Richardson International

Richardson International Employee Reviews

It was dangerous if someone was moving the rail cars while you were opening or closing the cars as you could be pulled off of the train. Personnel were also not willing to take responsibility for their actions and that is why I left.
Safety is not Richardson top priorty, management is terrible they will hide anything that involves them. Sure there building a new grain terminal but doesn't mean that the company will improve it self internally. If you have any smarts then don't bother on applying here. It will only bring you stress and misery.
Pros
Schedule, Vacation time.
Cons
Management, Salary, Grain Dust.
Company is very poorly managed, they never listened to the employees, especially Involving safety concerns. Some staff are hard to work with and are looking for failure in co workers to better themselves, toxic work environment that will never change, disorganized and lack of will to train you in your daily activities. Constantly think they are above the laws of Ontario.
Company is very poorly managed, they never listened to the employees, even Involving safety concerns. Some staff are hard to work with and are looking for failure in co workers to better themselves, toxic work environment that will never change, disorganized and lack of will to train you in your daily activities. If I knew what I do now I would of never wasted my time taking a job there. I would not recommend working there
depends on which location you get sent to, overall salary is good benefits are great and the Christmas party is pretty good, be careful with who you trust though
It's a pleasure to work at Richardson. Good benefits and good salary. Management is good and team building is excellent. They have a good training program and work process is laid out really good.
Due to unforseen circumstances they let me go I was going thru personal problems and they wouldn't let me explain my story and they let me go when they new I was waiting for a phone call to decide my fate
Good benefits and room for advancement if willing to relocate. Typical work day depending on the season can be very frantic or very slow and boring. Really just depends on the season and what you do for work.
Richardson International is a great place to work. Everyone is extremely knowledgeable and willing to help and the managers know exactly how to communicate their expectations and requirements for any specific project or task. You are given plenty of opportunity, and are encouraged, to contribute your ideas.
Great team of people, lots to learn! Ample learning and development opportunities. Strong reputation in the market. Growth opportunities. Nice work spaces.
Great environment, great people, and great company. Very safe, and really enjoyed working there. The people are very friendly, and it really felt like family
Richardson International Grain Elevators is a fast-paced workplace with knowledgable Management and employees who strive to get the job done in a safe and effective manner. They strive for satisfaction and getting the product to its' destination on time. I enjoyed working at Richardson International Grain Elevators and appreciated the efforts of the Management and employees in making every day at work a positive achievement.
A typical day starts with safety meeting and day planner, followed by headinng to field to complete floating operations as requested by customers. End of day consists of completeing any maintenance or repairing any issues found during the work day.
The workplace atmosphere is one of fear and anger. Co-workers rejoice when management is gone. Management was so cheap as to be unwilling to replace worn out shovels or brooms. Poorly paid compared to my peers who work for the competition. Management will tell you what you want to hear in order to keep you around, just empty promises.
Pros
Regular hours, benefits, room for advancement as long as you are educated.
Cons
Poor management, frugal company, bad workplace morale.
Changes were made that have an operations manager now who is an actual leader. The plant morale has improved and the worksite is getting better. Changes are being made, new equipment, more employees,better training and starting to be a great place to work. There are still issues with a old supervisor, but with a manager in place we have someone who listens and seems to take care of the problems when they come up. We needed a manager for along time and head office listened.
Pros
Operations manager who listens and you can talk to
terrific support from coworkers high paced workplace that challenges you day to day career development through internal training programs opportunity to move within the company
They hire people and let them go within the probation period. It is like a revolving door with this job. This job is always posted every six months. They expect you to be as good as the guy who has been there for two plus years. No proper training or time to get use to things and to get really good. I found that the people in the department throw each other under the bus especially if you are new and also talk behind your back. You are set up to fail because of the lack of training. There is no teamwork. The work environment is very toxic. A very high turnover rate. I would not suggest applying.
Pros
Salary
Cons
High turn over rate/Lack of Training/Toxic Work Environment
I wouldn’t recommend working in Barrhead plant. Very toxic and you can feel the tension. Unless your desperate and just need a job go ahead. Management is clueless and it feels like they are there to make the place close up permanently.
Pros
Good starting wage for the area.
Cons
The clarity net training. Constantly on the computer.
The culture is a toxic one and takes a toll on you. People regularly no show their shifts and seemingly are rewarded for it. Can be a very frustrating place to work.
The most enjoyable part of the job was the manual part of it, I love to be busy instead of standing around. I enjoyed my co workers. Plant is a clean environment
Pros
hard working
Cons
not enough room for advancement
Typical day at work can be very laid back but extremely boring if it's not busy. If it's busy you'll enjoy it. Management believes there's always work to be done but can never point it out if you ask and will enjoy chatting with customers more than working.
Pros
Good benefits and raises