Richelieu Hardware Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Very friendly enivornment
Credit Officer / Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BC28 March 2018
A typical day at Richelieu as a Credit Officer:

Reviewing and authorizing cheques, EFTs, and wires based on risk management and AML regulations

Daily monitoring of credit, registered debits and margin accounts based on firm policy

Reviewing and approving internal/external transfers which have credit-related

Monitoring daily security concentration levels

Assisting in capital and credit reporting

Completing other assigned projects as assigned
Management needs a reality check!
Inside Sales/Customer Service/Tech Support (Former Employee) –  British Columbia16 March 2018
The staff is over-worked, underpaid, and there is NO recognition for hard work or being a good employee.
I would never recommend this employer to anyone, and suggest you run as fast as you can if they try to hire you.
Pros
None worth mentioning!
Cons
Too many to mention!
Horrible
credit officer (Former Employee) –  ville st laurent8 March 2018
Team Leader in (Quebec & US ) and Team Manager need to get FIRED!!! No respect and class, sad to see such bullying and control freaks, would never recommend that place
Pros
some staff are nice
Cons
Upper Management need to clean house
very poor
Credit Officer (Former Employee) –  Montréal-Est, QC7 March 2018
would not work there, the attitude of credit manager and team leaders are very unprofessional and very rude, furthermore have no respect for employees
Cons
very rude
Job security / improvement
Senior Buyer, Analyst (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC27 September 2017
work place is nice, the training may be more important and given by the management or extern companies
their business is growing so secure company, it might be more social activities
Strict and No sense of community
Graphic Designer (Former Employee) –  Saint-Laurent, QC17 April 2017
Had a very strict manager and we had to eat lunch at our desks. Location (ville st Laurent) is really not an interesting area to work in, very industrial.
Cons
Location, Work environment
Great co-workers
Kitchen Showroom Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON31 October 2016
There are many good reasons to chose this company to work for, but the management was terrible within the last year that I worked there.
Pros
Benefits, great co-workers
Cons
Long Hours, management needs tuning
Richeliue is decent
Back desk Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB10 August 2016
I had a good salary and full time hours. I had job stability except if I wanted time off or to use my vacation time.I had to leave because they refused me 5 days for a vacation that I had planned since before I started working for them.
Pros
Good hours
Cons
No vacation
Good place for a new challenges
JDE Technical Consultant Senior (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC31 March 2016
Richelieu's business is expanding a lot and there are many new backlogs projects. But to them , JDE modules aas Sales orders, Inventory control, A/R are stiill new to them and they are afraid to use them again their old existing systems on AS/400 RPG ILE. During my time at Richelieu, I was responsible to create and maintain all the interfaces of PO, Inventory, A/P, Forecast from AS/400 to JDE. I am really proud of what I have accomplished for them.
Environnement de travail difficile et peu agréable
agent de crédit (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC5 April 2015
Peu d'avancement possible, ambiance délétère, petits chefs imbus de leurs autorité, management préoccuppé de la prochaine acquisition et avantages sociaux médiocres.
my personal
Credit Manager (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC27 November 2014
This position is for people who can multiy-task, can deal with with stress and are able to work with customer service and sales.
I have learn a lot with Richelieu, specially on how to negociate payment plan with a very risky business.
Co-workers are very helpful and everyone has the same goal
The hardest part of this job is to create a personal relationship with your customers as it's a fast pace environment but this also is what I enjoy the most.
Productive work with good wages
Data-Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB30 April 2013
For a majority of my time there I worked in the back desk. I learned to use the AS-400 system to inquire on products and assist customers when need be. From there I was responsible for making sure all orders print off, and refill paper when need be. I also had to supervise any shipments coming in, as well as assist customers with orders pre-picked.
Management let me have free reign and gave me little supervision, and entrusted my decisions for the betterment of the company. My co-workers, who I had to delegate orders to, sometimes wouldn't listen or blatantly ignore my requests for help; lead to much frustration.
The hardest part of my job was making sure there was enough work for not just myself, but also the order pickers who did both customer and industrial orders.
The most enjoyable part was the scheduling. I worked a fixed Monday through Friday shift, early morning to mid afternoon. Always had weekends and holidays off.
Pros
Hour lunch in the middle of the day, fixed shifts and scheduling, weekends off
Cons
Associates would not listen at times, ignored rules and regulations