RICHTER

RICHTER Employee Reviews

Canada14 reviews
Not recommended
You will need to be in the inner circle of the management to get some decent work so that you can learn from the job. Otherwise you are going nowhere career wise. Management is weak. The hardest part of the job is not job itself it has everything to do with how the management allocates workload and how work is reviewed and evaluated. I barely learned anything when I worked there. To be honest the culture there was really depressing.
Pros
Free food all the time.
Cons
Work management is a mess.
2 May 2019
Thank you for your review, it will be shared with management. We always make sure that all team members have the opportunity to work on a variety of different files based on client needs and availability. We are proud and committed to building a positive and rewarding culture and have received tremendously positive feedback from team members so far. Please feel free to share more about your experience with our partner Tanya Greenidge at tgreenidge@richter.ca.
Think twice before you join
The problem is not the workload is too much, there is simply very little workload and only the favored employees get work. The core issue is just the clientele is not large enough to keep everyone busy. In this situation, the culture becomes very toxic and the blame flows from the top to the bottom like waterfall. Arrogant attitude becomes the disguise of sense of insecurity. So think twice before you join, if you go to their interview and ask about their clientele, if they cannot give a full description of what they are doing or even get triggered, you know what you are going to do.
8 May 2020
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. These behaviors are extremely concerning and do not reflect our Richter values nor culture. We will definitely look into the matter and would love to ask you some questions. Please reach out to Tanya Greenidge, Partner, at tgreenidge@richter.ca. We look forward to hearing from you.
Stressful and no job training
The manager was verbally rude and lazy. He didn't teach me the system. He always calls you out when you ask for help and makes you feel like your days are numbered. He has a short temper. The people there are nice overall, but the IT department could use improving
8 May 2020
We are sorry to read about your experience. This is concerning and does not reflect our Richter values nor culture. We will look into the matter and hope you would be open to sharing your story. If so, please reach out to Tanya Greenidge, Partner, at tgreenidge@richter.ca. We look forward to hearing from you.
Great place to learn.
I really enjoyed my time at Richter. Great people, co-workers and management.

Working on several client files throughout a year always made it challenging and was never bored doing the same things all the time.
2 May 2019
Thank you for your review. Our people definitely make this firm great! We are happy that you were able to learn and be challenged while at Richter. We wish you all the best in your new role!
a b c d
a typical day at work, what you learned managemnet, workplace culture, the hardest part of the job,a typical day at work, the most enjoyable part of the job.
Ok
Not a place I would continue to work for , nothing beats RC... My experience wasn't good enough people are nice but management sucks ... And let's not talk about HR horrible disappointment
Super company
I love this firm. The management and company culture are something I now look for in other companies. A great company with many opportunities for growth.
Good place to start your career
I learned mostly tax and accounting knowledge from Richter. There were quite a lot tax training at the firm that equipped me with a solid understanding of International Tax.
Not good
Nothing much to say. Long hours. Co-workers are good. Management is so so. Hardest part is the stress. Enjoyable part is professionl work which I always love.
Pros
Salary
Cons
productive and good place to work
the hardest part of the job is to have to manage many files at the same time. Also each manager has a different way to work, so you always have to adapt depending on who you are working for.

Most managers will make time to help you out on the file. but you have to be prepared.
colleagues are open to share their knowledge
good place to work, colleagues can be very helpful.

the fact that there are too many levels of review can create cause hours of work.
Pros
good place to work
Cons
the salary is lower than the market. Employees are not always treated equally
Work experience at Richter
I have 3 years auditing experience at a large canadian national accounting firm, Richter LLP, associated with the RSM network. This includes 3 months working as a financial analyst in the Consulting department, working with a team on Asset-based Lending (and due diligence) mandates for American Banks/Lenders.
Analyste
chaque jour est différent, mais par contre on doit faire la fin de mois et toutes tâches reliés
Pros
plusieurs programme dont les REER, Hwb
Cons
trop de chef
Productive and fun workplace
•a typical day at work: I am working on various mandate in the small accounting department and I reveiew some work done by the staff
•what you learned: I leard new things every day!

•the hardest part of the job: being on top of everything, managing all deadlines and clients requests

•the most enjoyable part of the job: I leard new things every day!