sales associate position and taught me how to build the stores display, how to handle the paper work with closing the store and the chance to learn about clothing on different body types.
Fast paced and very friendly workplace
Key Holder (Current Employee) –  Fredericton, NB14 September 2017
I loved everything about working here. The customers are amazing and I love helping them find whatever they are looking for. A typical day can be very fast paced or very slow, but there is always work to be done. What I enjoy most is the chance to meet and greet new people every day.
Pros
new people every day
Cons
can be very slow at times
Easy job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB5 September 2017
a typical day consists of folding clothes, sweeping, cleaning changing rooms, attending to customers, etc. I learnt about how to make an efficient sale. management used to never do any work.
shift manager
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON23 June 2017
Dont apply to this job. I got fired after 3months because its only temp but I wasn't told this. The staff is lazy so they here ppl so they can do less. Two face losers.
the hardest part of the job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON16 June 2017
The hardest part of the job is "connecting with customers". Customers will ask for help when needed, and that is when the connection should be built. It should not be forced when they walk through the store.
Pros
amazing staff
As far as Retail Goes...
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON24 April 2017
As far as working in this industry goes, Rickis is not too bad. It is very much manager dependent. Make sure to take your breaks. Good managers make the job good... bad managers make it bad. There are so many stores that is hard to say how it will be at any specific store.
Pros
Good Discount
Cons
It is retail.
Great customer service job.
Shift Leader (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB23 March 2017
Is a slower pace store, I spend most of my time working with customers, straightening and cleaning.
I learned the value of teamwork, and personal improvement in customer service and sales.
The hardest part of the job is staying productive on a slow day.
The most enjoyable part of the job is working with customers, and helping find what they're looking for.
Pros
Stable
Cons
Not enough hours
Supportive team wanting to see growth within employees
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Milton, ON25 January 2017
Rickis was my first job and before this job I was shy. Management helped me break out of my shell and taught me skills like how to speak to customers in a professional manner. They also pushed me to reach my daily goals and I always did.
Pros
fun environment
Cons
Hours were not communicated in a timely manner
Upbeat place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Nanaimo, BC17 January 2017
While working in the retail business can be an upbeat and busy place to work, especially over the holidays , it really taught be my multitasking skills and patients. It was a wonderful place to work with wonderful staff.
Great place of work
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Guelph, ON11 December 2016
Great place to work. Good work environment and culture with support from upper management. Unpredictable future for store as each year they are earning less and less due to online shopping
Wouldn't recommend this company
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge, ON7 November 2016
Did not have an enjoyable experience working for Ricki's. From the beginning of when our store opened, we constantly had higher ups in our store dictating to the store manager and constantly pushing the employees to sell more product, often with ridiculous and unattainable daily quotas, even though our store was making well below what it was supposed to. This caused a lot of stress to all working employees and within a matter of a few short months the manager, assistant manager and more than half of the employees quit and found work elsewhere.

While I enjoyed the job while it was just the regular employees there, and had a great time helping the customers around the store, when the higher ups were in our store it was very stressful and not a fulfilling work environment.
the best starter job
Sale Assistant/Keyholder (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ON19 October 2016
Ricki's is great place to start out in the workforce because it gives you the opportunity to grow and develop your skills. The co-workers were all different ages and culture.
Excellent Place to work
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK16 October 2016
Very busy
Dependable management team
Good training
Support
Opportunities for growth
Loved working with the customers and helped them complete their new looks
Pros
Great enviroment and support
Cons
Lots of clean up to do
Good clothing retail job
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON21 August 2016
Very customer service based, respects and values all customers. Great friendly environment. Job security is low due to the closing down of a few stores. Overall good company to work for.