Richelieu Hardware

Richelieu Hardware Employee Reviews

Canada45 reviews
It was a decent place to work. Large company. Some great people in management. Staff can be good or bad. Has share opportunity. Yearly reviews are done.
Pros
Monday to Friday
Cons
Can be very fast paced
I worked at the Surrey branch for a couple of years and when COVID hit I was laid off like many people in the company. Life at Richelieu is good in Surrey for most of the time and they made changes to management that improved the work life but the branch manager has to go. Has no direction and no real sales background and has had many different jobs. Refuses to deal with the so called micro manager up front. ....................................................................,,................................................,......,,..,,.Hope to be back soon................................................
Pros
Environment and not crazy hours
Cons
Pay could be better and to much micro management in sales side
It was a good company to work for I really felt like they cared until they didn't.
Then I felt unwanted or they didn't care at all about me at all. That's all
Been at Richelieu hardware for 5 years now, but am looking to expand my portfolio and broaden my skills. Overall the team at Richelieu is good, and are a close nit team but i feel its time for me to leave my "family" on to bigger and better things
Managed by a manager who is managed by his manager who is out of province and at the end of the day, they worry about numbers and it is not for the worker or those valued customers. Richelieu Hardware will not exist in Saskatchewan in a few years with how they run their business or how they conduct business.
They have a really good benefits package. As well you can by shares in the company. They do awesome! All the people are wonderful to work with. Flexible hours. Opportunities to travel. Good pay. Lots of room for advancement. No cap on what you can earn.
Sans aucune stratégie pour la valorisation des employés.
Aucune formation

Aucune organisation

Aucun avancement

Aucune compétence pour la gestion des ressources humaines

Aucune révision salariale équitable

Aucun entretien des bâtiments déneigement inadéquat risque de blessure fréquente, (gestion de la santé inexistante) nettoyer les locaux, nettoyer les systèmes d’aération,
Pros
Aucun
Cons
Trop pour tous les énumérer
Best managed company
Leaders are strategic and long term vision

An exceptionnal way to develop your talent and skills

If you want to learn about marketing, sales, web, logistic you will get very strong experience
depressing work , superviser always on your tail, poor management…...
Pros
salary
Cons
back stabbing from employees and supevisers, poor management, warehouse dirty..etc
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Richelieu Hardware?
As a former employee, I can tell you this company lacks competent management. Managers didn't follow through on promises of pay increases or promotions and morale is low. They even short changed hourly workers on stat holidays by only paying them 8 hours when every other day of the week they get paid for 9 hours (at work for 9.5 but naturally don't get paid for lunch breaks). Glad I found a position in a new company that values me as an employee and doesn't constantly tell me I am replaceable.

The only positive I can give is that the hours were reasonable (M-F).
The work for Richelieu is very dependent on the department you work for as the management varies a great deal from department to department. The company started as a hardware supplier to Cabinet makers and carpenters and still favours that industry but is diversifying. They are vary large but try to run as a small company with very strong ties to ownership or perceived ownership by a few.
Pros
good pay and benefits and staff are generally treated well
Cons
big company run like a family owned business sometimes this conflicts with operations
I was hired to film and give advice for the 3d modeling parts. I had to film the product with my camera in a rented meeting office. However employers where very nice and often asked for our opinion
Pros
Would pay for breakfast or lunch
Cons
Rented office for meetings
Je ne conseille pas surtout au centre de distribution / Siège social
Pros
salaire
Cons
le centre de distribution est aménagé très dangereusement ( racking)
It was a good place to work, then new management came in and the job security was out the window. there was no room to move up in the company, you had one base rate and that was it
Les patrons sont très respectueux avec leurs employer et inculque le respect entre collègues.
Pros
Nous pouvons toucher a tout les postes
Cons
L’entrepôt n'est pas climatiser alors il fait chaud l'été et froid l'hiver
Travail est plat sont dinosaure pas davansament la formation est longue est plate .

Endroit poussiéreux et mal gérée des plantes partout
Calling on all accounts from design, specification, installation & payment. Full sales cycle sales interaction. Large sales force and many products.
I had a blast working full time last summer at Richelieu warehouses. The workers there have a great team spirit, the job is never boring and the salaries are quite high.

you get 2 breaks per day and the bosses are never too strict.
Pros
good break timings
Cons
work can get physical
Their Attitude is "if you don't like it here, leave" Couldn't be bothered by listening to any of their employees

High turn-over for this reason, people do not want to work in these conditions
Pros
close to home
Cons
no culture
A typical day at Richelieu as a Credit Officer:

Reviewing and authorizing cheques, EFTs, and wires based on risk management and AML regulations

Daily monitoring of credit, registered debits and margin accounts based on firm policy

Reviewing and approving internal/external transfers which have credit-related

Monitoring daily security concentration levels

Assisting in capital and credit reporting

Completing other assigned projects as assigned
The staff is over-worked, underpaid, and there is NO recognition for hard work or being a good employee.
I would never recommend this employer to anyone, and suggest you run as fast as you can if they try to hire you.
Pros
None worth mentioning!
Cons
Too many to mention!