Richmond Steel Recycling Employee Reviews

Good place to advance your career
Chief Financial Officer (Current Employee) –  Richmond, BC9 December 2018
Generally fun and supportive with a strong commitment to safety. Growth orientated and very diverse. People that fit well stay a long time as there are different ways to continuously advance.
Terrible place to work
Maintenance Labourer (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BC27 April 2018
Dont work here...safety and employees lives mean nothing. Production production production.
You get your schedule friday night for monday morning. You could work days afternoons or graveyards or a combination of the three in a single week.
"Mandatory" overtime or disciplinary action.
Employees overworked in dangerous conditions equals serious injuries.
Before your start look at their work safe records and decide if you want to be a statistic.
Pros
Fellow employees in the trenches
Cons
Management, lack of safety, working conditions
7 May 2018

Thank you very much for taking the time to provide feedback on your experience at Richmond Steel Recycling. I would really appreciate the opportunity to speak with you about your comments, you can reach me at any time at 604.326.3270 or at lnecochea@richmondsteel.ca.

Former employee
Loader Operator , plant operator (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BC29 March 2018
My advice is to be open to change, especially modern and global change, give staff the autonomy to develop the role and themselves, don't treat employees like you're in a dictatorship.
(Main Management district and regional) do not care about you or your life or you all they care about is production they work your till your exhausted and mentally drained. On plus side the workers are great they treat you like family. Safety is a big issue there once again they would rather care more about production over the safety of the employees . They also don't have proper work scheduling you never know how long your on a certain shift. (Morning, afternoons, or graveyards)
Pros
The wages and benefits, and coworkers are great
Cons
1.Safety 2.regional and district managers. Management clashes with workers

HR Manager

no room for advancement no concrete schedule
Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BC16 March 2018
One of the worst places I've worked in my life .. coming from a heavy equipment background granted the wage and then taken from me because of workers hating on outside success ... management gets ears filled easy and human resources lady is a joke .. smile in your face talk behind ur back
Also there's no garunteed work schdule can always be moved around

Management doesn't care about workers .. only within union lines

WBC has also been informed of improper working conditions
Pros
Friendly workers
Cons
No garunteed schdule always moved around

HR Manager

this was not a place i enjoyed working at
Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BC20 March 2017
This was not a good place for me.
I enjoyed running the equipment.
Not much.
hmmmm
not sure there was any
The hardest part of that job was being 1 of 3 Canadians among an entirely immigrant working crew ( most of whom did not speak English) and did not conform to the way things should be done.It made for a very dangerous work place,
Pros
it was within 1/2 hr drive from home.
Cons
simply was not a safe place to be.
13 September 2018

Thank you for your comments, we greatly appreciate any and all feedback about what it's like to work at Richmond Steel Recycling. I would like to have the opportunity to discuss these issues further with you, you can reach me at lnecochea@richmondsteel.ca.

Great place to work!
GENERAL PURCHASING (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BC1 June 2014
RSR and SimsMM is a fun place to work and fosters a great atmosphere. There is plenty of room for advancement within the company and incentives for training and learning new skills, The work is challenging, but rewarding

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Richmond Steel Recycling. Our community is ready to answer.

2.4