Richmond Honda

Richmond Honda Employee Reviews

Canada17 reviews
Fun place to work
All employees are very generous and are willing to help you with any type of situation. All managers are able to help you with the schedule and they pay you well for what you are told to do.
Terrible job, horrible management
You have to work overtime on weekends and off hours to earn ridiculously poor commission, and the management in the office use you as a slave to make money for them...
Full Time Car Wash Attendant
<NOTE: I AM NOT OVERRATING>

There is lack of communication between coworkers and employers. They don't care about your safety nor your benefits. If I can put this in a simpler term, I will say "Sweatshop".

You get 3x 10 minutes breaks and 30 minutes lunch break. But when you work as a "Car Wash Attendant", you have no break nor lunch break. I had no lunch break nor coffee breaks for four days and the management did nothing.

They expect me to clean the car less than 2 minutes..., there is no physical nor mental ways that you can clean a car in 2 minutes. Other coworkers told me, back than they had four guys washing cars but management changed it one person washing the vehicle.

Now, just imagine...! There are 12 plus mechanics fix cars and one guy cleaning the car. And nobody communicate to each other. That's called "Failed Management & Failed teamwork".

And you don't get hourly paid. You get paid by pieces. Meaning, you clean 70 cars today, you get $255.50

Not just that, 90% customer cars are Bio Hazard....!!!!! They should address this job as "Bio Hazard Attendant" rather than "Car Wash Attendant".

<IN MY OPINION, IF YOU WANT A MEANINGFUL JOB WITH GOOD BENEFIT. DON'T BOTHER WITH THIS WORK THEY WILL JUICE YOU OUT UNTIL YOU ARE USELESS TO THEM>

ONLY REASON I WORKED HERE WAS, I WANTED TO PURSUE MY DREAM IN AN AUTOMOTIVE INDUSTRY... BUT YOUR FELLOW EMPLOYEES BULLIES YOU, TREAT YOU LIKE A DIRT AND BLAME YOU FOR EVERYTHING FOR THEIR MISTAKE.... NAH...! I'M OUT!
Poor leadership. Management lie to customers, dismiss problems.
Management often override technicians findings and lie to customers. They tell us to not tell customers how serious problems really are. They don't treat us nicely either. If we don't agree, we are ignored and placed on a "naughty list". I guess I'll be getting coal this holiday season!!!
Productive and Fun as a lot attendant
As long as you plan and organize your days out, Richmond Honda can be stress-free. Days can either be extremely busy or very laid back. It all depends if cars are selling or not.
Poor leadership. Management lie to customers, dismiss problems.
positive
representing outstanding product---meeting and greeting a wide diversity of people, all ages---thrill of the completed sale, and earning customer satisfaction--work independence--unrestricted earning opportunity--balanced life style--great team

Con:--difficult to communicate with large percentage of potential prospects due to language--Asian
Pros
out of pocket expense free
Mind numbing tasks
cleaned cars (quick wash and vacuum) after they get serviced, then park in a stall
pick up and drop off customers in morning/afternoon respectively

didn't learn much, aside from a more efficient method of parking cars
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Richmond Honda?
Productive and fun place to work with great people
High volume fast paced place to work. Great management team and great team all around. Long term employees speaks volume for the company. Highly Recommended.
Pros
Friendly Environment
A workplace full of pleasant surprises!!
An overall pleasant and cooperative workplace! The challenge is to perform with phones ringing and shop demands; ie service advisors @ recs!!
Pros
Good conpensation
Great enviroment and Management
Role is very basic. Did not extend my learning, strictly washed cars. Management was great but somethings were to be revised
Great dealership group and workplace
Great proactive dealership group to work for and the management team is top notch. Working with Peter, Brian and the team was a pleasure. Lots of great clients and memories.
Pros
lots of variety
Great Place to Work
I get the chance with a great group of ladies and gentlemen. Seeing the car sales from a different point of view... from inside rather than seeing it as the customer's point of view. It really entices to learn more about the automotive industry.
Pros
great team
Cons
you can't be sensitive.
Great co-workers, poor management.
As a Valet at Richmond Honda I was tasked primarily to perform alignment check with Hunter's quick-check machine. The job itself is not difficult by any means. However, I felt I was being micro-managed. I was torn by both management and coworkers as they had polar opposite opinions of how the department should be run. I felt I was playing a balancing act between keeping my service advisers happy, and meeting the very high quota given by my manager. Within the lot staff, I have seen a lot of turnovers and I feel it is due to a mixture of unmotivated lot staff and the inconsiderate feeling the manager gives off. What has kept me working here was my easy-going coworkers, the relatively high pay and the opportunity to use the shop after hours.
Pros
Easy-going coworkers
Cons
Lack of motivation, micro-management, hard-to-meet quota.
was fun place to work until new managers came up with productivety
hardest part of job was trying to please management with productivety when they expect you to trouble shoot problems and make time where trouble shooting is paid straight time not flat rate time so how in the world can you achief 115% productivety.
Pros
friendly staff
Cons
owners does not return a say good morning when they walk by
great employees and facility.
great employees. older facility. decent work schedule. staff parking was far
Pros
employees
Cons
wage
n/a
i was given an opportunity that allowed me to gain experience in a union environment.